TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: we all know how Walmart’s cctv footage always shows up in trials, so they’ll have her buying this
^^rsbm

I have to say I'm most impressed with Walmart's fraud dept, much more than Target, Best Buy, and Home Depot after the theft of my bankcards and fraudulent use at the retailers above! Even though use at Walmart was less than others, they were not only the most cooperative with LE, their surveillance (lighting) is excellent -- including the Walmart fuel pumps!

When mention of the credit card being found in the locker, someone here suggested it may have been a prepaid that was found - and it’s sounding like maybe it was. Sure will be terrible if it was prepaid that could be reloaded and someone close to her was reloading it. The emails will be interesting too.

I’m thinking shared credit card, or shared bank account…maybe with the business they started.
Could also be PayPal or Venmo of even ApplePay. I have noticed that regular bank accounts are sending notifications, but they are much less tied up to emails than venmo, paypal, uber or any other new digital apps. I don't know what could be accepted at Walgreens, save for credit cards, but it is tied up to an email, so, interesting to find out.

However, if this is an account that promptly sends CS notification, the reverse could be true. Makes me wonder how he expected his "flowers for Alison" lie to fly, btw.

Last edited:
Could also be PayPal or Venmo of even ApplePay. I don't know what could be accepted at Walgreens, but it is tied up to an email, so maybe something newer than the credit card.

However, if this is an account that promptly sends CS notification, the reverse could be true. Makes me wonder how he expected his "flowers for Alison" lie to fly, btw.
Oh I am guessing he had to make a story for the flowers. I think someone got flowers. MOO

Another thing I found interesting about this new info is that she left Santa Teresa to go back to San Jose…about a six hour trip, and she returned possibly appearing after a procedure that was done there. I had always assumed she could have had this done when first arriving in Costa Rica.

I would assume that she would have had to stay at a hotel near the surgical center for a couple of days (after doing some research to the cosmetic services available there). This would be much more costly than staying at the hostel she was found in.

Anyways, since she maybe had this done after some time on the run makes me feel that she was getting more concerned of being found.

@RickshawFan
I actually do distinctly recall reading a bio book about Bundy where the author (can’t recall now which it was, as I read several) stated that Bundy had “many looks” and could look remarkably different at different times.

ETA:
When Ted Bundy was arrested in Utah and put on trial for the attempted kidnapping of Carol DaRonch, she proved to be an unreliable eyewitness. Although she remembered key details about his Volkswagen Beetle, she was unable to identify him from a mugshot. The defense pressed her on the inconsistency: it seemed odd, given her attacker hadn’t been wearing a mask and they’d interacted for several minutes.

But after viewing different photos of Bundy throughout the years, one might understand DaRonch’s confusion. Bundy had a chameleon-like ability to deftly change appearances—whether physically or with the help of costumes and props—which helps explain why the vicious killer was able to evade the law for so long. In the mid-1970s, the serial killer murdered at least 30 womenacross multiple states, baffling investigators for years.
View attachment 353641
Great article, thank you for posting this. It also describes a very creepy phenomenon with Bundy regarding his eyes I read about years ago. Snipped for Focus

Ted Bundy’s Changing Eye Color​

In addition to Bundy’s propwork, he could also physically change…sometimes mid-conversation, says Michaud. According to the author, during his Bundy interviews the killer’s face would physically change with his mood.

It started with his eyes.

“His true day-to-day eye color… He had these kind of pretty blue eyes,” says Michaud. “But when he really got going, his eyes got black.”

Michaud isn’t sure why that is, although he’s open to the idea that it might have had something to do with pupil dilation at times of heightened arousal.

True evil...

JMO

Last edited:
Oh I am guessing he had to make a story for the flowers. I think someone got flowers. MOO
And I wonder if KA saw those flowers inside the apartment where she followed MW. That would have probably cranked her rage up exponentially. May explain why she took multiple shots to the head, in addition to one in the torso. And not to be morbid, but I think it would say something about the shooter, so I wonder if she was shot in the face (my thoughts) or the back of the head. JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I posted this a couple days ago, and it explains the realities of the right to a speedy trial in Texas. This move by the defense is nothing more than putting the state on notice that they are going to be ready to defend their client as soon as the state can get their stuff together (whether true or not). No way this case is going to get dismissed because of right to speedy trial delays. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
And I wonder if KA saw those flowers inside the apartment where she followed MW. That would have probably cranked her rage up exponentially. May explain why she took multiple shots to the head, in addition to one in the torso. And not to be morbid, but I think it would say something about the shooter, so I wonder if she was shot in the face (my thoughts) or the back of the head. JMO
Either way, it’s awful to envision.

Poor Mo. She had no idea the danger she was in.

I wonder if KA's "attempted purchase" that caused CS to receive an alert was rejected/declined by the financial provider?

Since APD reported KA did ultimately purchase a phone and prepaid debit card, perhaps she used cash for part or all of the transaction.

If declined, this follows that the retailer's policy prohibits purchasing prepaid debit cards using KA's form of payment.

According to court documents, Strickland told police Armstrong had bought a new phone after hers was taken by APD during a search of their Austin home. He also said he had gotten an alert on his phone which notified him Armstrong had attempted to make a purchase at Walmart.

APD followed up with the Walmart, according to those documents, and found that Armstrong had purchased a new phone and a prepaid debit card.

I wonder if KA was dumb enough to have her phone on her person when she entered the home to kill Mo, or if she was smart enough to leave it behind so that it wouldn’t track her?

Edit: I didn’t realize APD had taken physical custody of her phone before reading that information today.

I wonder if KA was dumb enough to have her phone on her person when she entered the home to kill Mo, or if she was smart enough to leave it behind so that it wouldn’t track her?

Edit: I didn’t realize APD had taken physical custody of her phone before reading that information today.
KA would have still had her phone at that time. APD took her phone after the murder.

Don’t know if she thought about the tracking, but maybe as she was aware of their tracking on Strava. Wasn’t she also on that app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879