TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe not every expense but a phone and a debit card could be a significant dollar amount, generating the alert.

JMO

I get an alert from our bank when i make a purchase or my husband does, on our joint bank account, even if it is for a small amount, all purchases trigger an alert.

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve always wondered what they found on it in terms of texts, searches, tracking, etc. Her attorney will know when he gets the full discovery.
I hope that they are able to get into it quickly if KA wasn’t willing to give up the code. There was case here a few years ago where we had a terrorist shooting. The shooter was killed and his phone was retrieved, but Apple first refused to open it for the government siting privacy reasons. The FBI had to get involved and it was finally unlocked, but it took awhile. I wonder if Apple has changed their policy.

I dont know nor have i seen or read anything indicating that--I'm just agreeing with the notion that those texts from him could have really set her off!

IIRC, in the timeline that LE provided, the lying text from CS about the flowers delivered to their friend was sent 1 minute from when KS's car was seen near the apartment where KS was staying. If this timeline remains as the definitive one during the trial as submitted by the prosecution, this will no doubt be part of the sudden passion defense.

IIRC, in the timeline that LE provided, the lying text from CS about the flowers delivered to their friend was sent 1 minute from when KS's car was seen near the apartment where KS was staying. If this timeline remains as the definitive one during the trial as submitted by the prosecution, this will no doubt be part of the sudden passion defense.
You are correct about the 1 minute time lapse when he dropped Mo off and pulled his bike over to send the lying flower text. And you could be absolutely spot about using that text as a sudden passion defense.

Hi; long-time reader / first-time poster here (just joined so I could post this and...yes so I could open those dang attachments!). Just want to say first and foremost that I am impressed with the thoughtful level of commentary and idea-sharing on this site, as well as the respect for victims, their families, and the additional rules that set Websleuths apart imho.

Speaking of, for the time I've been reading / following, I believe I understand the rules re: NOT sleuthing Significant Others, especially when they are NOT currently named as a suspect...but ever since the initial affidavit came out, I have not been able to get past this one thing: CS's texts - and since they're in the affidavit, and widely reported in MSM, hopefully I can comment on them here. And, as I'm new, I fully understand that Mods may need to edit and or remove these comments...hope I haven't crossed any lines here.

I have never been able to get past this first (and the subsequent two but primarily this first) text that CS told LE he'd sent to KA the night of May 11th: "Hey! Are you out? I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her son's house up north and my phone died. Heading home unless you have another food suggestion."

First, LE (and the media imho have dismissed this text as not relevant) had no need to 'check out' the veracity of this statement (is there an "Alison?" If so, where is the son's house?; etc.) because he'd already told them he'd lied so that KA wouldn't learn he'd gone swimming then to grab a bite w/MW. But he had to let LE know the whole statement of the text...because they'd taken his phone to get a look at all...hence, he couldn't misrepresent to LE what the text(s) said. But here's where it gives me (great!) pause: IF this message was truly intended to lie (!) to KA about where he'd been...then why wouldn't he have said something - anything - that COULDN'T BE DISPROVED? In other words...IS there a mutual friend named Alison? And does Alison have a son somewhere 'up north' at whose house CS 'dropped some flowers?' All could be checked if real, right? Why not something like "Hey...are you still out? I took the bike for a ride up north...got a flat...no cell service up there...had to wait for a good samaritan to finally stop and give me a lift back to civilization..." etc. Can't be checked...! The other part : "..and my phone died. Heading home..." -- so if your phone died while driving "up north" and you've stopped on the way home to text...how did it get recharged?? While you were at Alison's son's house? Somehow on the motorcycle when you realized / plugged it in and now stopped -- before getting home -- to text??

I am also bothered by the second (7 minutes after the first) text, and third one that evening sent by CS; but I'll stop here, hoping that I haven't posted anything that breaks the rules!! All MOO of course...

Hi; long-time reader / first-time poster here (just joined so I could post this and...yes so I could open those dang attachments!). Just want to say first and foremost that I am impressed with the thoughtful level of commentary and idea-sharing on this site, as well as the respect for victims, their families, and the additional rules that set Websleuths apart imho.

Speaking of, for the time I've been reading / following, I believe I understand the rules re: NOT sleuthing Significant Others, especially when they are NOT currently named as a suspect...but ever since the initial affidavit came out, I have not been able to get past this one thing: CS's texts - and since they're in the affidavit, and widely reported in MSM, hopefully I can comment on them here. And, as I'm new, I fully understand that Mods may need to edit and or remove these comments...hope I haven't crossed any lines here.

I have never been able to get past this first (and the subsequent two but primarily this first) text that CS told LE he'd sent to KA the night of May 11th: "Hey! Are you out? I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her son's house up north and my phone died. Heading home unless you have another food suggestion."

First, LE (and the media imho have dismissed this text as not relevant) had no need to 'check out' the veracity of this statement (is there an "Alison?" If so, where is the son's house?; etc.) because he'd already told them he'd lied so that KA wouldn't learn he'd gone swimming then to grab a bite w/MW. But he had to let LE know the whole statement of the text...because they'd taken his phone to get a look at all...hence, he couldn't misrepresent to LE what the text(s) said. But here's where it gives me (great!) pause: IF this message was truly intended to lie (!) to KA about where he'd been...then why wouldn't he have said something - anything - that COULDN'T BE DISPROVED? In other words...IS there a mutual friend named Alison? And does Alison have a son somewhere 'up north' at whose house CS 'dropped some flowers?' All could be checked if real, right? Why not something like "Hey...are you still out? I took the bike for a ride up north...got a flat...no cell service up there...had to wait for a good samaritan to finally stop and give me a lift back to civilization..." etc. Can't be checked...! The other part : "..and my phone died. Heading home..." -- so if your phone died while driving "up north" and you've stopped on the way home to text...how did it get recharged?? While you were at Alison's son's house? Somehow on the motorcycle when you realized / plugged it in and now stopped -- before getting home -- to text??

I am also bothered by the second (7 minutes after the first) text, and third one that evening sent by CS; but I'll stop here, hoping that I haven't posted anything that breaks the rules!! All MOO of course...
I agree 100%!

And yes, what WAS written in those other texts to KA?

Did she miss a paid/volunteer shift or what? Otherwise, why would he take so much interest in her disappearing? I just find that odd. He barely knew her. But she apparently made assertive efforts at getting volunteer or paid work there. I don't think any MSM reports have said which (or both) just that she was on their yoga schedule & manning reception sometimes.

I wonder how low her funds were at the time of her arrest in CR?

JMO
Maybe he had no vacancies and someone needed the bed? It might be the kind of hostel where the hostelers know each other and hang out together.

Last edited:
Well here’s an article about Apple not opening iPhones for law enforcement. Doesn’t mean LE can’t get information from the provider though - like cell tower info to also pinpoint KA in the vicinity of the murder.

Welcome!

And good points regarding the texts and phone being “dead”.

Awesome 1st post!

I had wondered wondered the same thing. Where the heck did he charge his phone? As to Alison & her son, I think we may find out that he lies so much, it's impossible to sort out the truth. Just a hunch.
JMO

Maybe he had no vacancies and someone needed the bed? It might be the kind of hostel where the hostelers know each other and hang out together.
That article linked earlier says the owner “rang her a few times”. That means she had a phone I guess? Wondering if it was the same phone she bought at Apple before she fled Texas.

I know, I know, I’m stuck on the subject of the phone lol. I just know how they track you and leave a digital trail.

Has KA hired two law firms? The last page of the Request for Discovery says “submitted by“ Cofer, but shows Naomi Howard as “Of Counsel”.

Naomi Howard’s LinkedIn says “Constitutional Defense Attorney”

Naomi Howard's name first surfaced after the 5/25/22 federal charges (unlawful flight to avoid prosecution), recently dismissed without prejudice. No surprise that Cofer is lead counsel with others to be noticed on proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vliegtuig