TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, she should not get bail and be released.

She has already shown she is a serious flight right, someone who calculated and effected a significant flight from prosecution.

Perhaps if the deal is if she gets bail on the State of Texas charge of Murder 1, the Feds can re-file the passport charges and keep her incarcerated somewhere else
This is how I thought it was going to go down. If TX releases her on bond, the US can just lock her back up.

True, but even looks-wise, Mo outshined Kaitlyn - easily. So why are there so few photos of Mo, and so many, of Kaitlin?
Respectfully, KA is the bigger story at the moment, because of the drastic steps she took to avoid capture after she murdered MW, and her story is changing daily, moving MW's story to the back burner temporarily.

Last edited:
True, but even looks-wise, Mo outshined Kaitlyn - easily. So why are there so few photos of Mo, and so many, of Kaitlin?
Comparative looks tend to be in the eyes of the beholder, so I'm not sure putting weight on how one looks versus the other is a helpful investigative mode.

I, for one, don't find either anything special.

However, I also think how a person appears is central to this case, because KA has made it so with her metamorphosis. But to me, this isn't about attractive qualities, it's about psychology.

A lot of the focus on here, IMO, has been on looks as a "tell" about KA as a person. It's also true that KA has put looks in the center of the case by getting a nose job (and whatever else). So, in this case, I don't think looks are incidental (as they are in most cases). However, like you I think the victim easily gets lost in the discussion.

LOL, the only thing we don't have is the name of her plastic surgeon in Colombia, it would be such an advertisement for him/her!

To me, the article pinned today, with the story of the person who went to a Bali retreat with Kaitlin, is more telling. Think of it. These are people who are into natural treatment and meditation. If they thought that Kaitlin's hysterical reaction to food allergy was extreme and tried to stay away from her after that... you know what it means.

Given this, I wonder what CS was observing in his daily life. Maybe he was not too intuitive, so certain character traits he either missed, or merely got used to them. (Not bashing him at all, not even close, just wondering why he stayed with KA for so long. I heard everything, "inertia", "financial guru", but never, "love").

I also can't but compare the community's reaction to Chris Watts murdering his family to KA murdering Mo. Long ago, on the internet there were attempts to discuss SW, or their financial circumstances, and the answer was one, and very true: "divorce is not illegal in the US". Here, not on WS, but the Internet is huge, i constantly stumble upon criticism of Mo or CS, and it is very seldom that someone says, "sorry, breaking up a relationship if someone lies to you is totally legal. Murder is not".

Most of posters and people interested in this case are women, and we all had our CS-es in life. But, we left, didn't we? We did not shoot anyone on the way. (And do the rivals deserve taking another person's life, spoiling own karma and spending years behind bars? No, if anything, they deserve getting one's lying and cheating partner, because he won't change).

I’m linking an older news story because I’m confused about the time they state the shooting occurred. How do they know it happened at this exact time? Does anyone know if this article is accurate? Because if it is - that’s a big amount of time between KA’s Jeep being seen passing by and the shooting.

I must say that the fellow yogateer who commented on KA's "over-reaction" to an allergy in Bali seems pretty unkind, IMO. She did have a reaction which caused a rash, and I can imagine that could cause plenty of people to panic.

I’m linking an older news story because I’m confused about the time they state the shooting occurred. How do they know it happened at this exact time? Does anyone know if this article is accurate? Because if it is - that’s a big amount of time between KA’s Jeep being seen passing by and the shooting.

I thought that was the time the roommate came home and found her bleeding and unconscious. About 90 minutes after the shooting….

I thought that was the time the roommate came home and found her bleeding and unconscious. About 90 minutes after the shooting….
OK thanks for clarifying. I didn’t follow this case closely from the very beginning and panicked for a moment thinking Mo was tortured inside with KA for that long.

If true (and I hadn’t put that timing together before), what additional heartbreak. Ninety minutes in which, conceivably, MW might have been saved if someone, anyone, had heard the gunshots. It was tragedy enough without knowing that. Her family must be in anguish.

We were shown only one view, from one camera. Maybe there was another one, and it showed Mo getting into the house, and CS’s bike taking off? Remember the video from CW’s neighbor’s camera? It never emerged during the official case; much later. There could be some texts from MO’s phone indicating she was alive after CS left.

I must say that the fellow yogateer who commented on KA's "over-reaction" to an allergy in Bali seems pretty unkind, IMO. She did have a reaction which caused a rash, and I can imagine that could cause plenty of people to panic.
Especially in a place where you're not used to the food. You'd have no idea if a reaction that looked minor might turn into something major, because you haven't had any prior experience with the ingredients.

I’m pro-incarnation if somebody has committed a crime. I also believe there should be programs within the prison system that can help inmates overcome whatever led them to doing a crime, so they can be rehabilitated. I do realize that some people just aren’t able to be rehabilitated however.

I can’t imagine a life in jail or prison. I’m a law and rule follower, but the thought of being in a cage with my freedoms, choices, loved ones and pets taken away alone make me wonder why anyone would break the law!

I can’t imagine not ever hugging and loving on my pets, being with my friends and family, doing my hobbies, gardening, cuddling up in a blanket with a book and a cup of tea, seeing the leaves change in the fall, traveling, going to the beach, eating at my favorite restaurant, playing music, waterskiing - the list goes on.

Jail seems like pure hell! The psychological effects alone —- oyyyyy

I think the laws are very harsh on some users, homeless, alcoholics, whose life as difficult as it is. But taking the life away, be it a human or an animal…it is very different, vile and mean.
There are situations when it is allowable. Even Jains, the kindest religion on earth, think a battle, or protecting own life/lives of house members, allows killing. But just coming to someone’s house with a gun and killing a person who in no way threatens you, just is interested in your guy, who (as it seems to me) gives too many indications of not loving you, is a true crime.

I don’t think that the Sun’s source, be it he or she, was unkind. If you re-read it from the beginning, that person sounds compassionate about KA’s circumstances. The situation with the rash I view differently - there is a hint at something, and I wonder if I reconstruct it exactly like the source wants the readers to do it, or making too much out of it. First, there is some additional information. Not that KA has rash after dinner, but after dinner, 7 of them went to one man’s bungalo, and there, KA suddenly had a hysterical reaction over minimal rash. And the ones present helped her, gave her antihistamine, but “we understood what was happening”. How does it sound to you? Maybe I am over-interpreting it, but there is additional information in the article, and I think it is a hint. I even wonder if the source of the story was a man, because he/she kept distance from her till the end of the course.

I might be seeing too much in it, but I grew up on detectives based on over-interpretation of details, so, sorry if I am seeing too much in it.

Especially in a place where you're not used to the food. You'd have no idea if a reaction that looked minor might turn into something major, because you haven't had any prior experience with the ingredients.
Exactly. Allergic reactions can be very very scary and can induce panic. Add to the fact that she was in a foreign land around people she didn’t know very well. I think I would have been more sympathetic; especially since KA seemed to have gone to the retreat for self help and growth and wasn’t a problem maker before or after the incident.

Again - note to self — the next time I have a food allergy …be sure to stay calm so not to alarm or repel others.

My guess was he had tried to hit on her, and she wasn't interested or blew him off, so that is why he's talking junk about her now. JMO

Again - note to self — the next time I have a food allergy …be sure to stay calm so not to alarm or repel others.
I think @SteveP is correct: She probably rejected this guy’s advances, and that’s why he’s saying all this. It’s not normal to react that way to someone’s panic over a sudden rash and feeling strange after eating foreign food. It’s scary, and normally people show concern and compassion.

I promise you, if I’m ever in a foreign country with you and you panic over an allergic reaction to food, I won’t distance myself from you. :p

I think @SteveP is correct: She probably rejected this guy’s advances, and that’s why he’s saying all this. It’s not normal to react that way to someone’s panic over a sudden rash and feeling strange after eating foreign food. It’s scary, and normally people show concern and compassion.

I promise you, if I’m ever in a foreign country with you and you panic over an allergic reaction to food, I won’t distance myself from you. :p
And I promise the same to you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member