GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 59s

Linda Diaz, Jaime Padron's sister, now is on the stand.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 4s
Linda, with voice cracking, says her brother joined service at 17. "He gave over 21 years, more than half his life to serving the public"

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1m
Much like Johnny Padron did in the guilt/innocence phase, Linda Diaz starts by talking of Jaime's military service.

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
Linda Diaz, Jaime Padron's sister, now is on the stand.

Much like Johnny Padron did in the guilt/innocence phase, Linda Diaz starts by talking of Jaime's military service.

Linda, with voice cracking, says her brother joined service at 17. "He gave over 21 years, more than half his life to serving the public"

"He was a very honorable man of integrity and commitment." - Linda Diaz.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 11s
Diaz' voice gets shaky has she describes her brother's life of public service. Says #JaimePadron was an honorable man of commitment.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m
State calls Linda Diaz to testify. She is #JaimePadron's sister.

Diaz tells the story of Jaime responding to a house fire. He and another rookie officer went into house to save 2 children

When his partner got stuck, Padron broke a window to pull his partner out of the house. Partner credited Padron with saving his life.

"His daughters are missing out on the tremendous daddy they could have had. He was very caring and very loving."

Diaz steps down with no cross-examination. The state rests their case for the punishment phase.

Court has been recessed for the day. We will be back at 9am as the defense begins their case.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 1m

Diaz recalls time #JaimePadron pulled another officer out of a burning house. Said he left great impact on entire family.

Court is now in recess for the day, back tomorrow at 9am CST (10am EST, 8am MST, 7am PST)

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 1m
Diaz calls testimony horrifying and unbearable for #JaimePadron family.

Thanks guys for watching together and posting the tweets throughout the day. :seeya: :thanks:

Wow that was rough hearing the raw pain in Jaime's sister's voice. After she left the stand BD taps his attorney to say something. IMO no sweat off his brow about what he has done and caused.

State rests, Daniel's defense begins Wednesday

The defense argues Daniel has addiction problems and life in prison is a punishment for a 26-year-old.

You can watch the testimony on our live stream at www.myfoxaustin.com when testimony continues Wednesday.

The defense is expected to spend two days calling witnesses. Among the witnesses may be Daniel's family members and his ex-girlfriend along with addiction experts.

Read more: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24...k-alcohol-before-austin-slaying#ixzz2uRIu8kS6

You were up early Softail.

Yeah. My pup thought it would be fun to wake me up at about 3:30. Finally got up about 4, cuz I couldn't go back to sleep. She is so sweet, to want me up so I can play with her. :rolleyes: :)
Of course she is sleeping now. :waitasec:

Today, defense begins their case to spare Brandon Daniel the death penalty. I'd expect friends, family, and psychologists over next few days

Good Morning guys!

Is it 9:30am central that court begins today? I see the defense attorneys are already in court.

I don't know if I can last thru two days of people trying to elicit sympathy for this defendant.

Yeah. My pup thought it would be fun to wake me up at about 3:30. Finally got up about 4, cuz I couldn't go back to sleep. She is so sweet, to want me up so I can play with her. :rolleyes: :)
Of course she is sleeping now. :waitasec:

Today, defense begins their case to spare Brandon Daniel the death penalty. I'd expect friends, family, and psychologists over next few days

Sounds exactly like my cat, he loves to wake me up between 3-4am, just to know I'm still alive I suppose, since he immediately goes back to sleep afterwards.

What kind animals we have. :lol:

Sounds exactly like my cat, he loves to wake me up between 3-4am, just to know I'm still alive I suppose, since he immediately goes back to sleep afterwards.

What kind animals we have. :lol:

:lol: Good to know I'm not alone. I find it especially funny because the vet told me yesterday that she will be a bit drowsy for the next 48 hrs. I said, "Yeah, right". :giggle:

9AM Cukoo - Seems they are late again.

I do not believe in the death penalty...BUT would sure like to see him suffer more than life in prison..how can his family continue to stand by him?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

We are live. The judge just came in, as well as the defendant.

:judge:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macattack