GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
alex villarreal ‏@alexonFOX7 23m
Sister of #BrandonDaniel crying quietly as @Austin_Police officers hug one another inside courtroom

Was anyone with her tonight? Feel so badly for her.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 6m
Assistant DA Gary Cobb tells media "this murder was shock to community" & thanks jurors for coming to hard decision. pic.twitter.com/JsRvTGUJGS

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 12m
#JaimePadron's sister tells media her brother did not die in vain. pic.twitter.com/a09MYgPomD

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 14m
#JaimePadron's older brother says "there are no winners in this thing." Gets emotional says justice was served. pic.twitter.com/mGDYEnC8en

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 16m
#APD chief @ArtAcevedo speaking to media on behalf of #JaimePadron's father who earlier today was taken away on stretcher.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 15m
Johnny Padron: "There are no winners in this thing."

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 16m
Chief says they aren't here to celebrate but he is relieved justice was served.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 17m
Chief Art Acevedo with Padron family. "Jaime, we are not going to forget your daughters or your family." pic.twitter.com/A7kZlWO9SB

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 30m
9 days of testimony, 8 hours of deliberations, and nearly 1000 tweets later...... this case is adjourned.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m
Defense says defending a cop killer is difficult. Both still believe #BrandonDaniel was remorseful. pic.twitter.com/gD54hUlKYq

Sister of #BrandonDaniel crying quietly as @Austin_Police officers hug one another inside courtroom

I feel bad for her as well.
it appeared one of the attorneys (Brad) had his gf/fiancee sit next to her, but you could tell they didn't even really know each other.

Penalty Phase Verdict (Fast Forward to 22:00): Penalty Phase Verdict

Penalty Phase, Victim Impact Statements:
[video=youtube;17QxzI9Ob9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17QxzI9Ob9o&list=UU8iigZOg6PyK8CJQTvWO_ag&feature=c4-overview[/video]

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
Padron's father had to be taken to a hospital earlier in the day. Just heard Johnny say he is doing better.

That is good news. :)

Where is Softail???

I fell asleep! :tantrum: :doh:

I PM'd her.

:tyou: :yourock:

:waiting: Anyone else get the feeling the judge is waiting for Softail to log on before she enters the courtroom??? ;)

:giggle: They could have called me! :doh:

I do too. :(

Thanks for all of the updates I slept through. Watching the victim impact statements now. Bawling like a baby. :cry:

This jury did the right thing. There is no question who committed this assassination. :gavel:

OMG! Amy Padron is breaking my heart. :(

It really says something when your EX doesn't even have anything bad to say about you. She has NEVER to my knowledge had anything bad to say about Jaime.

Daniel sentenced to death in Officer Padron slaying

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Brandon Daniel was sentenced to death by lethal injection late Friday for the killing of Austin Police Officer Jaime Padron.

The sentence was handed down at 11:23 p.m. after more than eight hours of deliberations and nine days of testimony.

“You are a coward and I hope you rot in hell,” Johnny Padron, Jaime’s older brother, said in a brief statement to Daniel following the sentence.

Amy Padron, Jaime’s ex-wife, also took the stand after the sentence was handed down, giving an emotion-packed speech where she read letters from her 8 and 12-year-old daughters.

“You made me cry,” one of the letters read. “Now it is your time to cry in prison for the rest of your life.”

http://kxan.com/2014/02/24/sentencing-phase-begins-for-brandon-daniel/

So glad I stayed up for the verdict.

Meant to ask last night. Was BD's mother ever in the courtroom? I never saw her, but heard the recorded phone calls between BD and his mother and she sounded like a real piece of work!:twocents:

So glad I stayed up for the verdict.

Meant to ask last night. Was BD's mother ever in the courtroom? I never say her, but heard the recorded phone calls between BD and his mother and she sounded like a real piece of work!:twocents:

No. She never showed up. Chris Sadeghi (reporter) said that she probably didn't show up, because of the way the defense portrayed her. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the wonderful posts. I was out of town all week and missed the entire penalty phase. I spent all day today watching all the video I could. Because of your comments, I was able to zero in on the key witnesses. I'm in closing arguments now.

I am so pleased that there is a jury that can vote unanimously for death. Had he gotten life, BD would have enjoyed playing his games till the day he died.

Right now, my heart is with the family and friends of Jaime Padron and my prayers go out to them all as well.

:eek: :hills: His new mugshot at the link below is downright scary!

Brandon Daniel transferred to Death Row

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A week to the day that a jury sentenced Brandon Daniel to death by lethal injection for the April 2012 killing of Senior Austin Police Officer Jaime Padron, officials transferred him to Death Row.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice officials confirmed Daniel is in the Polunsky Prison in Polk County, Texas, after authorities transferred him on Friday

http://kxan.com/2014/03/11/brandon-daniel-transferred-to-death-row/

:eek: :hills: His new mugshot at the link below is downright scary!

Brandon Daniel transferred to Death Row

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A week to the day that a jury sentenced Brandon Daniel to death by lethal injection for the April 2012 killing of Senior Austin Police Officer Jaime Padron, officials transferred him to Death Row.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice officials confirmed Daniel is in the Polunsky Prison in Polk County, Texas, after authorities transferred him on Friday

http://kxan.com/2014/03/11/brandon-daniel-transferred-to-death-row/
Indeed! Do shave the head of all men before prison?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macattack
Back