Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Still wondering why AR and VG would be texting about a weapon serial number. Any ideas?

My uneducated guess is maybe he texted it to his phone to make some sort of alibi? Depends on the time.

Or is.it possible it's been done before sometimes we take little shortcuts when it comes to the rules without an attempt to be nefarious.

Say, this individual is right in line with the Duggars' denominational teaching about sexual assault:

Chilling Proof That the Duggars' Homeschool Program Blames Victims for Sexual Assault

This is 2020. We're 1/5th of the way through The New Millenium.

Dear God, how do people accept this???

Not just an officer, a female officer.

Her employer's statement makes this even worse -- if that's possible. Taxpayer funded University of Wisconsin apparently considers supporting criminal sexual assault to be a First Amendment right:

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee released a statement

I did share our concern with RAINN:

RAINN | The nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization

JMHO YMMV LRR

Edited to add the University's strange claim, and RAINN's address.

I hate to say this, because it's been awhile since I was active duty, but some officers have little respect for enlisted personnel's moral character. Sort of like pre civil war when slave 'owners' had no respect for the personal body of the slaves. (I'm not agreeing, I'm explaining.) The slave owners didn't consider the slaves as 'humans' and treated them like (sorry) *advertiser censored*. So, many officers don't think highly of or have respect for enlisted personnel, considering them too inferior to have morals. (Did I explain this clearly?)
I don't want to get deleted for speaking what I understood as the truth.
Male enlisted, in particular, usually seemed to believe females were there for one reason only. (You don't get a prize for guessing correctly the first time.) I hated the way I was treated on base by a lot of the other units when I got to my first permanent party assignment. I had to take a guy with me to the mess hall.
Any questions?

And there you have it.

I don't doubt that this kind of attitude is still common in the military. What may be sexual harrassment to one woman may be considered normal to another. There must be clear guidelines in the military about what constitutes sexual harassment, aren't there?

This woman and others like her are just part of the problem. Women need to feel safe and confident that their complaints will be taken seriously, without the fear of retaliation.

According to her mother, Vanessa made the first necessary step before reporting someone for harrassment. She let him know his behavior was unwelcome and inappropriate.

For all we know maybe she did discuss his behavior with one of her superiors but never had the chance to file an official report.

I hate to say this, because it's been awhile since I was active duty, but some officers have little respect for enlisted personnel's moral character. Sort of like pre civil war when slave 'owners' had no respect for the personal body of the slaves. (I'm not agreeing, I'm explaining.) The slave owners didn't consider the slaves as 'humans' and treated them like (sorry about this) *advertiser censored*. So, many officers don't think highly of or have respect for enlisted personnel, considering them too inferior to have morals. (Did I explain this clearly?)
I don't want to get deleted for speaking what I understood as the truth.
Male enlisted, in particular, usually seemed to believe females were there for one reason only. (You don't get a prize for guessing correctly the first time.) I hated the way I was treated on base by a lot of the other units when I got to my first permanent party assignment. I had to take a guy with me to the mess hall.
Any questions?

In your experienced opinion, do most new women military recruits get harassed / raped?
How many actually report this?
If they do report, what happens to them?

My personal experience, as a male, while serving at Fort Hood is that females who make reports are singled out as trouble makers. There was a female E4 who filed a report against a male E5 for sexual harassment and word quickly spread around the unit and I remember being told to stay away from her or I would be reported next.

So her unit did not support her and your unit is not just your coworkers but more of a family. These are the people you see every day, if you are in the barracks these are your neighbors, these are most likely the people you go out with on weekends, these are the people you deploy with. Its like being disowned by your family.

In your experienced opinion, do most new women military recruits get harassed / raped?
How many actually report this?
If they do report, what happens to them?
I did not report my rape until months later, in another duty station, when I discovered the same guy had also raped at least five other females in eighteen months during which I was there for nine of those months. ( I found out when someone told me he knew of five other females this man had raped.) When I did report him to CID, the agent in charge chose to not believe me. It was more humiliating than being raped by the creep. (I knew the guy that raped me and considered myself fortunate he didn't kill me.)

100 to 1 he made advances, she refused, he raped her, knew that was the end for him so he went for broke and opted for concealment.
I agree, because that's the most common scenario, I see it over and over again: young women out jogging or hiking, young women staying alone in hotels, young women on first dates, young women getting into men's cars, young women interviewing a man onboard a submarine...

Attractive young woman in isolated location. To some individuals, this appears to be an opportunity to act out their extreme sexual sadism. Regardless of what anyone says, we don't really know why. Perhaps it's an extreme version of sexual harassment, but perhaps not. It's certainly not sanctioned by any element in society, yet it happens anyway.

I hope LE will have more evidence about AR, to help people understand the actual circumstances. Like an online history of sexual sadism, a past history of approaching and rejection by attractive women, and so forth. MOO

This article says AR requested VG
deliver some weapon paperwork.
Timeline: What to know about missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen

Thanks. Does that agree with his MOS Combat Engineer - 12B? Why is he working in an arms room?

Combat Engineer (12B)

JOB DUTIES
  • Construct fighting positions, fixed/floating bridges, obstacles and defensive positions
  • Place and detonate explosives
  • Conduct operations that include route clearance of obstacles and rivers
  • Prepare and install firing systems for demolition and explosives
  • Detect mines visually or with mine detectors

That's how I've interpreted it.

Thank you. I stayed with this thread until it got to be too much for me, being reminded all the time of what I went through. I wasn't handling all the stress very well, and the last two weeks I wasn't here very often.
All of you that stayed with it, congratulations for sticking it out and for all your efforts. I know many people appreciate a lot of what many of you achieved.

I hope Abby's and Libby's thread gets some positive results soon, as well as Cassandra Pizzi's, who isn't getting much attention at all, and Sabrina Aisenberg, whose parents have been waiting almost 23 years for word on their baby.

Hard at work and working hard, is a sleuth's job ever done?

Thanks. Does that agree with his MOS Combat Engineer - 12B? Why is he working in an arms room?

Combat Engineer (12B)

JOB DUTIES
  • Construct fighting positions, fixed/floating bridges, obstacles and defensive positions

Most likely he was "filling in" at the armory. Which could be for a variety of reasons.

JMO

Combat Engineer (12B)

JOB DUTIES
There are additional duties required of soldiers outside of their MOS, such as being the unit's SHARP representative, or the unit armorer (in AR's case).

Soldiers who volunteer for, or are selected for, these additional duties are sent to special courses (like the unit armorer's course) to be trained on how to fill the role for the additional duty.

I did not report my rape until months later, in another duty station, when I discovered the same guy had also raped at least five other females in eighteen months during which I was there for nine of those months. ( I found out when someone told me he knew of five other females this man had raped.) When I did report him to CID, the agent in charge chose to not believe me. It was more humiliating than being raped by the creep. (I knew the guy that raped me and considered myself fortunate he didn't kill me.)

I am so sorry you had to go through this.
First, you were betrayed by a fellow soldier and then by the military CID when you attempted to report it.
Sickening.

I wanted to ask if, in your opinion, sexual harassment and rape of women soldiers is 'par for the course' in military culture?
Does it depend on where you are stationed?

Linked July 4, 2020 local MSM makes the incident more clear. The post was not from Lt. Col BS's personal fb. Actually, I think it's worse that she shared this sentiment with her Veteran friends!

According to multiple screenshots from a private Facebook group called Veteran Humor, Schoeller responded to an article about Guillen's killing with a comment saying: "You guys are kidding, right? Sexual harassment is the price of admission for women into the good ole boy club. If you're gonna cry like a snowflake about it, you're gonna pay the price."

UWM lecturer Betsy Schoeller blasted for Vanessa Guillen post

Last edited:
But, the news reports say she was killed in her own armory. He had to have gone to her. (apparently after she was seen in the parking lot?) Did I read the report incorrectly?
Robinson called her to the armory room that was under his control, which was in a different building.

She could not have been seen in the parking lot at 1:00, since she had likely already been dead for three hours.

He would not have been able to kill her in her own armory, since it was supervised by someone else. That person noticed that Vanessa had left her keys and military ID behind when he locked up.

Imo

Combat Engineer (12B)

JOB DUTIES
The answer lays with the Master Sgt. of the unit.
He/she would need to authorize reallocation, maybe the XO would need to sign off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn