Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Seattle1 - it's been about a week since I last asked you about the next hearing. Anything "new" about next hearing in the court site?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

@Seattle1 - it's been about a week since I last asked you about the next hearing. Anything "new" about next hearing in the court site?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
Here you go -- only one entry #23 since last report.

U.S. District Court [LIVE]
Western District of Texas (Waco)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 6:20-cr-00097-ADA All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Aguilar
Magistrate judge case number: 6:20-mj-00141-JCM

Date Filed: 07/14/2020

Date Filed # Docket Text

07/27/2020
MOTION FOR ORDER PROHIBITING PREJUDICIAL EXTRAJUDICIAL STATEMENTS by Cecily Ann Aguilar. (Attachments: # 1 Sealed Document Exhibit 1)(Gainor, Lewis) (Entered: 07/27/2020)

Aguilar attorney files motion for gag order in Guillen case

July 30, 2020

The attorney for a Killeen woman charged in the death case of Fort Hood Spc. Vanessa Guillen is asking a federal judge to impose a gag order in the case.

The case of Guillen has transfixed a local, national and international audience since the young Fort Hood soldier was reported missing earlier this year, her remains found last month in a remote area near Belton.
[.....]
Aguilar’s attorney, Lewis Berray Gainor, supervisory assistant federal public defender, said in his motion that the gag order should be imposed because the statements made by the family and their attorney, Natalie Khawam, could poison the jury pool and prevent Aguilar from receiving a fair trial.

The 14-page motion was filed on July 27. If granted by a judge, “trial participants, including the parties, witnesses, victim’s family and their attorneys” would be barred from “public communication.”

As of Thursday, no hearings have been set on United States Magistrate Judge Jeffrey Manske’s calendar in Aguilar’s case.

Their method of collecting information is stupid.
Putin is elected in a landslide every election for the same reason.
No one in the Amy believes their surveys are actually anonymous, and in reality they aren't.
It's really simple, enforce the rules, implement standard EEOC, provide an example and demote some high ranking offenders publicly.

Exactly. Standard EEOC needs to be implemented-it should be no different than the civilian/private sector. With so many young enlisted getting out after one contract (rather than serve a full career), they could reenter the civilian workforce already accustomed to EEOC protocol-and ultimately struggle less with transitioning back into civilian life. There is poor leadership in both sectors, but EEOC should carry its heavy weight equally.

Since I've been out, I've had work experiences where prior service employees are either really squared away [they served under good leadership] OR they need constant performance management because their previous military workspace/leadership had a culture of unprofessionalism and misconduct. Where's the consistency? Sure, everyone unit has their annual sexual harassment power point brief; but where's the enforcement/follow up, and therefore accountability? ....Too many lifers with power over junior enlisted who wouldn't stand a chance with their misconduct and unprofessionalism in the "real" [civilian] world...hope I didn't ramble too much friends...

Army ready to begin broad review at Fort Hood in wake of Guillen murder

The thing about harrassment targets being afraid due to retaliation is half true.
They also just fear changing everything, its a fight they try to avoid, like anyone.
Harrassers are not just 1:1 dangerous, but they are also enforcing what they believe is their exclusive right of membership to the group and acting on that principle by driving women or others out.

The family lawyer told The president of United States that VG did not file a complaint against Aaron Robinson or anyone else for any harassment:

HE PRESIDENT: So did she report anything at all?

MS. KHAWAM: She reported it to her family and friends and some of the soldiers. She didn’t do a formal report.

THE PRESIDENT: Not to the fort, not to the people.

MS. KHAWAM: Right. Not to the command, her bosses, who are also above her, who she’s saying that were sexually harassing her.

Can People please stop pretending that the army knew about Aaron Robinson BEFORE he murdered poor VG and covered up his bad behavior?

I worry that the family of Ms. Guillen will never really get the justice they deserve. Her killer (most likely, the only person who killed her) is dead. His accomplice appears to be talking and will most likely get some sort of deal despite the heinous acts she committed, the lies she told and repeated acts to hide their actions. It appears that the issues present at Fort Hood will remain because even though there is talk of transparency little seems to have changed. The recent finding of Mr. Wedel-Morales in a shallow grave but the army refusing to change is classification from AWOL without proof of death 10 months ago and causing the grieving family to pay for his funeral until all of their conditions proven indicates that the Guillen family and others are treated with disrespect consistently. Too many soldiers are harmed at this base. It is almost laughable that the 2 star even expects that people will come forward. You can have policies and procedures but if you cultivate a fear that reporting will lead to retaliation people will not make complaints. The most poignant thing I have read is that Ms. Guillen's mother was willing to call and report the actions of those who were harassing her daughter. She wanted to protect her daughter. I know the Army would never have listened to her but it is clear she trusted her daughter's words and wanted to keep her safe.

I have such sadness for the Guillen family. I also have sadness that the soldiers who are willing to fight and die for this country have to keep quiet and/or live in fear from their own. There are numerous lists of many soldiers who have died at or near this base, with a fair amount listed as COD unknown to the compilers but a number of homicides. How hard can this be to fix?
What is “the justice they deserve”?

This makes so much sense to me: in civilian life, especially big cities, it's all strangers mixing together, there's a lot of theft and robbery, traffic crashes, etc, and the perps can run away and hide. That's why so many people have installed cameras. But crime is, I'm sure, very low on a military base, just through the nature of how an army is run. To begin with, strangers aren't allowed in, or allowed to wander around. No one has much privacy, everyone has to follow very strict rules, people all know who you are and where you were most of the time.

I think the suspect was the kind of sexually violent predator that seems to appear on occasion. IMO VG, was, unfortunately, appealing to him as an object in some kind of sexual, violent, fantasy. IMO, the whole aspect of the alleged sexual harassment is irrelevant to what happened, it was just something the family had heard from VG, so in the absence of any other information, they created a whole theory around it.
Agreed

I am a well-known dope. Please explain to me in simple terms :

1. On April 22, Poor VG was suddenly murdered by a 2o year old fellow soldier.

How, specifically, prior to April 22, did the Army fail VG?

2. VG’s murderer was a black man.

How, specifically, does this murder illustrate that the Army is racist against Latinas?

Thank you.

What is “the justice they deserve”?
For those responsible for her murder, mutilation and the disposal of her body to be tried, convicted and punished. Her murderer will never face the consequences for his crimes because he took his own life. Hopefully Agulair will be found guilty and will receive the maximum sentence. The family also deserves to know exactly what happened to their daughter. They may never learn the details now.

The family lawyer told The president of United States that VG did not file a complaint against Aaron Robinson or anyone else for any harassment:

MS. KHAWAM: She reported it to her family and friends and some of the soldiers. She didn’t do a formal report.

MS. KHAWAM: Right. Not to the command, her bosses, who are also above her, who she’s saying that were sexually harassing her.

Can People please stop pretending that the army knew about Aaron Robinson BEFORE he murdered poor VG and covered up his bad behavior?

They knew immediately after her disappearance.

I’m not associated with the military
So here is my simplified take on things...
The army is made up of soldiers that interact with each other
His behavior did not start the day he murdered Vanessa
I believe other soldiers witnessed his bad behavior prior to this act.
Just my opinion... “ the army” did know.

I am a well-known dope. Please explain to me in simple terms :

1. On April 22, Poor VG was suddenly murdered by a 2o year old fellow soldier.

How, specifically, prior to April 22, did the Army fail VG?

2. VG’s murderer was a black man.

How, specifically, does this murder illustrate that the Army is racist against Latinas?

Thank you.

How did the Army fail VG?

VG was a soldier doing her job.

On her day off, she was reportedly called into work by her killer and complied with the request. Doing so cost VG her precious life.

VG was murdered on base by another soldier when she was performing her duties.

Apparently, there were no witnesses at her workplace that heard the brutal bludgeoning of VG or saw the bloody mess contained in the workplace at Fort Hood. AR was in control of this environment. This is absolutely appalling to me!

AR did not wake up one day and decide to slaughter and dismember this young woman. In the care of the army, AR was a bomb waiting to explode.

He was not just some random dude working the floor at Target for an hourly wage.

He was a member of the armed forces, working in a secure area or the arms room with important responsibilities. (I'm not military and probably not saying this right).

I also believe that VG's defense team will be able to prove at trial that VG was not alone in voicing complaints about AR, and felt trapped like many other women with no place to turn after the Army nurtured the absence of a non-existent safe reporting system at her workplace.

The Army failed VG and women like her by the culture in place that reportedly protects the offenders when there's no credible system both alert and punish them for the crime of harassment, sexual, workplace, emotional, and other.

There is only one person that was protected at Fort Hood -- Aaron Robinson!

Don Christensen, a former chief prosecutor for the Air Force, said an officer in Robinson’s chain of command could have held Robinson until the process was finalized, if they were alerted.

“They had no sense of urgency from the very beginning. Robinson early on was the most obvious suspect,” said Christensen, the president of Protect Our Defenders, an advocacy group focused on sexual harassment and assault in the military.

If you're serious about seeking answers to the question in your post, please see the MEDIA thread that contains hundreds of MSM reports to enlighten the reader.

PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, 22 Apr 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE ONLY NO DISCUSSION

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/07/10/vanessa-guillen-harassment/

Is someone saying she reported the harrassment to the Army? Every thing I read indicated she was hesitating, no one wants to be a complainer in the Army, even if there is a completely valid reason.

It is clear Army didn't want to know, and left natural barriers or created barriers to reporting

They were informed immediately after her disappearance.

Army has two choices.
Play catch up all the time.
Which is what they are doing.

Or get out in front.
Inform the troops unequivocally of expectations and the minimum career consequences regarding violating the rights of each soldier to be free of harrassment.

Last edited:
How did the Army fail VG?

VG was a soldier doing her job.

On her day off, she was reportedly called into work by her killer and complied with the request. Doing so cost VG her precious life.

VG was murdered on base by another soldier when she was performing her duties.

Apparently, there were no witnesses at her workplace that heard the brutal bludgeoning of VG or saw the bloody mess contained in the workplace at Fort Hood. AR was in control of this environment. This is absolutely appalling to me!

AR did not wake up one day and decide to slaughter and dismember this young woman. In the care of the army, AR was a bomb waiting to explode.

He was not just some random dude working the floor at Target for an hourly wage.

He was a member of the armed forces, working in a secure area or the arms room with important responsibilities. (I'm not military and probably not saying this right).

I also believe that VG's defense team will be able to prove at trial that VG was not alone in voicing complaints about AR, and felt trapped like many other women with no place to turn after the Army nurtured the absence of a non-existent safe reporting system at her workplace.

The Army failed VG and women like her by the culture in place that reportedly protects the offenders when there's no credible system both alert and punish them for the crime of harassment, sexual, workplace, emotional, and other.

There is only one person that was protected at Fort Hood -- Aaron Robinson!

Don Christensen, a former chief prosecutor for the Air Force, said an officer in Robinson’s chain of command could have held Robinson until the process was finalized, if they were alerted.

“They had no sense of urgency from the very beginning. Robinson early on was the most obvious suspect,” said Christensen, the president of Protect Our Defenders, an advocacy group focused on sexual harassment and assault in the military.

If you're serious about seeking answers to the question in your post, please see the MEDIA thread that contains hundreds of MSM reports to enlighten the reader.

PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, 22 Apr 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE ONLY NO DISCUSSION

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/07/10/vanessa-guillen-harassment/

I also believe that VG's defense team will be able to prove at trial that VG was not alone in voicing complaints about AR.....

“VG’s defense team”? “Trial”? Huh??!!

“VG was not alone in voicing complaints”??????

what? VG‘s lawyer told the President of the United States that VG it did NOT voice any complaints to the ARMY about AR.
????

I also believe that VG's defense team will be able to prove at trial that VG was not alone in voicing complaints about AR.....

what? VG‘s lawyer told the President of the United States that VG it did NOT voice any complaints to the ARMY about AR.
????

A civilian has the right to sue the military under the FTCA for negligence. The right extends to veterans and military dependents. Therefore, a family member of a service member or a retired service member may file a wrongful death lawsuit against the military for the death of a family member.

Also, a civilian may have a right to sue the military under the Military Claims Act (MCA) for the death of a family member. The MCA gives a family member the right to bring an action against the military if an employee of the military negligently caused an injury or death to another person. The military employee must have been acting within the scope of his or her employment at the time of the injury or death for a claim to fall within the MCA.

Can you sue the military for the wrongful death of a loved one? - San Diego Military Defense Attorneys.

????
From very early on it was reported that other soldiers complained about sexual harassment. They can still be witnesses at a trial, even though an official complaint wasn't made.

What needs to change is the environment and culture that prevents wonen from filing official reports.

If Vanessa had felt safe enough to report the harassment, it may have prevented the situation that allowed her to be alone with a male soldier in the first place.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member