TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many of us knew it would happen again before the end of the school year. Mentally disturbed people see this as a way to instant fame.

Trump was just on CNN. about what you'd expect. "This happens too much' and 'We are doing everything in our power'...blah, blah.

10 - they are alluding to 10 dead

sounds like there is an adult fatality as well

100 percent this, claudianunes. So very well said, and thank you for saying it.

This is insane. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child when they should be safe at school.

hi my blue this is the pitts its endless

there was one yesterday (cant recall ) but a nearbye day care was evacuated there was this big crib that had 4 babies - diapers- in a like cart being evacuated

i almost vomited seeing the little infants bouncing along in there crib

they were like a year old guys diapers

middle age female at hospital one adult male critical

I agree, snick.

* inserts something about easy access to firearms, their high use in domestic violence murders and "impulsive" acts like suicide here *

Not sure fame is what they seek. Perhaps infamy. Or just perhaps annihilation — of everything.

Instead of turning the weapon on themselves, they point it outward and just. destroy. everyone. and. every. thing. they. blame. for. their. pain.

*sigh*

re: "We are doing everything in our power." ... Really?! As I said in an earlier post, it's time to be the change. Not talk about it, not wait for someone else to do it, and not fight the gun lobby. Start local. Vote. Contact your city, county and state representatives. Use our voices.

We are the change we want to see in the world. The time is now.

I think many of us knew it would happen again before the end of the school year. Mentally disturbed people see this as a way to instant fame.

Trump was just on CNN. about what you'd expect. "This happens too much' and 'We are doing everything i our power'...blah, blah.

Sheriff: 8 to 10 Killed In Shooting At Texas’ Santa Fe High School

http://5newsonline.com/2018/05/18/active-shooter-reported-at-texas-santa-fe-high-school/

At least eight and up to 10 people were killed as a result of a school shooting on Friday morning at a high school in Santa Fe, Texas, near Houston.

A school resource officer was shot and injured, along with two students, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said. The extent of their injuries were not known.

I agree, snick.

* inserts something about easy access to firearms, their high use in domestic violence murders and "impulsive" acts like suicide here *

Not sure fame is what they seek. Perhaps infamy. Or just perhaps annihilation — of everything.

Instead of turning the weapon on themselves, they point it outward and just. destroy. everyone. and. every. thing. they. blame. for. their. pain.

*sigh*

re: "We are doing everything in our power." ... Really?! As I said in an earlier post, it's time to be the change. Not talk about it, not wait for someone else to do it, and not fight the gun lobby. Start local. Vote. Contact your city, county and state representatives. Use our voices.

We are the change we want to see in the world. The time is now.

I felt a little glimmer of hope following Parkland. Trump seemed to be getting fed up as well and was taking shots at the NRA.

Then he went to their big conclave and kissed their behinds.

confirmed per scanner

local news is now airing officer called in seeing several IUDs

More on Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez's statement to the media (bbm):

'Between 8 to 10 Fatalities' At Texas High School; Suspect Is In Custody

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...shooting-reported-at-high-school-near-houston
"There are multiple fatalities that have been confirmed," Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said, of a shooting at Santa Fe High School near Houston on Friday morning.

The sheriff added, "The number varies, but it could be anywhere between 8 to 10 fatalities at the school, including students and some adult staff as well."

A suspect is in custody, and "a second one detained" for questioning, Gonzalez said earlier. The suspect is described as a current student at the school.

Another day. Another school shooting. Sadly, it seems to be the new normal. When will this end?

Police are now sweeping a mobile home about two miles from the school where they fear there may be explosives. A suspect is in custody.

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/n...hooting-at-santa-fe-high-school/285-553331098

The gunfire was first reported before 8 a.m. Friday. Witnesses said at least one suspect came into the school and opened fire in an art class. Some students also said the shooter was throwing explosives into a classroom.

(bbm)

ETA: As of 10 a.m. law enforcement was still sweeping the campus for the possibility of explosive devices, a threat they said they were taking "very seriously." They are also looking for other potential victims or students hiding in fear.

From the link (bbm):
Several law enforcement sources told NBC News that nine people were killed in the shooting at Santa Fe High School — but they cautioned that this number could change.
"The majority of them are students," Sheriff Ed Gonzalez of the Harris County Sheriff's Office told reporters at the scene.

>snip<

While the drama was unfolding, a flag-toting man wearing a Make America Great cap and a pistol by his side outside the school. He was stopped by police.

"This idiot is walking down the street with a pistol by his side," one man told the local affiliate. "I believe in the second amendment. But this is a crime scene... this is a slap in the face."

:jawdrop:

Several people killed in Santa Fe, Texas, high school shooting, suspect in custody
The high school in Santa Fe, Texas was on lockdown as police investigate deadly shooting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-high-school-lockdown-amid-reports-active-shooter-n875341

I have no real answers...but in most of these shootings there were clues, signs, YouTube videos, Instagram posts, etc. When something like this is heard or seen it needs to be taken seriously. Same as saying the word bomb in an airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the suspect used a shotgun, that sucker would be loud ... and could sound like explosives.

... I'm hoping there were not any incendiary devices / explosives used. I guess we'll find out soon enough. This is so overwhelmingly sad. These poor kids, teachers, schools, families, communities, first responders &#8212; everyone who has to face this trauma. My heart hurts for them.

I felt a little glimmer of hope following Parkland. Trump seemed to be getting fed up as well and was taking shots at the NRA.

Then he went to their big conclave and kissed their behinds.

Or they filled his pockets and then he kissed their behinds... jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member