TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this shooter isn't Adam Lanza. I'm not arguing about Adam Lanza. He is one shooter. One.

That case is not this case. It's not a chain reaction. Lanza didn't invent school shootings.

That said, my ONLY point is that I don't think it's OK to blame everyone else for "not doing enough beforehand" these acts of violence happen. Most people are intuitive, not clairvoyant.

Like I said earlier, it's been demonstrated time and again that, in the vast majority of cases, things were done. They were reported. Families and communities and strangers "saw something and said something." Experts intervened.

Other than being male and usually white, the other glaring similarity in almost all these mass school shootings is their age — under 25, generally 15-19 years old — and their access to firearms.

Welp. I'll agree with you in this way: Yes, let's be more diligent about acting on this problem, shall we?

I’m NOT blaming everyone else. I have ZERO idea how you are getting that from me. It IS a chain reaction. Kids kill animals, they say they want to join military to kill people, etc. there are almost ALWAYS warning signs. There is no one to blame but the shooter...but WE as a country have to change how we handle this kind of stuff or it is never going to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he aspired to serve and protect by going in the military

fond of nazi signs

and kamaza pilots

rapidly moving away from gfriend notion

sounds like they both had the same belief systems

moo

OK. Your message is evolving as we discuss it, which is fine. Back to the original point:

I asked Merriam-Webster the definition of "blame."

1. to find fault with (primary definition)

Peace.
I’m NOT blaming everyone else. I have ZERO idea how you are getting that from me. It IS a chain reaction. Kids kill animals, they say they want to join military to kill people, etc. there are almost ALWAYS warning signs. There is no one to blame but the shooter...but WE as a country have to change how we handle this kind of stuff or it is never going to stop.

Wolf on CNN Live:

- off-campus explosive devices were found in an area "adjacent to the school" (reporter)

At least eight dead: Here's what we know about the school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article211417209.html

The shooting in a classroom in Santa Fe started just after 7:30 a.m. The first call to authorities came in at 7:32 a.m.

>snip<

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that at least 12 others were injured in the mass shooting, citing unnamed law enforcement sources. How many of those are students, teachers or staff are not known at this time.

>snip<

Investigators also found explosive devices, both inside the school and in the area surrounding the campus. Officials urged residents to exercise caution in the neighborhoods surrounding the school and to call police at 409-927-3310 if they find any suspicious items.

>snip<

Raul Reyes, a spokesman for University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital, told media that UTMB admitted three patients Friday after the shooting: a middle-aged male in critical condition with gunshot wounds to his chest, a middle-aged woman in good condition with a gunshot wound to her leg, and a younger female, also in good condition with a gunshot wound to her leg.

As horrendous as murdering students and others in a school is, adding explosives to the situation is even doubly vicious and monstrous

CNN Live, Reporter: devices - pipe bombs and pressure cookers found at scene

OT

(OP was specifically referencing/linking to a story about the Florida school shooter.)

Yes -A women spoke to CNN saying this was the 2nd incident today-the first incident was A prank call-two months ago in Santa Fe High School saying someone set off fire crackers in school hallway to see how long the police got there.

From CNN:

10 dead in school shooting, official says
From CNN's Jessica Schneider

A law enforcement official says 10 people are dead in the Texas high school shooting; nine of those killed are students and one a teacher.

Two law enforcement officers are among those injured, the official says.

As to the explosive devices at the school, the official says pipe bombs and pressure cookers were found at the scene.

Just got in and finding this latest incident. I would not want to be a student these days. This is becoming all too common for me. And we still have no solution to how to avoid these from occurring? It is way too easy to find info on making explosives ..

[FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]NEW: The name of the Santa Fe High School shooter in custody is 17-year old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, according to law enforcement sources

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/997525380939599872
attachment.php

[/FONT]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.21.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.21.05 PM.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online