TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no real answers...but in most of these shootings there were clues, signs, YouTube videos, Instagram posts, etc. When something like this is heard or seen it needs to be taken seriously. Same as saying the word bomb in an airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the parents NOT notice his BORN TO KILL t-shirt and collection of knives and guns? That's a huge RED FLAG!

Ahhh yes yet another AR-15 :tantrum:

Earlier report said suspect was active on football team, in 2014, and also on honor roll then.

So how does he go from that student to this killer??? DRUGS plus GUNS, moo.

I think we are past the point of no return. Mass shootings, including school shootings, are an unavoidable fact of American life like tornadoes and traffic jams.

I wonder if it will spread any where else or if it's only American kids that are so incredibly ####ed up.

I’m not blaming anyone but the shooter. However, the community, law enforcement, etc need to take early warning signs more serious. Too often early signs are missed.

Missed, dismissed or laughed off. LE doesn't take all threats seriously. Not all officers have the correct training, unfortunately.

If you profile mass shooters. Coddled, spoiled, not raised “tough” enough is not a common thread imo.

Not saying that at all, I could be 100% off on why this child did this. IMO there is a problem in society and that's just one of many problems.
I have a 13 year old step son and if my husband yells at him for something it's the end of the world and he will pout for days if my husband doesn't coddle him and literally will carry him like a baby and spend the rest of the day doing anything to make him smile again. I yell at my kids and they handle it no problem they change what they are doing or fix their error and we go on. It's not the end of the world. I had said something to my step son one day and I didn't even yell and he started hitting himself in the face.
I just feel there is issues all around us. I can see someone teasing my stepson and he'd be that kid to go shoot someone because he can't handle much of anything.

Again not profiling anything just society is a mess and feel lots starts with parenting.
ALL JMO

IMO children are not being raised to have coping skills.
Not that I'm a perfect parent nor claiming I'm doing things correct, but I don't coddle my children and when there is an incident at school I don't make a huge fuss and run to the principle and demand my child be treated a certain way. I basically tell my kids some kids just suck and to ignore them and to not react back at them. Both my older children 13 and 14 have dealt with bully's and it's not that I don't take it serious but I want my kids to be strong enough to deal with it and not let it devastate them. We have dealt with death, molestation, abuse from their bio dad and many other life challenges. But we deal with them. I don't know this kids story or why he did this but it seems it all stems from how they are raised. Not blaming parents either it's society as a whole IMO.

What goes into making a mass shooter has nothing to do with kids being raised tough enough. Just like most of the others this kid wanted to be in the armed forces and was probably taught to squash his emotions, not really have any (because that's not manly) and to only feel rage.
"all stems from how they are raised" is a simplistic answer to a complex and problem.so many factors. anyone who thinks it's something as simple as this is...missing the entire point.

<modsnip>

OT

(OP was specifically referencing/linking to a story about the Florida school shooter.)

It was an example of the signs that were missed. And I bet as this unfolds it will be the same sort of story as the previous school shootings.

I wonder if it will spread any where else or if it's only American kids that are so incredibly ####ed up.

Not just American kids are messed up, but American kids have easy access to weapons kids in other countries don't have

Not saying that at all, I could be 100% off on why this child did this. IMO there is a problem in society and that's just one of many problems.
I have a 13 year old step son and if my husband yells at him for something it's the end of the world and he will pout for days if my husband doesn't coddle him and literally will carry him like a baby and spend the rest of the day doing anything to make him smile again. I yell at my kids and they handle it no problem they change what they are doing or fix their error and we go on. It's not the end of the world. I had said something to my step son one day and I didn't even yell and he started hitting himself in the face.
I just feel there is issues all around us. I can see someone teasing my stepson and he'd be that kid to go shoot someone because he can't handle much of anything.

Again not profiling anything just society is a mess and feel lots starts with parenting.
ALL JMO

I'm not sure what your husband's parenting techniques have to do with this shooting.

This is exactly what I wanted to say.
It's been proven time and time again by studies and living examples that hitting does nothing for a child but make them worse. Imagine if you had a conflict with another adult and you solved it by putting hands on them. It's not appropriate is it? But suddenly when it's child it's okay. Reminds me of my own mom and the idea that children are "property". Treating kids like property and hitting them is not working and makes things worse.

People with this fine a grip on things are prone to thinking "kids these days" are worse and lazy and yadda yadda yadda. Don't want to understand, just want to hit. When your language involves hitting how on earth can you be thinking you're going to get through to a kid like that????

I have never hit my child ever. But my daughter seemed to get the idea ha ha you can't punish me if I touch you'll go to jail. Basically told her if I do go to jail I'll make sure it's a good reason. My point is it gives kids control over their parents and teens love to have control.
Heck there was a time you could get spankings in school when misbehaved and there was not school shootings then because kids were scared of consequences. Not that hitting is correct but sure as heck didn't have these problems when we could spank our kids.
I was beat for 18 years by me ex husband so I don't believe in hitting but I do believe in common sense and there was a time when we didn't have this problem.
So what has changed.

Earlier report said suspect was active on football team, in 2014, and also on honor roll then.

So how does he go from that student to this killer??? DRUGS plus GUNS, moo.
Rbbm
Plus head injury?
speculation.

I have never hit my child ever. But my daughter seemed to get the idea ha ha you can't punish me if I touch you'll go to jail. Basically told her if I do go to jail I'll make sure it's a good reason. My point is it gives kids control over their parents and teens love to have control.
Heck there was a time you could get spankings in school when misbehaved and there was not school shootings then because kids were scared of consequences. Not that hitting is correct but sure as heck didn't have these problems when we could spank our kids.
I was beat for 18 years by me ex husband so I don't believe in hitting but I do believe in common sense and there was a time when we didn't have this problem.
So what has changed.

Yeah I went to a school where spankings were allowed and pretty much every kid out of that school is a criminal or someone who abuses their partner or children. Not to mention the emotional difficulties one develops from being hit as punishment. Hitting is not acceptable. Hitting kids doesn't make society better. Hitting is what slavers did to slaves to break them.

Just because there were no large number of mass shootings (Clocktower shootings happened in the 60s) in your day doesn't mean society was better because there was segregation and all that jazz and all sorts of terrible **** was legal.

The whole idea that raising a teen is a battle for control is toxic. My mom thought the same way and she really did a number on me, she basically crushed my spirit and made me a little robot just so things would be comfortable for her, my growth and development be damned!

Children have rights. Your daughter has rights no matter how much you might hate it.

That’s what I have wondered, what happened/changed to create these young murderer.

So what has changed.

Other countries have gun control laws but there was recently a mass shooting in Australia.

If I read correctly in this case, the shooting happened on a farm. One of the few citizens able to legally own guns are farmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay