GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, if they don't seek the death penalty in this case I hope he is found guilty of capital murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Then he can experience jail house justice for the rest of his miserable life. And re-live the horrors of that day, every day.

One way or another, justice WILL be served.

Actually if you read the article, it says the following (maybe the article was updated after it was originally posted here):

"Saying he was prepared for a backlash from those appalled by the brutality of the crime, Sistrunk said he was abiding by a 2007 Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruling that would make it nearly impossible to obtain a death penalty decision that would withstand appeal
The ruling concerned a special question required by law that a jury must answer to arrive at a death penalty decision: will the accused be a future danger to society?
The appeals court ruled in the case of Kenisha Eronda Berry of Beaumont, convicted in the death of her infant son, Malachi, that the slaying of her child was insufficient to prove that she would be a future danger to society."

The prosecutor says even if he disagrees with the appeals court, the jury would not be allowed to find these two would be a further danger to society. He is charging them with Capital murder which could result in a life sentence for both of them. I'm glad to hear the mother will also be fully prosecuted.

Salem

I heard someone on local news say basically it would be better they live the rest of their lives in prison as that would be more difficult (paraphrasing) for them. I wondered if that was GrandmaSheryl. I turned the news on right when that person was talking.

It's just sad no matter how you look at it. :(

I heard someone on local news say basically it would be better they live the rest of their lives in prison as that would be more difficult (paraphrasing) for them. I wondered if that was GrandmaSheryl. I turned the news on right when that person was talking.

It's just sad no matter how you look at it. :(

Yes, it was Grandma Sheryl, and Robert, Riley's father:

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=4f0c7527b254225d

My prayers are with them today, as I know these have been 2 tough days for them.

There is just no way I can make any comment on the fact that Kimberly is pregnant without being banned from WS............

So I will just charge at the closest tree with my antlers to vent my frustration!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Thanks for the information joe!

A long wait until the trial starts. I feel so sorry for that unborn child who will grow up knowing her mother and father killed another baby. I hope whoever has that child will ensure that she/he gets all the emotional help that will be needed.

I had forgotten that she was pregnant. :furious:04-18-2008 06:42 PM

NewMom, I can see how that can happen since there were no signs of pregnancy in any of her pictures and it was not always brought up when she appeared in Court.

I am all for the life in jail for her..............no way should she even get a chance to hold that baby after giving birth. You don't kill one and then get one to hold one later.

Sorry, I just get so :mad: when I think about what Riley Ann had to endure in her short life when she had such a loving family in another state.

Well the good thing is Trenor's & Zeigler are in prison and won't be able to abuse this baby to death. My prayers to Riley.

You know, I'm actually okay with this. When I first heard that they would not go after the death penalty, I was pretty furious. The more I think about it I like the idea of these baby killers spending their lives in prison. I hope they are treated equally or worse than what they did to Riley every single stinkin' day of their miserable lives. :furious: Then when they die, I hope their souls rot in the bowels of hell. :furious:

NewMom, I can see how that can happen since there were no signs of pregnancy in any of her pictures and it was not always brought up when she appeared in Court.

I am all for the life in jail for her..............no way should she even get a chance to hold that baby after giving birth. You don't kill one and then get one to hold one later.

Sorry, I just get so :mad: when I think about what Riley Ann had to endure in her short life when she had such a loving family in another state.

I agree. I don't even think she should be allowed to hold her new baby.

I not only think she shouldn't hold the baby, I don't think should be allowed to see the baby either. :mad:

Agreed. There is nothing motherly about her. As far as I'm concerned she gave up all rights to any happiness when she participated in Riley's torture and murder.

The new baby will be better off not knowing anything about the woman that gave birth to her.

Agreed. There is nothing motherly about her. As far as I'm concerned she gave up all rights to any happiness when she participated in Riley's torture and murder.

The new baby will be better off not knowing anything about the woman that gave birth to her.

I know, but what if the baby is adopted by family member? It makes me sick to think baby might be given to one of her family members that will let her have contact with the baby :(

I know, but what if the baby is adopted by family member? It makes me sick to think baby might be given to one of her family members that will let her have contact with the baby :(

I was thinking the same thing. She should not be allowed ANY contact with this baby. I truly hope that doesn't happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back