GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
barb:

No money is needed. I can do it. I will put Websleuths as the sender.

Thanks for the site on the candles. I did light one and just sat there and cried.

Visitaton for Riley will be from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, January 15th at the Monreal Funeral Home located at 35400 Vine St., Willowick, Ohio. (At the corner of Vine and Rte. 91)

I posted the information above yesterday, but in today's paper the address is reflected as this:

35400 Curtis Blvd. Eastlake, OH.

My hubby knows this area well, will have to ask him if Curtis is the same as Vine St. Will let you know when I find out.

I just saw this now after LD said on another thread she was leaving for the calling hours. I might still be able to make it if it's till 9. We had so much snow today. I hate driving in snow.

Thanks for getting flowers, LD. :blowkiss:

No way I can physically be at the service, (down here in Georiga/South Carolina), but I am sending my prayers. Thanks Littledeer for sending those flowers. God bless little Riley and her family.

I've followed this one from the beginning. She and her grandmother are in my thoughts right now.

I'm hoping to hear how it went, Littledeer. I bet it was incredibly sad.

Here's local news coverage and video:
http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7625622

A little brown wooden coffin just 36 inches long with a wooden cross attached to the top seemed dwarfed by 15 surrounding floral bouquets during calling hours at Monreal Funeral Home in Eastlake, near Cleveland.
The closed casket was donated to the Sawyers family by a man in Texas who also lost his own child at a young age. Inside was an urn containing Riley's ashes, a dress and stuffed animals. (more at link)

I actually wanted to go to the memorial service this morning, but for one I've been ill and even if I was better (which I mostly am, thank goodness) turns out Mentor is a 90 minute drive for me... Couldn't have gotten there on time. But I will light a candle here at home for Riley at 9:30am... anyone else want to 'join'?

I will, JanetElaine. I'll do mine a little later when I get back home from school.

RIP now, Riley. :blowkiss:

This whole story just breaks my heart. :( Every time I come in this thread to read, I sit here and cry. RIP sweet Riley. Grandma Sheryl, you are all in my prayers.

Littledeer, you're a sweetheart for sending the flowers. Thank you.

I'm so glad to hear that Riley is now home resting peacefully. God Bless you Sweet Angel.

God Bless the anonymous donor that made all this possible for Sheryl and the rest of Riley's family. That's proof that angels do walk among us. :)

This is one of those cases that will haunt me forever, and ever. I just can't sit and read anything about this case without crying. These cases cause you to age, don't they? I look at little Riley's pictures and I just burt into tears because my heart breaks all over again - literally, I feel like my heart is breaking. She looked so happy, and so alive. I hate the two evil monsters so much, there just aren't words.

Reannan and All Others:
I hope Sheryl doesn't mind, but I would like to share the poem that Sheryl put in Riley Ann's obit in our local newspaper (The News Herald). It has given me some comfort in rereading it, as I am sure it will for Sheryl. I hope it provides some comfort for you too.

Heaven has a brand new angel. Her name is Riley Ann.
We have to ask you favors. We know
you'll undertand.
It's hard for us to let her go, so inno-
cent and so small.
She did not get to live her life. so
sson you came to call.
We know that you were with her. And
she was not alone.
You saw that she was hurting. And
chose to take her home.
We ask that you take care of her.
And give her all our love.
We know that she is safe within Your
arms Dear God above.

7yg58c0.jpg

Just lit a candle for Riley.

May her angel wings shine bright

Toward God's heavenly light

Soar high..............Soar high....

Riley Ann.............

Baby Grace..........

Awwww, that was the sweetest poem. I love that picture of her. RIP, sweetie.

This warms my heart.

HITCHCOCK — A narrow island in Galveston Bay where a fisherman discovered the body of 3-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers, known for weeks as Baby Grace, will officially be known as Riley's Island, the Hitchcock City Commission decided Monday.

More at Link

Jules

Thanks for posting this update. I totally disagree with the Prosecutor's Office!!! If you can, please post what the Prosecutor's reasoning is for not seeking the death penalty. I'm assuming that would come out tomorrow at the hearing.

This just makes me so mad! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back