Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wha?
So when you say 'We "
What do you mean ?
I do not know how we have 3 young men.
I kinda had thought it sorted out like ...the video guy was the man they found later in the chruch yard who also happens to be this kid who was reported missing . Like all the same guy..
But ..i dunno for sure.
Don’t forget 'Dolph'.

TOS forbades me say anything else right now, lol.

It's looking increasingly likely he wasn't ever missing. However, police and civilians believe he had been missing since 2015. It's astounding to me that he may of been at his mother's house the whole time.
I will admit ,I am excited about how many charges and/ or what they will be.
I am inbetween a giggle and a complete tear down.
Someone let me know when it is safe to breathe.

Trying to make sense of this ... at the age of 14, this man developed PTSD because his brother died in a motorcycle accident? He disappeared in 2015 while walking the dogs. I'm skeptical that PTSD is associated with a tragic family death.

He was spotted in 2018 near a family member's home, but disappeared before police arrived. In 2019 his mother moved to a new neighbourhood where Dolph (short for Rudolph) met the neighbours. They claim that Dolph was not missing for 8 years, but they have not seen him recently.

He was found outside a church, shortly after a man was given a free meal at a nearby cafe where no one recognized him as a regular. He was in bad shape and is now unable to speak. He initially provided a different name.

It sounds like he was able to speak when he visited the neighbours from 2019 until recently. Now he has holes in his feet? Did I read that right?

Question: if he is unable to speak, other than to provide a name, why did he give the wrong name? Why did his mother say all this if he was at home recently?

"'Rudy is in pretty bad shape, he has cuts, soft tissue tomors, small openings and swelling on the soles of his feet, along with bruising, old and new cuts/scrapes on his body, old dry blood on his head and hair, he has very very dark complexion now almost unrecognisable.

'It broke our hearts to see him in this condition. 'God only knows what he has endured during his time away from home.'

The note also mentions that he is in a lot of pain. 'He flinches if you try to touch him or hug him thinking we are going to strike him.

'He thinks his name is Julio Torres and he is 14 now.'

Farias' mother said they have tried to speak to him, but he only says a few words and adopts the fetal position. She said it will be a long healing journey but she is pleased that he has been found alive."

Dailymail

If it is true that he was not missing, what was the plan? To collect donations for his rehabilitation after he miraculously survived street-living? Mind-blowing that the missing teen survived alone, helpless while no one recognized or helped him for 8 years, so let's give the man get better money? Speculating, but this story has taken a predictable and bizarre corner.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

I think the workers confusing statement meant he wasn’t a regular customer. He showed up coincidentally just before Rudy was found at the church (basically implying that it was Rudy). JMO
The click2houston article was pretty sloppily written. In the video from Click2houston a few posts below it:

They specifically say that "the man in the video had never visited their establishment before" (it's at 1:29 mark).

If it is true that he was not missing, what was the plan? To collect donations for his rehabilitation after he miraculously survived street-living? Mind-blowing that the missing teen survived alone, helpless while no one recognized or helped him for 8 years, so let's give the man get better money? Speculating, but this story has taken a predictable and bizarre corner.
Not going to lie and pretend I did not consider an insurance rider payout after a person is missing for 7 years without a death certifacation as a possible motive.
It is reaching.

Were funds donated 8 years ago, and subsequently, upon his alleged disappearance, costs of the search, a PI, support etc.?

Trying to make sense of this ... at the age of 14, this man developed PTSD because his brother died in a motorcycle accident? He disappeared in 2015 while walking the dogs. I'm skeptical that PTSD is associated with a tragic family death.

Several articles talk about Rudy being there in time to witness his brother dying after the accident.

I'm not sure if your comment meant that you think Rudy's current PTSD seeming state is due to more recent events in his life (aka post "disappearance") or if you meant that a tragic family death can't cause PTSD.

Were funds donated 8 years ago, and subsequently, upon his alleged disappearance, costs of the search, a PI, support etc.?
I don't know, but I wondered the same. I read upthread that, after the disappearance, there was a fundraiser to hire a "private investigator" ... was that Tim Miller?

I don't have a link.

The click2houston article was pretty sloppily written. In the video from Click2houston a few posts below it:

They specifically say that "the man in the video had never visited their establishment before" (it's at 1:29 mark).
I think I read something earlier in this thread about (rudy, ruddolph, dolph) was spotted in Mexico with another person that they thought were labour traffiked

Why is everyone so down on his mother? Seriously. I haven't seen anything to warrant this and I'd like to be clued in!

So far we've got one neighbor who says "Dolph" has hung out regularly and was never missing.

Idk. This is getting pretty bizarre. I just hope that Rudy can recover from whatever the heck has happened these past 8 years. He lost his best friend brother, and then lost any hope of a relationship with his father. What a tough life. I just wish I could give him a hug.

Several articles talk about Rudy being there in time to witness his brother dying after the accident.

I'm not sure if your comment meant that you think Rudy's current PTSD seeming state is due to more recent events in his life (aka post "disappearance") or if you meant that a tragic family death can't cause PTSD.
My first thought was that he was an unmedicated schizophrenic. The abducted, held captive, & dumped at a church man who was missing for 8 years sounded like trafficking, not living on the street 19 minutes from home.

I'm curious what triggered his PTSD and inability to speak since he last visited the neigbbours - where there is no mention of an inability to speak.

My first thought was that he was an unmedicated schizophrenic. The abducted, held captive, & dumped at a church man who was missing for 8 years sounded like trafficking, not living on the street 19 minutes from home.

I'm curious what triggered his PTSD and inability to speak since he last visited the neigbbours - where there is no mention of an inability to speak.
And how did he get all those injuries since then? What happened during those several weeks the neighbours didn't see him?
I hope he is being properly cared for.

Why is everyone so down on his mother? Seriously. I haven't seen anything to warrant this and I'd like to be clued in!

So far we've got one neighbor who says "Dolph" has hung out regularly and was never missing.

Idk. This is getting pretty bizarre. I just hope that Rudy can recover from whatever the heck has happened these past 8 years. He lost his best friend brother, and then lost any hope of a relationship with his father. What a tough life. I just wish I could give him a hug.
Most probably because the mother refused to take him to the hospital and took him home . It just seems like she kept him captive and he kept escaping at times , sometimes he was spotted by the public and it was always in the vicinity of the mother's home . This last time looks like someone knew what was happening and has helped him by leaving a note and calling LE .... JMO

The person that is trying to speak with him has him so spooked he is flinching and its causing him to go into the fetal position to protect himself . Most people do that to the person that's abusing them . 8 Years of torture would break a human down to nothing . I seriously hope people step in to get him serious help

So just to be clear the photo that's on the flyers and billboards are of him when he was 15 years old . Why haven't they ever shown a photo of him when he was 17 the year he was when he went missing. I'm Australian and im not familiar with this case until yesterday

Public records (available to everyone, I used FamilySearch) show he was an adult when he went missing.
He was 18, not 17.
I wonder if 1997 was a typo and everone else went with it, or if whoever reported him missing made him younger to make sure there would be attention... ?
LE may have known he wasn't 17 and that's why they didn't do much.

There is a lot to be confused and angry about with this case, IMO.

I think with his nonverbal status, etc. Rudy is a vulnerable person and LE needs to step in immediately and ensure he's in a safe situation. As such a vulnerable person, is he truly in a position to refuse medical care?

Hopefully LE will also give a detailed review to those 3 motorcycle accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader