Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is all true and verifiable (and I believe them)...what's the reason behind his family making this "hoax" (for lack of a better word)?? Where they getting financial compensation to help search for Rudy or something like that?
Potentially attention; though I'm not sure she would have let it go on this long if it were purely for attention. 8 years is a very long time. I wonder with the amount of personal loss she herself experienced, if it was a way to keep him home with her since he was at the age of independence. JMO

7.4.2023 updated an hour ago

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Neighbors are questioning whether a 25-year-old man found alive after he was reported missing eight years ago was really ever missing.

Kisha Ross and her family were shocked to find out Rudolph "Rudy" Farias was found because they never knew he was reported missing. Civil court records reveal his mother lives on the same street in northeast Houston.

If he was living with his mom all along, it sounds like he was being abused. His physical condition when found recently was not good. Did these neighbors notice he was in poor health?

Such a strange, strange case.

This is also discouraging

It has been five days since Farias was found outside the church, and investigators still have not spoken to him. Police won't say why there doesn't seem to be any urgency, but investigators are scheduled to speak to him Wednesday.

Last edited:
From records online, his mother bought a new house in 2019, so in the recent years it’s likely the current neighbors didn’t know anything about the family.

Given that the photo on flyers was apparently Rudy at 14, even though he went missing at 17/18, he likely looked very different in his 20s especially after neglect and abuse.
Only time will tell the full story of what's happened in the last 8 years . Im sure there wouldve been people helping him over the years that weren't aware it was him <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was living with his mom all along, it sounds like he was being abused. His physical condition when found recently was not good. Did these neighbors notice he was in poor health?

Such a strange, strange case.

This is also discouraging

I've been following.

He was found outside the church, and evidently in such bad shape that police wanted him to go to the hospital. Mom refused the ambulance, claimed she took him there herself. Yes there's a picture, but is it a picture of Rudy in that bed, and is that picture in the hospital right after she brought him there?

Right now I feel uneasy that he might be home again with the mom.
I'm not sure I trust that situation.

<modsnip: MH diagnosis of mother>

Last edited by a moderator:

Published: July 4, 2023 at 6:48 PM

[..] What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment.

Published: July 4, 2023 at 6:48 PM

[..] What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment.
They said the man in the video never visited their establishment. They also said that the man came in only hours before Farias was discovered.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment. They also said that the man came in only hours before Farias was discovered. He also was incoherent, had no money and left after someone purchased a meal for him, according to the workers. A few hours later, Farias, who is unable to talk, according to his family, was discovered across the street by HPD and HFD.

Miller’s take?

“The mystery man in that video needs to be tracked down and checked out immediately,” said Miller, who believes investigators should identify whether or not it is Rudy.

If the mystery man in the video turns out to be Farias, then Miller said it may shift the investigation and eliminate an original theory that Farias was dumped at the church.

“This could possibly put a whole new spin on this,” said Miller.

(Translation: We got a second, or maybe even third, young man.)

I think money is a huge motive behind this, imo. Donations were collected at the time Rudy went missing, so that the family could hire a private investigator. Now that he has been found a has been opened to help support Rudy's recovery.

It's totally confusing. It seems there is a mystery man who may have come into the business some time before Rudy (but the article also says he didn't visit the business). While confused and hungry someone purchased Rudy food and then he was found injured. Is the mystery man the same person who brought food? I hope Adult Protection Services is investigating.

What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment. They also said that the man came in only hours before Farias was discovered. He also was incoherent, had no money and left after someone purchased a meal for him, according to the workers. A few hours later, Farias, who is unable to talk, according to his family, was discovered across the street by HPD and HFD.

Miller’s take?

“The mystery man in that video needs to be tracked down and checked out immediately,” said Miller, who believes investigators should identify whether or not it is Rudy.

If the mystery man in the video turns out to be Farias, then Miller said it may shift the investigation and eliminate an original theory that Farias was dumped at the church.

“This could possibly put a whole new spin on this,” said Miller.

(Translation: We got a second, or maybe even third, young man.)
wha?
So when you say 'We "
What do you mean ?
I do not know how we have 3 young men.
I kinda had thought it sorted out like ...the video guy was the man they found later in the chruch yard who also happens to be this kid who was reported missing . Like all the same guy..
But ..i dunno for sure.

I also think there is only one guy.
This is the original story on how Rudy was found:
“Farias' mother told local news station KTRK that someone called 911 after finding him unresponsive outside a church. He had cuts and bruises all over his body and blood in his hair, Farias’ mother told the station.”

Now there is apparently video of Rudy uninjured just before he was discovered at the church.

I think the workers confusing statement meant he wasn’t a regular customer. He showed up coincidentally just before Rudy was found at the church (basically implying that it was Rudy). JMO

This is an extremely sad and disturbing case. This new information coming out keeps on getting more bizarre and disturbing. How was this allowed to go on so long? So. Many. Questions. My heart breaks for Rudy who has not only experienced loss of loved ones at a young age, but it seems he has an unstable parent. I pray he can get the resources and help he needs to live a productive life.

Last edited:
This is an extremely sad and disturbing case. This new information coming out keeps on getting more bizarre and disturbing. How was this allowed to go on so long? So. Many. Questions. My heart breaks for Rudy who has not only experienced loss of loved ones at a young age, but it seems he has an unstable parent. I pray he can get the resources and help he needs and can live a productive life.
So I dont mean to be rude but what was going on for so long?
It is a disturbing case . Like really ,for more than one reason.

So I dont mean to be rude but what was going on for so long?
It is a disturbing case . Like really ,for more than one reason.
It's looking increasingly likely he wasn't ever missing. However, police and civilians believe he had been missing since 2015. It's astounding to me that he may of been at his mother's house the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader