Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His old one (from when he was first missing) is still up. I've seen a newer one but I'm not sure if it's the mom whose running it.

I saw one from 2015 "to Help Find Rudy Farias IV" that is still open, but only has "$2,025 raised of $75,000 goal." It doesn't have his mother's name on it though.

I'm going to believe the neighbors at this time. In addition, knowing that Rudy was still wearing the necklace of his brother (this has been on my mind) speaks volumes. Do you go missing for 8 years and are still able to wear a necklace you were originally wearing in 2015? Not impossible - but not realistic.

Moreover, what about the billboard and any tips to the tipline over the years... calls, tips ignored and not checked into? I don't get it, overall.
moo

July 5, 2023

Farias was still wearing the necklace of his brother — who died in a 2011 motorcycle accident — and was nonverbal, she said.
Keeping in mind this info about him wearing his deceased brother's necklace when found... that came directly from his mother. So, unless LE give me a reason to, I'm not really taking her comments as factual right now.

jmo

Do we know the nature of the case in which he was to testify, back when? Critical witness? Was he in danger if he testified? Was he hidden away in plain sight to bypass testifying, a decision that arguably worked?

For the last eight years, was he his own cousin?

Who assaulted him? Someone who needed to make sure he couldn't talk?

jmo

The case of Rudy Farias, the teenager found over the weekend after going missing in 2015, is getting a fresh look from Houston Police. Chief Troy Finner told our TV partner Channel Two they have a lot of questions.

“I just think that we need to get in and get some answers right now,” said Finner who then added, “We’ll get down to the bottom of it.”

Tim Miller of EquuSearch is also trying to find answers, admitting that he has spoken with HPD investigators routinely since Farias was discovered outside of the church last week. Miller said in the last 24 hours, HPD has told him, “They want to go visit Rudy. They want to go talk with family and they want to put things together, but nobody has what you got.”

What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment. They also said that the man came in only hours before Farias was discovered. He also was incoherent, had no money and left after someone purchased a meal for him, according to the workers. A few hours later, Farias, who is unable to talk, according to his family, was discovered across the street by HPD and HFD.

“The mystery man in that video needs to be tracked down and checked out immediately,” said Miller, who believes investigators should identify whether or not it is Rudy.

Rudy's family excitedly confirmed the news in a statement posted to Facebook, writing: "It's him!!! It's our Rudy, he's been found and he's alive and in the hospital right now."

They said he was "unrecognisable" as they claimed he'd "been through hell and abused" but in a strange twist in the case, they revealed he now thought he was a different person.

"He thinks his name is Julio Torres and he's 14 now," they said.
Darned right the case needs a "fresh look". It's Wednesday....Rudy was "found" over the weekend. Thank heavens Tim Miller is involved. With the publicity and details coming out (eg the neighbours), there's no telling whether Rudy is even in more danger, and that his mother may do something drastic.

Reached by phone Wednesday Farias' aunt, his mother's sister, also declined to answer questions, maintaining relatives were choosing not to give interviews because "the media" had been twisting everything about the case.

A family member had called authorities in 2018 to report that Farias had been staying behind their residence, according to Shay Awosiyan, a Houston

Emergency responders again were contacted Thursday, after getting a call saying that Farias had been sleeping in front of a church near Avenue K and 76th Street, Awosiyan said. Officers responded to the location and found Farias.

The extent of Farias’ injuries and medical condition was not immediately clear.

Chief Troy Finner, in a statement made to Houston television station Click2Houston, referred to the case as “very, very active,” but said he didn’t have many updates to provide

Fund purportedly set up by Farias’ mother, Janie, contended: “At the end of the day I am a mother and I have the right to grieve without questioning.”

Darned right the case needs a "fresh look". It's Wednesday....Rudy was "found" over the weekend. Thank heavens Tim Miller is involved. With the publicity and details coming out (eg the neighbours), there's no telling whether Rudy is even in more danger, and that his mother may do something drastic.
First responders were called last Thursday night for a person on the steps of a church. They identified him as Rudy based on something he had with him that enabled them to contact a family member. Police only confirmed it publicly when they were asked over the weekend. No one other than his mother/aunt have seen Rudy since Thursday, and their information on him and his condition are unconfirmed.

Has the 911 caller been identified? Are 911 calls or incident reports subject to Right to Know laws in Texas?

First responders were called last Thursday night for a person on the steps of a church. They identified him as Rudy based on something he had with him that enabled them to contact a family member. Police only confirmed it publicly when they were asked over the weekend.

Has the 911 caller been identified? Are 911 calls or incident reports subject to Right to Know laws in Texas?
My mistake...Thursday. 6 days ago. That's even worse.

Maybe she's the one who kept him alive, invisible, away from a criminal element? Sort of like a parent who violates a custody order and goes underground, just without the resources. Just how heavy was that trial? For which side was he slated to testify? Maybe his mom was afraid of losing another person...

Not justifying, just trying to make sense ... because none of this thread makes sense.

Jmo

My mistake...Thursday. 6 days ago. That's even worse.
Agreed! The fact that police didn't issue a press release about a missing person being recovered speaks volumes. This missing person, a child when he was reported missing, is the son of a deceased Houston Police officer and the stepson of a deceased Harris County deputy. Generally, a case like that remains front and center for law enforcement.

I'm still trying to understand how a person, newly located after being "missing" for years, injured, and apparently unable to communicate with authorities, was released to the mother. People in similar(ish) situations are routinely brought to the hospital for at least cursory medical clearance, even if they object. I sincerely hope that Texas Adult Protective Services is aware/involved. This is fishy as heck!

Reached by phone Wednesday Farias' aunt, his mother's sister, also declined to answer questions, maintaining relatives were choosing not to give interviews because "the media" had been twisting everything about the case.

A family member had called authorities in 2018 to report that Farias had been staying behind their residence, according to Shay Awosiyan, a Houston

Emergency responders again were contacted Thursday, after getting a call saying that Farias had been sleeping in front of a church near Avenue K and 76th Street, Awosiyan said. Officers responded to the location and found Farias.

The extent of Farias’ injuries and medical condition was not immediately clear.

Chief Troy Finner, in a statement made to Houston television station Click2Houston, referred to the case as “very, very active,” but said he didn’t have many updates to provide

Fund purportedly set up by Farias’ mother, Janie, contended: “At the end of the day I am a mother and I have the right to grieve without questioning.”
Ironically, this is one of the very few cases recently where the media isn't actually using inflammatory language (the links I've seen, anyway), but instead, it's the actual story coming from actual witnesses who have interacted with this young man.

jmo

Wow, I've been following this case online. You couldn't make this stuff up. So bizarre. I think what might get lost in translation when considering there is a component to the story that the mother was lying all this time, is that Rudy is still a victim. But of what and by whom, though?

If you consider the fact that the mother lost a son, then lost a husband (even though I gather they weren't living together at the time of his suicide) it may have had an equally transformative effect on the psyche of both Rudy and his mother. <modsnip: not victim friendly/diagnosing mother with MH condition>

Does anyone know when a person goes missing that you can continue to advertise the person's disappearance and incur the costs associated with it, and at the same time go to court to declare them legally dead? I know there are people who have no choice to declare someone deceased when they are missing but it's usually because they were the sole income provider and there's a life insurance policy.

It's just strange all around but I think Rudy (Dolph) has been suffering for the last 8 years. I just don't know what or why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo we know who is behind this.
Imo Rudy is likely a victim in this entire thing.
Imo there should be an arrest in the near future.

I feel extremely pissed off that Tim Miller took this on and got involved. I’ve said this before but that man is a treasure so I hate to see him waste or misuse his time. He does such good work.

I don’t trust anything until the police say it. I do believe the neighbors though, what’s their incentive to lie? It’s worrying that police haven’t gotten more involved since he was found.

Imo we know who is behind this.
Imo Rudy is likely a victim in this entire thing.
Imo there should be an arrest in the near future.

I feel extremely pissed off that Tim Miller took this on and got involved. I’ve said this before but that man is a treasure so I hate to see him waste or misuse his time. He does such good work.

I don’t trust anything until the police say it. I do believe the neighbors though, what’s their incentive to lie? It’s worrying that police haven’t gotten more involved since he was found.
Thank you so much for this mention of Tim Miller. Agree with your comments. It's getting to be too often that in general the question of the day is what is wrong with people nowadays? Appears not looking ahead and how their actions will affect others?

moo

I remember reading in an early article that the mother was on scene when investigators arrived?(or maybe when press arrived?)

I also wonder if there is any information that will be found out or released about exactly who called 911, because I have my own theories.

So when he was found, what did the family say? What did the mother say? Was this a case of never reporting that her son came back, but not pretending all this time that he was missing? Like they just didn’t let LE know for some reason?

Because clearly he wasn’t being hidden. Neighbors knew he was there. Was he going to school during this time?

What happened when he was “discovered”? What did his family say at that moment?

So weird.

Rudy Farias, mother meet with police to discuss details of his 8-year disappearance:

Published: July 5, 2023 at 1:30 PM

HOUSTON – For days, several questions have lingered regarding the lengthy disappearance of 17-year-old Rudy Farias in 2015. Days after he was discovered outside a Houston church, some questions are being answered today.

At a hotel near Bush Intercontinental Airport, Farias’ mother has been meeting with HPD detectives as well as community activist Quanell X.

Published: July 5, 2023 at 1:30 PM

KPRC 2 Investigates has been told told Rudy Farias is at the hotel for the meeting and that Quanell X has been speaking with the mother over the course of an hour.

New developments will be reported here as they become available on click2houston.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader