Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What cause do they have to ask a grown man to submit DNA to them? Serious question, not snark.

jmo
To verify that he is indeed Rudy Faris, the young man that was "missing" for eight years, and not someone else. If a young man arrived at the hospital unable to speak for himself I would be concerned about releasing to anyone who claimed to be his family.
What if this was NOT Rudy but someone else that was kidnapped, would the hospital allow him to leave with anyone?

To verify that he is indeed Rudy Faris, the young man that was "missing" for eight years, and not someone else. If a young man arrived at the hospital unable to speak for himself I would be concerned about releasing to anyone who claimed to be his family.
FYI: As far as I can tell, he never was at the hospital after being discovered. He went home and the mom posted photos from 2012 claiming she took him to the hospital. The media picked up those photos and ran with them, without verifying they are authentic.

The aunts are not disclaiming this is the real Rudy so unless proven otherwise, I'm assuming it's Rudy (though the blanket thing makes me wonder, I'll be honest. There were other ways to protect his identity than to wrap him in a blanket and parade him around the hotel parking lot.).

jmo

AFAIK, his mother was the only one saying he was "non-verbal" when he was first located. Today during the presser the investigator clearly stated that he (Rudy) denied medical care, and chose to go home with his mother. It sounds to me like he was speaking for himself just fine.

This is one of those cases I'm honestly not sure what to make of, who's really the victim, who's exploiting things, who might just be angry family members and all of that sort of thing. I do think Rudy's mom has been messing with his head for a long time. Possibly also giving him drugs, maybe also doing other creepy things but again, Rudy being an adult, if he doesn't come forward to press charges or get help, not much can be done.

jmo

Unfortunately...he is an adult. If he agreed to go back home with his mother, what really can the police do?

It is a weird situation. If he was nonverbal I'd be hesitant. If Rudy was female would they release him to a family that claimed to know her, but she was nonverbal? If she was ":missing" or "ran away" from someone who abused h

AFAIK, his mother was the only one saying he was "non-verbal" when he was first located. Today during the presser the investigator clearly stated that he (Rudy) denied medical care, and chose to go home with his mother. It sounds to me like he was speaking for himself just fine.

This is one of those cases I'm honestly not sure what to make of, who's really the victim, who's exploiting things, who might just be angry family members and all of that sort of thing. I do think Rudy's mom has been messing with his head for a long time. Possibly also giving him drugs, maybe also doing other creepy things but again, Rudy being an adult, if he doesn't come forward to press charges or get help, not much can be done.

jmo

I do think HPD should bring in an Adult Protection counselor and agency to help Rudy.
He needs help.

Can you elaborate on that? I thought he did a pretty good job of answering questions, and also seemed quite familiar with all the press there. Seemed fairly routine LE presser to me.
So, what don't I know about Houston PD and this chief in particular?
No, I won't elaborate but I will just suggest his actions in particular and the Houston Police Department's as a whole, handled this case ridiculously poorly.
I won't speak for others so I will add that this, of course, is just my opinion.

I keep going back to the fact (I think it's a fact) that the mother traveled to California with a relative to identify a hospitalized John Doe as possibly Rudy, and she was so distraught that she either fainted or had some kind of cardiac episode and was allegedly hospitalized herself.... all while Rudy was alive and well in her own Texas home. Again, this whole thing is bonkers.

I keep going back to the fact (I think it's a fact) that the mother traveled to doCalifornia with a relative to identify a hospitalized John Doe as possibly Rudy, and she was so distraught that she either fainted or had some kind of cardiac episode and was allegedly hospitalized herself.... all while Rudy was alive and well in her own Texas home. Again, this whole thing is bonkers.
Yes, she went to CA and apparently injured herself.....all while knowing Rudy was at home and couldn't possibly be a John Doe in California.

jmo

I keep going back to the fact (I think it's a fact) that the mother traveled to California with a relative to identify a hospitalized John Doe as possibly Rudy, and she was so distraught that she either fainted or had some kind of cardiac episode and was allegedly hospitalized herself.... all while Rudy was alive and well in her own Texas home. Again, this whole thing is bonkers.
Can you link to your source for this info please?

Seems to me QX betrayed his trust when he told the whole world. Why not let investigators know what was said and work hand in hand with them? This wasn't a case of LE versus victim. Not sure he'll ever trust anyone after this.

ETA: I know QX has done some good in the community but I still sadly don't trust his motives. What he pulled yesterday alone could put RF in more danger and blow the case.
A few people on Tiktok brought up that Rudy needs get find care away from his mother and QX. Its being speculated (not proven just speculated) that QX just wanted the clicks/views etc. I really hope at the end of the day someone helps this kid.

HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas man who was reported missing as a teenager in 2015 returned home the next day but he and his mother deceived officers by giving false names over the ensuing eight years, police said Thursday.

Houston police detectives said prosecutors have declined to bring false report charges against Janie Santana and her son, Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV, but that their investigation is continuing.

What if this was NOT Rudy but someone else that was kidnapped, would the hospital allow him to leave with anyone?
The idea that Rudy is nonverbal or incompetent stems from his mother (sometimes posing as an aunt) on social media, which was then picked up and repeated in the media as fact. She is the only source for claims Rudy was unable to speak for himself. At this point, any "facts" from his mother only are suspect.

Rudy is a competent adult. Per HPD, Rudy spoke with them and Houston Fire Dept last week. He spoke to investigators from HPD and the activist yesterday. The neighbors he hung out with refute allegations he is nonverbal. His estranged cousin (who reported sightings of him at his mother's in 2018) talked about Rudy speaking with his grandmother.

Adults who are competent are free to come and go as they please. The responsibility of police and fire departments called to the church a week ago ended when he declined transport. If Rudy did go to the hospital later (a detective indicated he may have), he received any treatment medically indicated, and that's it. He's a competent, verbal adult. Police must apply a search warrant to obtain DNA, which requires probable cause. They have no grounds to do so.

I do think HPD should bring in an Adult Protection counselor and agency to help Rudy.
He needs help.
The police can't bring in protective services. Rudy is not in custody. He's an adult. They can--and they did--refer him to adult protective services and victims assistance services. It is an adult's choice whether to avail themselves of those services. If and when Rudy alleges a crime occurred, police may be able to initiate contact between those services and victims. But as of now, the most they can do is explain the services availability and provide information.

HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas man who was reported missing as a teenager in 2015 returned home the next day but he and his mother deceived officers by giving false names over the ensuing eight years, police said Thursday.

Houston police detectives said prosecutors have declined to bring false report charges against Janie Santana and her son, Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV, but that their investigation is continuing.
Bringing misdemeanor charges now would jeopardize any cooperation they need from Rudy as they investigate whether serious crimes were committed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member