Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole case is just conflicting info, more conflicting info, press conference,conflicting info and confusion.

Out of curiosity.... has any crowdfunding been started for Rudy to get psychiatric help or his own place, away from his mom?

The mom is no stranger to scamming. Wouldn't surprise me if this was ALL one giant scam.

*Edited to add*
Has activist, QX made any additional statements on this whole thing since the LE press conference?

This whole case is just conflicting info, more conflicting info, press conference,conflicting info and confusion.

Out of curiosity.... has any crowdfunding been started for Rudy to get psychiatric help or his own place, away from his mom?

The mom is no stranger to scamming. Wouldn't surprise me if this was ALL one giant scam.

*Edited to add*
Has activist, QX made any additional statements on this whole thing since the LE press conference?
I hope nobody sets up a Go Fund Me for Rudy at this point. He is still closely tied to his mother, who has a history of soliciting donations for causes that may not be as described. See the article from 2012, which the station took down within days because its veracity was in doubt.

Rudy has services available to him already. He's been informed. If/when he utilizes those, that'll indicate is ready for further treatment and donations may be appropriate.

AFAIK, his mother was the only one saying he was "non-verbal" when he was first located. Today during the presser the investigator clearly stated that he (Rudy) denied medical care, and chose to go home with his mother. It sounds to me like he was speaking for himself just fine.

This is one of those cases I'm honestly not sure what to make of, who's really the victim, who's exploiting things, who might just be angry family members and all of that sort of thing. I do think Rudy's mom has been messing with his head for a long time. Possibly also giving him drugs, maybe also doing other creepy things but again, Rudy being an adult, if he doesn't come forward to press charges or get help, not much can be done.

jmo
She also said he had lost so much weight, and his skin tone was so dark he was almost unrecognizable. He didn’t look thin at all to me. But of course now we know, per LE, that she was lying about all of that, and prob most everything else, IMO.

I hope nobody sets up a Go Fund Me for Rudy at this point. He is still closely tied to his mother, who has a history of soliciting donations for causes that may not be as described. See the article from 2012, which the station took down within days because its veracity was in doubt.

Rudy has services available to him already. He's been informed. If/when he utilizes those, that'll indicate is ready for further treatment and donations may be appropriate.

I’m shocked this was even published!!! Shame!

His mother says she doesn't know how much longer Rudy's mental strength will last, strength she herself has relied on.

"He's the one who tells me 'mommy we'll be okay as long as we have each other’."”

Parentification right there. ETA: I don’t necessarily believe this statement but even if fabricated, it shows how she views him. This was in 2012 - he was 11 and yet, he was the one emailing banks, the mayors office, reassuring her and saving her. Again even if fabricated (most likely), she’s putting him in the role of parent and herself as child even in her fabrications.

Don't know...but the most emotion shown by the Chief in the press conference was when he talked about the possibility of the police having both dash cams AND body cams.
I think he might have hinted at maybe someone could start a go-fund-me to raise funds for that.

QX is the only one making those accusations though. The investigator clearly stated that Rudy did not.
So in this case, Rudy being the potential victim, if he's not making the accusation what can LE do?
Not much. Just refer it to adult protective services and continue to investigate. Which is exactly what they’ve done.

Maybe we have a case where someone is a scammer and someone else is mentally ill. I don’t know.

The police can't bring in protective services. Rudy is not in custody. He's an adult. They can--and they did--refer him to adult protective services and victims assistance services. It is an adult's choice whether to avail themselves of those services. If and when Rudy alleges a crime occurred, police may be able to initiate contact between those services and victims. But as of now, the most they can do is explain the services availability and provide information.

But he doesn't seem he is fit to make these decisions on his own. This is absolutely terrifying!

The police can't bring in protective services. Rudy is not in custody. He's an adult. They can--and they did--refer him to adult protective services and victims assistance services. It is an adult's choice whether to avail themselves of those services. If and when Rudy alleges a crime occurred, police may be able to initiate contact between those services and victims. But as of now, the most they can do is explain the services availability and provide information.

But he doesn't seem he is fit to make these decisions on his own. This is absolutely terrifying!

To be clear, I have no doubt Rudy was abused and manipulated by his mother. The posts from years ago under his FB profile show a young teen assuring his mother that he will always take care of her and that she and his deceased brother are his whole world. I don't know who wrote those posts, but clearly the mother was parentifying the child in unhealthy ways. I expect it would have escalated as he got older. But whether that manipulation was criminal is another matter.
Replying to my own post to follow up.

This article is a major reason I first had doubts about the veracity of Rudy's mother. Her manipulation of her children stands out. The truth is shaded to engender sympathy (implication from headline that Charles is or had been an active duty Marine, for instance). All information comes directly from Janie and was unverified by the reporter.

Rudy is portrayed as a desperately ill and grieving child who is valiantly waging a letter-writing campaign to save cherished mementos of his deceased brother/father figure and keep a roof over the family's heads. If accurate, it smacks of parentification of a child: it puts the onus on the child to save his mother. If not accurate, it shows the lengths Janie goes to engender sympathy for financial benefit. Rudy was manipulated from an early age, groomed, a pawn.

After the story aired, the station removed the story within a day or two. IMO viewers contacted the station disputing things Janie told them about Rudy's condition or their financial situation, and the station did not want to participate in possible grift.

I really wish there was a way for a counselor specializing in trauma to speak to Rudy w/o his mother.
It disturbs me to think he was held for eight years and possibly molested/sexually assaulted by his own mother all those years.
As a society, we need to do better to help those that are suffering from trauma to get help!

I really wish there was a way for a counselor specializing in trauma to speak to Rudy w/o his mother.
It disturbs me to think he was held for eight years and possibly molested/sexually assaulted by his own mother all those years.
As a society, we need to do better to help those that are suffering from trauma to get help!
Yea. I totally understand taking away any rights from an adult is a very, very slipperly slope. However, in cases where parental abuse or manipulation is even considered, the adult child should be given an advocate immediately. Maybe he has one. Idk. But just connecting an abuse victim, if he is one, with APS isn’t going to do anything.

Ok, so...before the press conference, there was some type of police presence at the family home, right? Unless I just can't find it now, I haven't seen any more buzz about it since the press conference.
Yes, the MSM showed Houston Crime Scene trucks and Houston PD cars parked on the street in front of the house.

There is no evidence he is not of sound mind or incapable of expressing himself beyond his mother's claims. Everyone else who has had direct in-person contact with Rudy refutes that.

So he can speak now, but refuses any counseling and only trust QX and one investigator to tell he was abused.
It doesn't raise any eyebrows for further investigation from the HPD, that is deeply disturbing to me.

Had no idea they were doing live updates, thanks for the link.

"Quanell X, the community activist and counsellor who first aired allegations that Mr Farias was abused by his mother Janie Santana, has doubled down on those claims after they were denied by police.

“I believe that Rudy is absolutely a victim,” Quanell X told The Independent’s Sheila Flynn shortly after Houston police said Mr Farias is not considered a victim at Thursday’s press conference.

He went on to repeat claims he made to reporters the day before after sitting in on a meeting between Mr Farias and detectives.

In that meeting, Quanell X claimed Mr Farias said he was hidden in his mother’s home and subjected to abuse for eight years after she reported him missing.

Police maintain that Mr Farias did not report abuse in the meeting, but did confirm that Mr Farias was never actually missing.

Speaking to The Independent, Quanell X accused police of “trying to hide from conducting a shady sham investigation”.

It’s all confusing as hell to me now,” he said."

bbm. Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members