Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so...before the press conference, there was some type of police presence at the family home, right? Unless I just can't find it now, I haven't seen any more buzz about it since the press conference.
LE addressed that at the presser, saying a break-in was reported during the night and LE investigated. That is my recollection - the link to the presser is upthread.

jmo

It's a shame the DA wouldn't pursue the false statement to police charges or whatever it was they were trying toget her on.

Realize Houston is a huge city with probably a great deal of larger, violent crimes with more bigger fish to fry than their police department & courts can easily handle but it stinks that scammers can scam the public, waste LEs time & resources thus wasting taxpayers' dollars and not just get away with it, but maybe walk away with a few bucks too.

Yea. I totally understand taking away any rights from an adult is a very, very slipperly slope. However, in cases where parental abuse or manipulation is even considered, the adult child should be given an advocate immediately. Maybe he has one. Idk. But just connecting an abuse victim, if he is one, with APS isn’t going to do anything.

I wouldn't want him to lose his rights but be given an opportunity to see a counselor away from his mother. I hope relatives can step in and help advocate for him.

I don’t get it. Rudy’s cousin’s grandmother was living with Rudy’s mother? And Rudy would come by to check on her? I’m so confused. Did the extended family know or not know that he was missing?
Wouldn’t the grandmother be amazed upon seeing Rudy, instead of saying, “oh yeah. Rudy stopped by.”

And if the mother was abusing Rudy, did the grandmother not see any of that?

And what house did the cousin think he was living behind? And why behind?

Neighbors also hung out with him. Were they unaware he had been reported missing?

This is strange.
Looking at their address on google earth......there is a second separate building behind the house....possibly a garage, which may had been converted into a living space? Either for grandma or Rudy.

LE addressed that at the presser, saying a break-in was reported during the night and LE investigated. That is my recollection - the link to the presser is upthread.

jmo
Thank you, I was working while the presser was going on so I had to keep the volume low. I didn't get everything and planned to go back and listen.

It's a shame the DA wouldn't pursue the false statement to police charges or whatever it was they were trying toget her on.

Realize Houston is a huge city with probably a great deal of larger, violent crimes with more bigger fish to fry than their police department & courts can easily handle but it stinks that scammers can scam the public, waste LEs time & resources thus wasting taxpayers' dollars and not just get away with it, but maybe walk away with a few bucks too.

They could and should, she wasted tax payer's money lying about him being kidnapped by human traffickers.

So he can speak now, but refuses any counseling and only trust QX and one investigator to tell he was abused.
It doesn't raise any eyebrows for further investigation from the HPD, that is deeply disturbing to me.
The way I understood it, Rudy didn't want to speak to anyone with his mom in the room.
He agreed to speak to QX, and also have a Houston detective/investigator in the room as well.
I believe all of that info came from QX directly, when he spoke to MSM yesterday.

QX and the detective/investigator came out of that room with 2 completely opposite stories of what Rudy said.

QX's version is the shocking, controversial, outrageous terrible version of years of mental and sexual abuse.
HPD's version is, Rudy never alleged any abuse, and no one was arrested and Rudy and his mom drove away.

So... :oops: I'm still confused.

I don’t get it. Rudy’s cousin’s grandmother was living with Rudy’s mother? And Rudy would come by to check on her? I’m so confused. Did the extended family know or not know that he was missing?
Wouldn’t the grandmother be amazed upon seeing Rudy, instead of saying, “oh yeah. Rudy stopped by.”

Neighbors also hung out with him. Were they unaware he had been reported missing?

This is strange.

The mother moved to a new neighborhood, so the neighbors didn't know he was missing.

Originally we heard that he was living behind a house, but my new understanding is that they reported that he was back home with his mom, and the police did investigate but didn't find him at that time.

The mother moved to a new neighborhood, so the neighbors didn't know he was missing.

Originally we heard that he was living behind a house, but my new understanding is that they reported that he was back home with his mom, and the police did investigate but didn't find him at that time.
Thanks. That answers a lot.

bbm. That also makes me go hmm... because the aunts in one of the news conference videos showed a picture of Rudy in the house they said LE sent to them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 21.16.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 21.16.54.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 90
bbm. That also makes me go hmm... because the aunts in one of the news conference videos showed a picture of Rudy in the house they said LE sent to them.

I think the Daily Mail claimed that police interacted with Rudy and his mom but they gave LE fake names so they say they never knew it was him.

Activist doubles down on claim Rudy Farias was sexually abused by mom

Santana and Rudy had contact with police since he was reported missing, but Finner said they provided fake names and date of births, which allowed the young man to go unnoticed for years, even as neighbors and family often spotted him.

This is strange.
She moved to a new house in 2019 IIRC.

The way I understood it, Rudy didn't want to speak to anyone with his mom in the room.
He agreed to speak to QX, and also have a Houston detective/investigator in the room as well.
I believe all of that info came from QX directly, when he spoke to MSM yesterday.

QX and the detective/investigator came out of that room with 2 completely opposite stories of what Rudy said.

QX's version is the shocking, controversial, outrageous terrible version of years of mental and sexual abuse.
HPD's version is, Rudy never alleged any abuse, and no one was arrested and Rudy and his mom drove away.

So... :oops: I'm still confused.
I don’t completely trust either at this point, but my trust in HPD is dwindling even further considering that filing a false report at the very least seems like it warrants charges. Maybe they legitimately are still investigating, but idk…

MOO

So he can speak now, but refuses any counseling and only trust QX and one investigator to tell he was abused.
It doesn't raise any eyebrows for further investigation from the HPD, that is deeply disturbing to me.
You'll be relieved to know that's not the case.

The police chief and the detectives stated repeatedly at the press conference that the investigation is ongoing.

The detective who was in the room with Rudy and Quanell stated that Rudy did not allege abuse or any crime occurred. He did not elaborate because of the ongoing investigation.

Another detective stated that the DA declined to press charges for false reporting. He explained it is a misdemeanor, comparable to a parking ticket. That news indicates that police have been working with the DA on possible charges as they are investigating. Charging for a misdemeanor like that would discourage Rudy's cooperation as the investigation continues.

I hope what the police said at the press conference puts your mind at ease. The investigation is active.

My biggest problem with the police press conference - the reason why I did a double take on the chief - is when he basically said that when Rudy first went missing (chief said he was 17), and basically said he was an adult then too! He said - he is a grown man (now)- he was an adult at 17 (then). (at minute mark 27:12 at video posted above) This guy genuinely seems irritated by this case. I don't think he wants to investigate. It is a mess, and Rudy did lie to them, but he is missing the point that this WAS a vulnerable young man who has obviously been manipulated by his mother. She wasted tax payer money on the investigation that she knew was wrong.

Also, IF the suggested trauma occurred, then it is a crime.

Incest is a crime in all states, even if consensual by both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay