Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On Thursday, Houston police confirmed that Farias had returned home the very next day after the mom reported him missing — and had remained there all along.

Like much of mom Janie Santana's story, "Rudy's dogs" may also be fictitious, two private eyes told Insider.

"Where were those dogs?" licensed Texas investigator Martin Renteria wondered in a phone call on Thursday."

----------
"But I found a letter that was a letter from Rudy to his mother, written in cursive," she said.

"And we took it, and compared it to other pieces of Janie's handwriting, and realized she wrote it," she added. "It matched her handwriting perfectly."

In the supposed "Dear Mom" letter, Farias — or whoever penned it — "explained" that he'd run away on purpose."

The case of a Texas man who was reported missing as a teenager in 2015 and found alive last week at a church took an unexpected turn Thursday when police revealed it all was a hoax — the man was only gone for a day, but he and his mother maintained the ruse for eight years by using false names.

Prosecutors did not file any charges against Janie Santana and her son, Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV, but the investigation is continuing, Houston police detectives said. They gave few other details about where they believe the case could lead.

“We’re upset that (authorities) are not going to do anything,” Pauline Sanchez Rodriguez, Farias’ aunt, said as she and other family members stood outside Houston police headquarters.

Investigators concluded Farias returned home the day after he was reported missing but “the mother, Janie, continued to deceive police by remaining adamant that Rudy was still missing,” Lt. Christopher Zamora said during a news conference.

During the past eight years, Farias and his mother had various interactions with officers, police said.

Ready for more twists?

"The embattled mom of 'missing' Rudy Farias was accused of bigamy by a former husband who demanded an annulment just a year into their marriage, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Gilbert Quiroz claimed that he wed Janie Santana on October 23, 2012, only to discover she was legally married to 'at least one' of five other possible spouses."

Okay, a bizarre thought just came in my head: Was that really Rudy at the hotel yesterday? He was completely covered - could it have been someone else? It's not as if QX knew Rudy and could confirm his identity.

I know that is a crazy thought! I hope I'm wrong and that the case will finally take some shape in the real world of facts.

jmo
I wondered that as well. And why Rudy would suddenly start talking to a stranger about his SA, in such depth and so quickly, with a LE in the room that he was supposedly terrified of? QX said he was there to help, but how could Rudy be sure of his intentions?

Moo. But I’ve never been a big fan of QX’s methods.

I wondered that as well. And why Rudy would suddenly start talking to a stranger about his SA, in such depth and so quickly, with a LE in the room that he was supposedly terrified of? QX said he was there to help, but how could Rudy be sure of his intentions?

Moo. But I’ve never been a big fan of QX’s methods.

He did help in the Maleah Davis case. JMO

Did you notice the twitter comment right below this ?
Yep.
Am overworking the "wow" emoji reaction !
This case appears to have been mishandled by nearly everyone involved.
It looks like there is a connection between this young man's 'missing' status and events that happened in his family, like no one wants this to go public ?
Except that the more it's suppressed , the more it's becoming a story.
My .02.

Ready for more twists?

"The embattled mom of 'missing' Rudy Farias was accused of bigamy by a former husband who demanded an annulment just a year into their marriage, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Gilbert Quiroz claimed that he wed Janie Santana on October 23, 2012, only to discover she was legally married to 'at least one' of five other possible spouses."

Bolded by me.
Crazy.
It's better if this Rudy can be kept safe and for her to not contact him, my opinion.

Possibility of charges for fund-raising fraud?? (The crowd-sourcing site's name is not allowed on WS, but it's the most well-known one.)

"The fundraising platform said in a statement on Thursday that Janie Santana had been permanently banned from {insert funding-site name} and from all future beneficiary opportunities after the bizarre scam came to light this week.

'{Insert funding-site name} has zero tolerance for the misuse of our platform and cooperates with law enforcement investigations and those accused of wrongdoing,' the spokesperson said in a statement to NewsWeek."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...59.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper