Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston Police say Rudy Farias had contact with officers while he was reported missing. Fake names were given to officers by his mother and Rudy.

Houston Police say at this point the district attorney has declined to charge Rudy Farias' mother. Police say they have connected Rudy with victim services.

Houston Police say at this point the district attorney has declined to charge Rudy Farias' mother. Police say they have connected Rudy with victim services.

Houston Police say there were no reports of sexual abuse during their interview with Rudy Farias. Tips continue to come in.

Houston Police chief says they are not questioning anyone's integrity -- but they have no reports of sexual abuse involving Rudy Farias.

"Is Rudy a victim in all this?" "I'm not going to say if he is a victim or not," the Houston Police chief says. Chief says they are at the beginning of the investigation and the investigation is ongoing.

"Rudy is safe. He is with his mother. He is a 25 year old man."- Houston Police.

A lot of confusion about what is going on with the Rudy Farias situation. We are working hard on it -- will dig as much as we can and have more on Banfield tonight on @NewsNation 10pmET.

If you’ve been following the Rudy Farias mystery —- Quanell X will join me live on @NewsNation at 10pmET. A lot to unpack with him. He claims Rudy said he was abused. Police are saying the opposite.

Ready for more twists?

"The embattled mom of 'missing' Rudy Farias was accused of bigamy by a former husband who demanded an annulment just a year into their marriage, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Gilbert Quiroz claimed that he wed Janie Santana on October 23, 2012, only to discover she was legally married to 'at least one' of five other possible spouses."

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any crazier, now this!

JULY 7, 2023
[...]

Officers said there was no disclosure of sexual assault during their interview with Farias, though when asked if Farias mentioned a sexual relationship with his mother, police said they do not release any information on sexual assault cases.

Authorities also declined to say whether Farias was a victim or accomplice in deceiving police, though they did say referrals had been made to adult protective services and victims services. Officers would also not comment on whether Farias or Santana suffered from mental illness.

Officers stressed that there is an ongoing investigation into what happened during the eight years that Farias was reportedly missing and that they would follow the evidence to determine what, if any, charges would be appropriate.

FWIW I think we're seeing a convergence of bias and semantics.

There are many who think captive means restraints, but the most insidious abuse IMO is when the victim is free to leave/get help but doesn't-- because of the overwhelming, pervasive grooming/gaslighting/mind-bending that leave a victim unsure of which way is up. Parentalizing a child adds the unfair burden of the emotional management of the adult victimizer. "You're bad if you don't meet my emotional needs."

Based on the various interviews to date, I'm of the opinion that Rudy is a victim of emotional, financial and sexual abuse -- while simultaneously having absorbed responsibility for it and for his mother, and while he courageously wanted to break free of, he didn't have the heart to get his mom in trouble. Ah, the art of the abuser. "You're the bad one of you tell." And for that reason -- his tragic allegiance to his captor -- that he skirted the phrase 'sexual abuse' -- because them thar's fighting words and she'd have been arrested and stayed arrested, and while we might want that, he doesn't, as he's been trained to keep her secrets. Stockholmy.

WE can read between lines, O can read between lines (daddy, nudity, showering, kissing -- paints a pretty clear picture) -- she didn't "respect his boundaries" -- That's euphemistic if ever there were euphemisms.

I think OUR confusion on the thread here is HIS confusion. He's still trying to protect his victimizer. That happens. Sadly.

IMO he did reveal a lot. Enough to establish distance, in his mind, but stopped short of the charge which she be arrested for. At 14, he likely was well aware how wrong it was but even then I bet the grooming started much earlier and she made what's wrong right and right wrong at a time when he had few resources and fewer recourse. He was captive. She was the offender but she convinced a mere child to be her emotional crutch. So so so wrong and altogether criminal.

it may take him decades to unpack the depravity of what was done to him. Not just to his body but to his psyche. I hope he will take full advantages of resources now, including legal counsel, so he can break all the way free of the harm and headgames he's endured, by learning that, if she goes to prison, he didn't cause that; she did.

Perhaps one day righteous anger will boil up in his belly once he realizes what all was stolen from him, that he might confront it, testify against it and conquer it.

Jmo

Last edited:
I don't think HPD are saying the opposite to what QX is saying or are implying he's making stuff up.
They are talking about THEIR investigation and THEIR interview.
imo. Just the impression I got anyway.

Ready for more twists?

"The embattled mom of 'missing' Rudy Farias was accused of bigamy by a former husband who demanded an annulment just a year into their marriage, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Gilbert Quiroz claimed that he wed Janie Santana on October 23, 2012, only to discover she was legally married to 'at least one' of five other possible spouses."

Just what the heck ,this just keeps getting weirder

Houston Police say Rudy Farias had contact with officers while he was reported missing. Fake names were given to officers by his mother and Rudy.

Houston Police say there were no reports of sexual abuse during their interview with Rudy Farias. Tips continue to come in.

Houston Police chief says they are not questioning anyone's integrity -- but they have no reports of sexual abuse involving Rudy Farias.

"Is Rudy a victim in all this?" "I'm not going to say if he is a victim or not," the Houston Police chief says. Chief says they are at the beginning of the investigation and the investigation is ongoing.

"Rudy is safe. He is with his mother. He is a 25 year old man."- Houston Police.

A lot of confusion about what is going on with the Rudy Farias situation. We are working hard on it -- will dig as much as we can and have more on Banfield tonight on @NewsNation 10pmET.

If you’ve been following the Rudy Farias mystery —- Quanell X will join me live on @NewsNation at 10pmET. A lot to unpack with him. He claims Rudy said he was abused. Police are saying the opposite.

I can't help but wonder if this all would be handled much differently if Rudy were a woman. I suspect it would. JMO

I think mom's every action is guided by WIIFM thinking (What's In It For Me). She is a fraud and a really bad human being. She's made international news and has the Houston police stymied. I bet she continues to work on her WIIFM planning.
moo

I think mom's every action is guided by WIIFM thinking (What's In It For Me). She is a fraud and a really bad human being. She's made international news and has the Houston police stymied. I bet she continues to work on her WIIFM planning.
moo
100% agree, though I think HPD knows what they are dealing with. I know that's not a popular opinion at the moment, but my hunch is HPD knew she's a fraud from the start. They aren't playing along, though I do wish they'd pursue some fraud charges at minimum.

jmo, subject to change.

I don't think HPD are saying the opposite to what QX is saying or are implying he's making stuff up.
They are talking about THEIR investigation and THEIR interview.
imo. Just the impression I got anyway.
Agreed.
And I also think that the PD can only proceed (to a degree) given what the victim is willing to divulge.
In regards to the excellent post # 812 (Thx, @Megnut !); it could take time and even years for this woman's victim to reveal what exactly happened to him.
For what it's worth, I think that Rudy is a victim !
My opinion.

100% agree, though I think HPD knows what they are dealing with. I know that's not a popular opinion at the moment, but my hunch is HPD knew she's a fraud from the start. They aren't playing along, though I do wish they'd pursue some fraud charges at minimum.

jmo, subject to change.
I understand that lying to LE can result in charges and possible jail time ?

There are many who think captive means restraints, but the most insidious abuse IMO is when the victim is free to leave/get help but doesn't-- because of the overwhelming, pervasive grooming/gaslighting/mind-bending that leave a victim unsure of which way is up. Parentalizing a child adds the unfair burden of the emotional management of the adult victimizer. "You're bad if you don't meet my emotional needs."
Thank you for bringing this up. I went through a time in my life when I was in a DV situation, and while it took me some time, I did get out. Those who didn't get out, are his kids. Now 18, 19, 13 and 11 now. He has full custody and is neglectful and abusive. The only time they ever has any semblance of normal was after their father abandoned them here when he finally left. But I could not keep them, for my own safety, they kept allowing him back inside which was leading to further abuse. They didn't have a choice but to obey him
But they can't leave. There is nowhere for them to go. Not one family member will risk his wrath if they run, and they have been Noncontact with him for over 10 years, so they have no concept of just how bad it is in that house.

They were isolated and not in school their entire lives and know nothing but living s home of violence and drugs, along with chronic homelessness...so they don't know HOW to leave. They don't get friends outside the family until they hit around age 18, so that is 18 years of brainwashing to keep them handicapped. (He kept them for the welfare money and section 8)

This is just one example of how a parent abuser can manipulate and control adult children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper