Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
QX's interview with Fox 26.

QX says here that at one point after his meeting with RF, they were standing at the door and Janie started badgering RF, "What did you tell them, what did you tell them? If you tell them about what I did to you, tell them about the abuse, I'll kill myself." He said several of them there heard this, heard her say that if he didn't change his story she would kill herself.

QX also repeated what he said earlier, that she convinced him there were warrants out for his arrest for running away. And that Janie gave RF drugs, including mushrooms, and that she would get high with him.

He also says he has "proof" of what was said, but wouldn't specify. (Secret recording?)

<modsnip - not an approved source>

IMO, while I don't agree with QX's tactics, I do believe he's being honest. But unless he got RF's permission to go public with everything said, he shouldn't have done so. jmo
I find QX in this interview to be very professional and I'm comfortable at this point believing what he says. I hope he is able to be a voice for Rudy. IMO Rudy needs legal council. Hopefully QX will be able to get the ball rolling with adult services and LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are so close to our goal for the server.
We need 120.00 more dollars and the server bill gets paid!!!!
Below are the ways you can donate.

PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

Please do not discuss the fundraiser on this thread.
Click here to post any questions or comments

Thank You!

Tricia Griffith/Owner

"Quanell suggested police aren’t being honest about what they were told and know.

'The sergeant detective sat right next to me for the entire hour and 15 minutes that Rudy talked to both of us', Quanell said. 'The exact explicit details that I’ve shared were the exact details that were shared with the sergeant detective sitting right next to me."

First time I am seeing it reported that a HPD detective heard the conversation RF had with QX.

Source:

I agree with those who say we don't know much yet. Imo we can say the mother is highly unreliable, but what else?

Do we actually know Rudy's whereabouts for the entire past eight years?

Do we know that the guy with the blanket over his head was Rudy Farias for sure?

Re Quanell X, those who live in Houston will likely know him as a highly controversial character. A quick internet search will back this up. He is a status quo disruptor, which can be good or bad, depending, but also not an investigator or an attorney.

I tried looking up the mother's various names and locations (various cities in Texas and California). I didn't find any criminal records or mugshots. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything but it surprised me.

MOO :)

Last edited:
You know, when the news first broke that Rudy had been found, I thought that posting pics of him (and all of his injuries) was the oddest thing. If my son had been missing, the last thing I would do is post photos of him and subject him to more indignities.

So odd.

Do we know how and why he was found at the church? Did he run away?

You nailed it with the statement an abused, manipulated person doesn't know HOW to leave. Where would Rudy have gone? On the streets? How could he get a job without being able to give his ID and without proof of education, job history, etc. He was in an impossible situation and his mother created that situation. jmo
Totally agree. She has also maintained that he suffered from PTSD, anxiety and depression. Maybe he does...but it might just be from the gaslighting he has experienced over the years along with being told how sick he is. IMO.

Like many on here, I try to approach cases like an investigator would, instead of falling into emotion or jumping to conclusions, even when those conclusions seem likely. This is a bizarre case with many twists and turns. Which makes the usual assumptions even less safe bets.

I agree with those who say we don't know much yet. Imo we can say the mother is highly unreliable, but what else do we really know?

For ex, I have not seen anyone on here claim that Rudy was definitely not a victim and I think we all get it that males and adults can be victimized too and that there's a huge psychological component involved.

But LE has interviewed him and has not named Rudy as a crime victim at this point. For one example, we're assuming Rudy was at his mother's house and under her thumb since birth. However, do we actually know his whereabouts for the entire past eight years?

Do we know that the guy with the blanket over his head was Rudy Farias? Does Rudy have an ID or were his fingerprints or DNA ever taken? Was LE able to verify his identity? After all, his mother has quite the bag of tricks up her sleeve.

Re Quanell X, those who live in Houston will likely know him as a highly controversial character. A quick internet search will back this up. He is a status quo disruptor, which can be good or bad, depending. He is also not an investigator or an attorney so I don't consider his statements verified facts.

I tried looking up the mother's various names and locations (various cities in Texas and California). I did not find any criminal records or mugshots. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything but it surprised me.

That's all I have for now. :)
I wondered if the blanket person was in fact Rudy, but now that he has met extended family, I'm sure it is him. Even after eight years, they would recognize him.

jmo

You know, when the news first broke that Rudy had been found, I thought that posting pics of him (and all of his injuries) was the oddest thing. If my son had been missing, the last thing I would do is post photos of him and subject him to more indignities.

So odd.

Do we know how and why he was found at the church? Did he run away?
According to his aunts, those photos were fake and from 2012. I agree that I thought it was very strange to post them. Then again, I'm not looking for sympathy (and donations) from strangers, which I suspect she was doing, imo.
my opinion

I am curious about the run-ins with LE over the past few years. LE said that they have given false names. How do police know that? If they were given false names, how do they now know it was Rudy and his mom? I wonder what those run-ins were about. Such a strange, strange twisting and turning case.

Totally agree. She has also maintained that he suffered from PTSD, anxiety and depression. Maybe he does...but it might just be from the gaslighting he has experienced over the years along with being told how sick he is. IMO.
Imagine being raised in that environment.
It will take deprogramming to help him see the world in another way than how his mother his dishonestly ran their lives. I wish him the very best in the road to reality. His extended family seems strong and I hope that is the case.

jmo

I am curious about the run-ins with LE over the past few years. LE said that they have given false names. How do police know that? If they were given false names, how do they now know it was Rudy and his mom? I wonder what those run-ins were about. Such a strange, strange twisting and turning case.
I’m thinking they looked up calls associated with their current and previous addresses?

Eta I think it’s also possible that officers may recognize them from calls they had previously responded to, too.

I find QX in this interview to be very professional and I'm comfortable at this point believing what he says. I hope he is able to be a voice for Rudy. IMO Rudy needs legal council. Hopefully QX will be able to get the ball rolling with adult services and LE.
I too feel comfortable with believing QX.
This young man needs serious emotional help and etc.....

That's been reported several times, though I think other articles referred to an 'investigator' rather than a 'detective.'
I am spread too thin amongst the news stories I am following I guess. What threw me was that the police yesterday claimed that RF only spoke to QX about the SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper