Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link above:

"The mom gave investigators the wrong year of birth and "we had to redo the flyers," she said.

"He was 18 when he went missing," Paradise said Wednesday night.

"Tonight I found the original intake form. It shows that mom wrote the wrong date. She said he was 17."

More from the link:

When searchers found an asthma inhaler and a backpack at the disappearance scene, and forwarded photos, family members quickly said they belonged to Farias. But after these items were forwarded to police, they turned out not to belong to Farias at all.

"Rudy never even had asthma," Paradise said.

I have never understood why the HPD lets Quanell sit in on ANY of these - is he at least a registered lawyer, if he's not these questioned detainee's people's retained lawyer?! - and yet, this hasn't been the first time he's been purported to be in an interrogation room either.
I totally agree. He's not an attorney but has declared himself a leader of the Black community. He also charges people for his assistance. And as I'm sure we know around here, there are good reasons the actual trained investigators keep things quiet while they finish their investigation. Otherwise, people are tipped off and etc.

I do get it that people of color in particular often have cause to be leery of the justice system and like to have an activist on their side, to help keep things fair. But imo he goes too far beyond that. It seems he too much just wants to be the center of attention himself. There have been a lot of complaints, many of them from the people he was supposed to be assisting.

Last edited:
I guess this explains why he was discovered as he was when he was. It looks like it was a planned scheme to take donations.

"As questions emerged about Rudy's whereabouts over the last eight years, his mother deleted a account she had created for medical costs."

I just saw this in the DM. Wth? o_O

I totally agree. He's not an attorney but apparently charges people for his assistance. And as I'm sure we know around here, there are good reasons the actual trained investigators keep things quiet while they finish their investigation.

I do get it that people of color in particular often have cause to be leery of the justice system and like to have an activist on their side, to help keep things fair. But imo he goes too far beyond that. It seems he too much just wants to be the center of attention himself. There have been a lot of complaints, many of them from the people he was supposed to be assisting.

From my perspective, it was Quanell who Rudy decided he could talk to today. Other than Quanell, Rudy was clinging to his mom. For whatever reason, he trusted this man. Tonight, if his mother was the only person to speak with LE, Rudy would not be provided with any relief and would be back in the clutches of his alleged abuser. I won't pass judgment on this man as he was the one who helped get a mother in Texas to confess to her daughter's killing. And, now he is there for Rudy.

Let's not forget that one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims was sent back to his home with him because of a communication issue. Thank goodness Rudy had a person he felt he could talk to.

This is giving me echoes of that case where the mom had Munchausen by Proxy and the disabled daughter eventually ran off with her boyfriend. (The Gypsy Rose Blanchard case.)

Only in this case I'm wondering if Rudy is even more of a victim due to intellectual or mental health issues.

Ok this article blew my mind further, which I didn't think was possible at this point.
This woman is shameless IMO. And if the neighbors hadn’t spoken up about Rudy living with his mom, I honestly think this woman would have brazened this whole thing out with claims that her non-verbal son refuses to talk to anyone. Houston PD certainly wasn’t going to make any noise over it until the neighbors spoke up. JMO

That MAY be true. And if you read my posts about him, I said that part would be fine and I get that. However, going in front of the news cameras is not part of that. The LE announcement makes it pretty clear he was not working with them when he chose to do that.
I think someone needed to light a fire under LE on this one. For whatever reason, they seemed all too willing to let this woman scurry back under a rock.

From my perspective, it was Quanell who Rudy decided he could talk to today. Other than Quanell, Rudy was clinging to his mom. For whatever reason, he trusted this man. Tonight, if his mother was the only person to speak with LE, Rudy would not be provided with any relief and would be back in the clutches of his alleged abuser. I won't pass judgment on this man as he was the one who helped get a mother in Texas to confess to her daughter's killing. And, now he is there for Rudy.

Let's not forget that one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims was sent back to his home with him because of a communication issue. Thank goodness Rudy had a person he felt he could talk to.
I am also glad Quanell was able to get Rudy to speak, but ... where is Rudy now? I have read he left the hotel with his mother. Do we have any definitive information that Rudy is in good, safe hands right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader