Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not reviewed the bond conditions for her Nov 2020 offense but I don't believe TB eligible for release.

Typically, a bond is revoked if the defendant commits a felony while under bond release. I believe she had a court hearing mid- May but to my knowledge, she's still under prior bond conditions.

I don't think TB is going anywhere... MOO

ETA: Confirming TB was on bond release when arrested.

Janelle Bludau@JanelleKHOU

NEW: Previous mug shots of Theresa Balboa, the woman taken into custody at the Jasper motel where the body of Samuel Olson, 6, is believed to be found. Balboa was out on bond from an assault charge in November, which alleges she assaulted Dalton Olson, Sam’s father.
@KHOU

9:15 AM · Jun 2, 2021 from Jasper, TX·Twitter for iPhone
Gosh she’s really having a good time! Seems like she takes criminal charges real seriously. Moo

I'm 16 pages behind, but I hope the person that took her to the motel is different from the roommate because atleast then he may not have been sure what he was helping her do, but realized after moving the tote for her that something was very wrong and called police as soon as he got away from her. I guess I'm just hoping that (a minimum of 3) three people were not ok with covering up the death of a child. Jmo
Yes, there are two different people, her ex-boyfriend/roommate and the friend that drove her to the motel.

Why has this thread not been move to the Located forum yet?
I don't believe he's been formally ID'd yet.
I believe that's coming after autopsy by the Harris county ME.
It's been a rough go finding him here Case Status since he won't be listed by name and I've tried numerous dates and still can't find him.

Is anybo

Is anybody else having trouble watching the video? I can watch briefly and then it says unable to view.

I was able to watch the whole thing. Mainly discussed again that Samuel passed according to roommate 5/10 and Dad saying he talked to his son on 5/21 and also talked on 5/22 with TB and heard him in the background.

Child abandonment / endangerment, Texas:

(a) In this section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult would leave a child of that age and ability.
(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm.

Section 22.041 - Abandoning Or Endangering Child, Tex. Pen. Code § 22.041 | Casetext Search + Citator

I believe it was posted upthread that she would need to come up with $50,000 at this time. If additional charges are added (which I hope will come soon) she may not be bondable at all. (Pleassssse).
To be clear -- the State has already filed a motion to revoke TB's current bond after she allegedly traveled to Jasper County Texas, in violation of her bond release -- in addition to committing another felony. Today, TB was also indicted by the grand jury for the Nov 2020 assault on DO.

I don't think TB is going to leave jail. :)

Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

Last edited:
It sounds ominous.

Now, see, I just assumed they were sleeping---it was 3:30 in the morning, after all. He had a long drive back to Houston.
Per the charging document (instrument) which can be read on the Office of the Harris County District Clerk's website (I Linked earlier today with instructions on how to read images/documents on the site), DW left the Best Western Hotel/Motel in Jasper, TX and drove home. His home is listed in Coldspring, TX which is about 78 miles southwest of Jasper.

He was not residing in Houston. He did not return to Houston.

My opinion: It explains why he initially met TB at the WalMart in Cleveland, TX. He resides in Coldspring, TX. Cleveland is about 19 miles south of Coldspring.

Then they went south to Webster to the storage unit to get the container that contained the body of Samuel Olson. Then to Jasper, TX.

Last edited:

“Family friend Don Caine, 82, a former cop, told The Sun he offered a room to Dalton some months ago at his home.”

That explains the address near Holbrooke Elementary School.

I was wondering when they were going to interview the homeowner of the house where DO had been living since the address was in the charging documents.

So DO wasn’t living with his father and elderly grandfather, perhaps DO considered Mr. Cain as the elderly grandfatherly type.

Last edited:
It appears that Texas also follows "crime bail crime" laws. I don't think TB is going anywhere before her charges upped for allegedly causing the death of little SO:
  • Crime bail crime. If the defendant is arrested on felony charges while he or she is out on bond for an existing felony case, this situation is known as crime bail crime. If the prosecutor chooses to charge the defendant with crime bail crime, that can add another two years to the jail sentence.
  • Bail increase or revocation. When a defendant gets re-arrested while out on bond, the court may perceive that individual as a flight risk. In such cases, any subsequent bail amount may be dramatically increased, or the court may elect to revoke bail altogether.
Court records indicate her next court date for the 11/29/20 assault charge is June 7, 2021. I'm sure once the Court (and bondsman) learn TB also left Houston (traveled to Jasper) while under bond, she'll be done.

Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records
https://www.pcsbailbonds.com/blog/what-happens-if-the-defendant-gets-rearrested-while-out-on-bond/

ETA: NEW UPDATES -- the State filed motion 0n 6/3 for TB's bond revoked. The grand jury indicted TB for Nov assault on DO on 6/4/21.

ViewFilePage
Thank you for the info @Seattle1

Excellent update from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX! Video and article! This was on the 6 PM News this evening, 6/4/21! 6 PM CDT.

The video includes the only photo we will see of TB leaving the Jasper County Jail.

Also, there is commentary about this case from Brian Wice, legal analyst, for KPRC (NBC). Also, Wice comments about the father (Dalton Olson) of Samuel Olson.

Awaiting autopsy report results and that should result in additional charges. Also, the potential for a Capital Murder investigation per the reporter.

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX - - Published: June 4, 2021 6:21 am - Updated: June 4, 2021 6:32 pm

Samuel Olson case: Bond set at $500K for Theresa Balboa, woman charged after child’s body found in motel room

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members