Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note respectfully, IMHO I believe the bolded quotes are from the family friend DC, who “offered DO a room several months ago”. It is confusing the way The Sun has it laid out, with pictures interspersed throughout the article. I had to read it several times to track back that IMHO it is the friend who is quoted in this particular passage and not Samuel’s paternal grandmother.
Thank you, Hope there is a report correction today.

I don't even know what to say about those quotes! "She spanked him or slapped him around more than she should." ??? Slapped him around? Since when is this how your correct a child's behavior?
"I believe that he did something that he wasn't supposed to and she punished him.
I'd say "punished him" is putting it VERY lightly.

Again, I just want to note that I believe these quotes are from DO family friend DC who offered DO a place to stay according to the article in The Sun. I also think DC was SPECULATING on what may have happened, not that he had observed TB doing this. Of course what is being described is absolutely abuse, and may well have happened. Just wanted to point out that though the article is poorly written, I do not think anyone is saying they had witnessed any abuse prior to this. Not excusing anyone. There is lots of blame to go around here, but don’t want to veer off into a discussion that may be based on unclear reporting,

Samuel Olson's family can't bear to hear 'sickening details' of corpse

Again, I just want to note that I believe these quotes are from DO family friend DC who offered DO a place to stay according to the article in The Sun. I also think DC was SPECULATING on what may have happened, not that he had observed TB doing this. Of course what is being described is absolutely abuse, and may well have happened. Just wanted to point out that though the article is poorly written, I do not think anyone is saying they had witnessed any abuse prior to this. Not excusing anyone. There is lots of blame to go around here, but don’t want to veer off into a discussion that may be based on unclear reporting,

Thanks! I agree that we should primarily at least view the court affidavit on the media thread. TX - TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2 I assume all now have viewed for basis.

"She just called me out of nowhere and said, 'Is the offer to come up there still open?' I told her, 'No,' and that was it, and she stopped replying," he said.

According to Rizo, Balboa made contact with him on either May 23 or 24, which would have been, a witness told police, after 5-year-old Samuel Olson was already dead [...]

He moved to North Dakota and then Oklahoma for work. Two months ago, he reached out to see if she needed help. He said she did not respond."

-------

Why was he reaching out to see if she needed help two months ago?

Was she heading his way, toward Oklahoma or North Dakota? Or does she have another ex / friend in Louisiana?

ETA-The video clip interview of AR has a few more details:

Sam Olson case: Theresa Balboa's ex responds to shocking allegations | abc13.com

Last edited:
I was driving to a pedicure appointment yesterday morning, and I got behind a pickup truck on the highway. In the bed was a black plastic tub with a yellow lid. I'm never going to be able to see one of those things again without thinking of Sam.

I was driving to a pedicure appointment yesterday morning, and I got behind a pickup truck on the highway. In the bed was a black plastic tub with a yellow lid. I'm never going to be able to see one of those things again without thinking of Sam.

I understand. I went into Walmart yesterday afternoon and walked by a black plastic bin w/ a yellow lid & my stomach just dropped.

<modsnip -quoted post removed> Somethings definitely off about why this child was being moved around. Here is one of the first articles I could find which mentions the ongoing custody battle between SO and DO, yet the hearing referred to-just days before Samuel was reported missing, was for SOs indictment for allegedly attempting to run DO over. <modsnip> 5-year-old Texas boy was dead for weeks before reported missing, officials say <modsnip> Something else that has been bothering me through all these reports; what was the bday plan for this 6 yr old? Was DO making plans to celebrate his son’s bday, as apparently it was the year prior?

MOO Gramma talked about it in her interview. IIRC, it's in the media thread. She was planning for such this year. No mention of DO involvement when she discussed in the interview. MOO

Sorry I’m not good at linking but has anyone searched her Facebook page. She also has a 12 year old son. If she’s 29, she gave birth to him when she was 17. Seems he wasn’t part of her everyday life but she did see him a lot, in the early years. Her looks have changed a lot, in a short amount of time. So sad this little boy didn’t have the life he deserved.

MOO I don't think I've seen her FB page listed here at all on threads. Has anyone a link that is approved to post here? MOO

ETA: Directions on how to get to media thread. Click on this link TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 MAY 2021 MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**

Last edited by a moderator:
In case someone has not seen this interview with Dalton Olson, the father of Samuel Olson. This interview was conducted by Joe Lanford a reporter with FOX26 News - Houston, TX on June 2, 2021.

Ivory Hecker, a reporter with FOX26 News - Houston, TX posted this to her Facebook timeline.

Click on the below blue hi-lited "link" and it will take you to the facebook timeline of Ivory Hecker . . . to the video interview.

And for those of us without fb login..

MOO Gramma talked about it in her interview. IIRC, it's in the media thread. She was planning for such this year. No mention of DO involvement when she discussed in the interview. MOO

MOO I don't think I've seen her FB page listed here at all on threads. Has anyone a link that is approved to post here? MOO

ETA: Directions on how to get to media thread. Click on this link TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 MAY 2021 MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**
I posted it early on when she was booked into custody. Theresa Balboa
ETA: wait, were you asking about TB or Gramma's FB? I don't believe we can (or should) link Gramma's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reporter Hecker alleges DO gave her several phone interviews (he wanted only his mom to go on camera) and stated he last talked to Samuel on May 21 and heard him playing in the background on May 22 when talking on the phone to TB. Both of these dates do not correspond with the AA which states SO was alleged deceased on May 10 per TB's roommate.

I posted it early on when she was booked into custody. Theresa Balboa
ETA: wait, were you asking about TB or Gramma's FB? I don't believe we can (or should) link Gramma's.

Thank you. I'll add it to the media and timeline thread. It's a sparse thread right now, but that is one to add.

ETA: Yes, was asking for Theresa's. TYVM

June 4, 2021

[..]

Family friend Don Caine, 82, a former cop, told The Sun he offered a room to Dalton some months ago at his home.

"He's a very good dad, he played with him, he had all kinds of toys," he said.

"I met Theresa when she was over here with him, she was fine.

"It's a sad thing when somebody does something like that to a kid.

"I believe that he did something that he wasn't supposed to and she punished him.

Did DO live with the family friend above "some months ago" -- meaning he wasn't living there at the time of this report?

Reportedly, DO told Reporter Hecker he lived with his elderly grandfather. Perhaps DC (elderly friend) is like a grandfather to DO and where DO currently resides? :eek:

Trying to make sense of why Samuel would not reside with DO other than the quarantine story.

Last edited:

Reporter Hecker alleges DO gave her several phone interviews (he wanted only his mom to go on camera) and stated he last talked to Samuel on May 21 and heard him playing in the background on May 22 when talking on the phone to TB. Both of these dates do not correspond with the AA which states SO was alleged deceased on May 10 per TB's roommate.

Sitting on hands.

June 4, 2021

[..]

Family friend Don Caine, 82, a former cop, told The Sun he offered a room to Dalton some months ago at his home.

"He's a very good dad, he played with him, he had all kinds of toys," he said.

"I met Theresa when she was over here with him, she was fine.

"It's a sad thing when somebody does something like that to a kid.

Did DO live with the family friend above "some months ago" -- meaning he wasn't living there at the time of this report?

Reportedly, DO told Reporter Hecker he lived with his elderly grandfather. Perhaps DC (elderly friend) is like a grandfather to DO and where DO currently resides? :eek:

Trying to make sense of why Samuel would not reside with DO other than the quarantine story.

If DO walked Samuel to school on April 30th, it is my belief that DO has been living with DC and not with his father and elderly grandfather.

Check the address in the charging document.
JMO

This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it:

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found

Last edited:
This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it. Maybe
Could there have been a reason to scrape the walls or something? No clue... JMO

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

This is really bizarre and disturbing.
I just backspaced a bunch...

This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it:

Using abrasive cleaning tools, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members