Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland, Texas has a population of around 7,600 people. There is another homicide case I follow here on Websleuths, James Alex Hurley (12 years old, Montana). His mother lives or lived in Cleveland, Texas at the time of her son's death, 2/2020. I believe that was a child custody dispute (father died and child access denied) and we may see other parallels as more information is released.

Also, TB‘s mom’s house is in southwest Houston.
I wonder how TB got to the Cleveland Walmart and if her car is still in the Walmart parking lot. Cleveland is an hour from Houston.
Would it be possible for the pick up truck driver to be an Uber or Lyft driver? Could she order a ride from the Cleveland Walmart to the best western then simply request the driver to carry the tote up for her? That could explain why he immediately called in the tip.

Whose car did she borrow?

The Dodge that TB drove was the one she “primarily” drove which sounds like one that she didn’t own. Maybe the Dodge owner was the ex bf? Or she borrowed one from a relative?

I do keep wondering what the dad knew.. so hard to imagine he was fully in the dark and blindsided. he illegally kept his child, and illegally had him staying with a violent felon.
but I also keep wondering what this ex-boyfriend at the home knows? is he involved? I bet he's being very thoroughly questioned as well.
moo

Sorry if someone answered this but if Mom had custody why was he with Dad that long?
They had joint custody until recently. Mom’s attorney said she has been denied access to Sam since last summer. My guess is she tried to get him back for a while, then went to court to enforce custody but between covid and cases being backlogged, the case was only recently heard and she was granted full custody.

ETA interview with mom’s attorney
TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Last edited:
Not really to Cleveland TX. There is a metro bus route and some park and rides but nothing that far out that I’m aware of. You can get to Kingwood on 59/I-69 but I don’t think it goes much beyond that. I checked New Caney and Porter which would be along that stretch and don’t see anything to there either.
It's not easy, but there may be a bus. Greyhound has service from Houston, TX to Conroe, TX. Conroe (Montgomery County) and Cleveland, TX are covered by BTD, the Brazos Transit District. Conroe has a transfer station to get over to Cleveland. Then there is a circulator bus that goes around Cleveland and stops at the Walmart. It would be very time consuming though... and I don't think she had time, unless she aimlessly hopped on buses until she just ended up at that Walmart.
Schedules & Maps by City - Brazos Transit District

It seems far more likely she called a friend or family member or Uber, someone else drove the Dodge and dropped her off, or she borrowed another car and dumped it at the Cleveland Walmart. All JMO

This news video (total=1:58 mins.) specifically states that the black Dodge was towed from the apartment complex in Webster, and it shows it was after dark:
Car towed away as search for 6-year-old Samuel Olson continues; hasn't been to school since April, police say

They had joint custody until recently. Mom’s attorney said she has been denied access to Sam since last summer. My guess is she tried to get him back for a while, then went to court to enforce custody but between covid and cases being backlogged, the case was only recently heard and she was granted full custody.

ETA interview with mom’s attorney
TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*
So disgusted. That SO's life was put in TB's hands,and DO was working through things with TB. Ughhhh Priorities MOO

I am trying to figure out the motive to go to Cleveland in the first place, especially if she did not have a car. If the "friend" lived in Cleveland he could have just picked her up in Webster since they traveled back there together in his truck anyway.
And what was the point of meeting at the Cleveland Walmart? Apparently it wasn't to buy a tote since that was in the Webster storage Unit. Unless it was just a meeting place, but that brings me back to the question of why go to Cleveland?

Bond denied on Theresa Balboa

Jasper County Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace John Cooper has denied bond on Theresa Raye Balboa, 29, the Houston woman arrested earlier this week in connection with the discovery of the body of a young child in Jasper motel room.

Balboa appeared before Judge Cooper shortly after 8:00 on Thursday morning at the Jasper County Jail where she is being held. After hearing the circumstances surrounding the case, Cooper decided not to allow bond in the case and authorities are now waiting for her transport back to Houston where she faces prosecution. However, when she will be taken to Houston is not known.

Also on Thursday, Judge Cooper said the body of the six year old victim, Samuel Olson had been transferred from the Jefferson County Morgue in Beaumont to the Harris County Morgue in Houston where an autopsy will be peformed as officers from Houston take over the case.

Cooper had on Tuesday signed paperwork requesting the autopsy as he and others attempt to find out where, when and how the death of Olson occurred.

Reliable sources close to investigation have said there was no indication of how the young boy died but it appeared that the child might have been dead for some time.

Bond denied on Theresa Balboa

... still no release from MSM of the court documents that they have referenced in MSM articles (confusing ones! MOO) but are not releasing yet. MOO

I guess this county doesn't have a site to publish such documents as most other cases we follow here at WS as folks here would have found such if publicly available, perhaps MSM folks went to courthouse to obtain? And unless a local gets, we'll have to wait to prelim to see such documents MSM has?

Bringing this forward again-

We know from Harris County court records that TB was in court on May 19 for the assault case in which she assaulted and choked DO.

We also know Sam was not at school on that day per Holbrook Elem officials.

Question- who was watching Sam while TB went to court? Was he still alive?
Don't think they needed a babysitter -- child was probably in storage then. :(

I don't know about the May 19 court date but I believe the incident occurred Nov 2020 as reported in the Timeline.

The last time the child reported in school was April 30 and no other MSM reports of the child seen alive since May 2 (photographed by his paternal grandmother).

... still no release from MSM of the court documents that they have referenced in MSM articles (confusing ones! MOO) but are not releasing yet. MOO

I guess this county doesn't have a site to publish such documents as most other cases we follow here at WS as folks here would have found such if publicly available, perhaps MSM folks went to courthouse to obtain? And unless a local gets, we'll have to wait to prelim to see such documents MSM has?

getting records from Harris county seemed easy enough but I wasn’t able to access jasper county’s. I’m gonna take a quick look again but I’m pretty sure that was the case —couldn’t get access.

edit: no, I can’t find any site that lets me look. I did create an account with jasper county yesterday and just repeated my search, but nothing came up. I don’t know what exactly I was searching but I don’t even think it was for criminal cases.

Last edited:
JMO, I was just about to ask the same question. Why Cleveland? The storage unit was not there. The "tote" was not there. Had the motel room in Jasper been rented earlier and she was trying to get there to "hide out"? Cleveland is a round about way to get to Jasper. Wonder why she got half way to Jasper and decided she needed to go back and get the tote? Seems it would have been smarter to leave the tote at the storage unit but she may have known LE was sniffing around and would eventually tie her to the storage unit and find the tote. It will be interesting to know when and by whom that storage unit was rented. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InvestinTest