TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, you use that as an excuse for him and other LEOs to abuse their power, and at the same time totally ignore the cops rudeness. "I'm going to light you up" is a threat of bodily harm. I never heard her make any threats to him.

He asked her several times to exit the vehicle. It was a lawful order and she refused. That is exactly what the taser is for.

You said seduced, had sex, and, coerced, or conned. Putting all of that together and it sounds like rape, imo. I think you twisted what I had said and brought sex, coercive, conned, seduction and sex into the conversation. So yes, it is highly offensive that it was brought into the conversation.

You said he allowed himself to be baited. He didn't allow himself to be anything, he was in total control of the situation from start to finish.

Don't transfer responsibility for his failings onto SB.

He asked her several times to exit the vehicle. It was a lawful order and she refused. That is exactly what the taser is for.

He said he wanted her to get out to sign the ticket/warning. Why couldn't she sign it inside her vehicle?

Sure sounds to me like you are twisting what I said. You are making it sexual and talking about rape victims? um OK--go for it. Nothing to do with what I said though.

I don't think Montjoy is twisting anything. You said "He allowed himself to be baited" because he was "weak" which is taking the responsibility off the officer and putting it on SB. It's like you're saying he wasn't strong enough to resist what she started. Which, I agree, sounds a lot like what women often hear after they've been abused, assaulted, harassed, raped, fired, cat-called, etc.

If only you hadn't done THAT he never would have done THIS.

Tasers are not for using on people who get stopped for a minor traffic violation, get ordered to put their cigarette out, then ordered to leave their vehicle when they ask why they can't smoke in their own car.

And if that's what they are being used for then tasers should be taken off police officers. I hate to quote Spiderman, of all people, but with power comes responsibility. A taser gives you an awful lot of power so if its being used so casually it should be removed from the police's armoury.

You said he allowed himself to be baited. He didn't allow himself to be anything, he was in total control of the situation from start to finish.

Don't transfer responsibility for his failings onto SB.

In MY opinion, he did allow himself to be baited. He was bringing her the ticket to sign. Before he reached into her car he did the standard request, which is often done, which is to ask her to 'please, put out her lit cig. 'She said 'NO, it's my car, I don't have to. 'I think at that point he began to wonder if she was hiding something. And he got baited into a longer interaction thsn it needed to be.

He should have just let her drive away but he let her attitude get his goat, imo. JMO

If a police officer asks you to do something and you say no his or her next move to is to taser you?! I had no idea this was departmental policy. I assumed tasers were used when someone was endangering someone, attempting to flee, resisting arrest... I didn't know just sitting in your car was a taser-worthy offence.

BBM for focus.

Wow, really? I learned something new today then.

I had no idea that the intent of tasers is to subdue a citizen who is nonviolently and non-threatheningly refusing to follow a police order.

Here I just thought their intention was to provide law enforcement officers a means to subdue a potentially threatening suspect without actually resulting to lethal force with their firearms.

I had absolutely NO IDEA.

You said 'seduced, had sex, and, coerced, and conned. ' Putting all of that together and it sounds like rape, imo. I think you twisted what I had said and brought sex, coercive, conned, seduction and sex into the conversation. So yes, it is highly offensive that it was brought into the conversation.

He is giving examples of control and power issues. Examples. He is not saying it happened with BE.

BE is getting off on his power. Grrrr

In MY opinion, he did allow himself to be baited. He was bringing her the ticket to sign. Before he reached into her car he did the standard request, which is often done, which is to ask her to 'please, put out her lit cig. 'She said 'NO, it's my car, I don't have to. 'I think at that point he began to wonder if she was hiding something. And he got baited into a longer interaction thsn it needed to be.

He should have just let her drive away but he let her attitude get his goat, imo. JMO

He never said he thought she was hiding anything during his call in. He said he wanted her to get out to sign the ticket and so he could explain what was going on.IMO

Your use of the word baited makes it sound like you think her attitude was a put on deliberately to provoke him. He didn't "get baited", he was faced with a member of the public who didn't act like a picture perfect stoppee, and he chose to behave like a bully.

It was his choice to react like that, she didn't bait him into it.

Your use of the word baited makes it sound like you think her attitude was a put on deliberately to provoke him. He didn't "get baited", he was faced with a member of the public who didn't act like a picture perfect stoppee, and he chose to behave like a bully.

It was his choice to react like that, she didn't bait him into it.

YES, I think she was trying to provoke him.

If LE commands you to get out of your car, can you demand a call to an attorney and remain in your car?

This whole situation is absurd

If LE commands you to get out of your car, can you demand a call to an attorney and remain in your car?

This whole situation is absurd

SB said she was going to call her attorney during the struggle inside her car. Sadly she didn't get that chance. IMO

I think I was being generous to them with that number. As a group, I have never met any people who are as rude and obnoxious as cops. At least the American cops I have met in the last 30 years. They are just the most horrible human beings, I have ever met. They are nothing but power tripping bully ****s, who simply want to make other people's lives a living hell, and they are good at it.

You must really rub them the right way. :giggle:

I think I was being generous to them with that number. As a group, I have never met any people who are as rude and obnoxious as cops. At least the American cops I have met in the last 30 years. They are just the most horrible human beings, I have ever met. They are nothing but power tripping bully ****s, who simply want to make other people's lives a living hell, and they are good at it.

I don't want to tar all cops with the same brush, but we're getting some insight into their defenders in this conversation. She was deliberately trying to provoke him, he was weak and succumbed to her, and anyway that's what tasers are for.

I don't want to tar all cops with the same brush, but we're getting some insight into their defenders in this conversation. She was deliberately trying to provoke him, he was weak and succumbed to her, and anyway that's what tasers are for.

She was also scary and possibly running guns and drugs.

I don't think this has been addressed but if I missed it sorry. In the video when the first car he pulled over pulls back into traffic she doesn't use her turn signal but does when she moves into the far left lane then turns. So why didn't he pull her over again for failing to use a turn signal.

I don't know, but maybe for the same reason he didn't give her a ticket for not having proof of insurance. If I was going to take a guess at the reason, I'd guess it was because she was white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3