Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have had a go at constructing a timeline from what we know of this case so far…..
Please advise if any additions or redactions are required …

EDIT TO ADD … If anyone knows how to insert the links to the actual press conferences under the correct dates that would be greatly appreciated ….
And also if you know how to link the video supplied by Police about the “meet up “ ….that would also be appreciated … to keep everything in one post together …. TIA

Timeline to date… (I have only included information verified by Police)

21st December 2023
Sometime prior, to her demise, (and that of MG), SS searched “Charlie Chan Drive” on her phone (from the arrest press conference, SS’s phone was found in the car, and information down loaded and given to US Special Services to interpret, info gained by SAPD on the 3rd January)

11:50 pm 21st December, 2023.
Kia at Charlie Chan Drive . car is pinged at this location and time as per Affidavit

11:54pm 21st December, 2023.
Kia departs Charlie Chan drive (being driven by Christopher Preciado) and meets up with Chevy (Driver - Ramon Preciado, Christopher‘s father) at 5903 Danny Kaye parking lot.
This is the ”meet up” seen on Video released by Police on the 28th December .

Also from the Affidavit

23rd December, 2023.
Savanah misses her induction appointment at the hospital

Leon Valley PD takes Missing Person Report

25th December, 2023.
CLEAR Alert is issued by Police with Kia describing the “temporary” rego plates, which were incorrect,

26th December, 2023.
Correct Rego Plates for the KIA are publically dispersed as part of the CLEAR Alert after it was updated to be correct.

Still on 26th December, 2023
A couple of hours later the KIA is noticed, at the back of an apartment complex on 5903 Danny Kaye Drive, and details are given to family member, who contacts police and both Police and relatives on scene about the same time …

26th December, 2023.

The Kia is found by SAPD, and a crime scene is established . (including waiting for a warrant to search the Kia )

Police conference (No.1)
Scene Initially described as “perplexing” as Police unsure if the scene was murder suicide or murder….
Confirmation that both victims were deceased.

28th December 2023.
Police hold another Press Conference and release the Video Footage of the “meet up” at Danny Kaye between Ramon (Chevy ) and the Kia (Christopher driving) and shows the Kiawas parked and left down the end of this complex..and the victims already deceased)

(We now know that video was captured 21st December just before 12 MN and that the victims were already deceased when driven there…. )

3rd January, 2024.
Arrest of Christopher P for Capitol Murder
Arrest for Ramon P for interference of a corpse
Perp walk by San Antonio Police

Press conference (No 2) with Det Washington Moscoso, after the arrests were made.

SS Phone found in the car with google search of Charlie Chan Drive

A search on the suspect's vehicle seen in the surveillance footage, seen driving with its lights off, led investigators to a home off Charlie Chan.

Detectives knocked on the door and were met by Ramon Preciado. He told detectives they needed to talk to his son.

Both were then taken to SAPD Homicide Headquarters for further questioning.

Arrest Affidavit (Main points)
Found spent shell casing in the Kia
No weapon was found in the Kia
Mathew had gun shot wound to the head
Mathew was found on back seat of the Kia, with drag marks visible on his back .
Savanah had head trauma and was found in the front passenger seat
Blood was found on the outside of the vehicle (does not specify the location of the blood)

4th January 2024
Further Press Conference (No.3) with Chief Mc Manus and the DA

Further Charges added to both Christopher and Ramon Preciardo
For Christopher Police added abuse of a corpse and alter or destroy a human corpse.
His father, Ramon Preciado, 53, had a charge of alter or destroy a human corpse added on after initially facing an abuse of a corpse.

Chief Mc Manus made a statement to say both Savanah and Mathew were known to deal in drugs and both used their telephones to conduct business.

Police believe they have found the gun used in the shootings/murders and it was found at the Preciado Home.

Other evidence has been removed from the Preciado home. (No details)

Ramon P has been co operating with Police and at this stage of the investigation, is not involved in the actual murders .

Police admitted that they are investigating if there was a 3rd person in the truck (throwing the towel) .

Police refused to answer question about Christopher’s mother being involved or questioned .

First reference of phones - pleural, meaning that Police may have MG phone in their possession?

References

Post in thread 'TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*'
Found Deceased - TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

Last edited:
I think after the shooting, CP calls dad in a panic. Dad comes to help as we see in the video of the towel pass off. Dad takes murder weapon and any other items related to the crime home. Dad is deciding what to do with the items. Video is released to the public and dad knows it's a matter of time. Why did dad admit what happened and pointed finger to his son? Couple of possibilities. Either conscience got the better of him, possibly installed by a close family member or he knew once video was released that there was a good chance retaliation could be coming their way. Especially since SS's brother was killed over a cartridge. Maybe figured they were safer in jail.

This article says that MG and SS went to meet with CP to "purchase" marijuana. I had assumed that they went there to sell drugs, not purchase them. This may be wrong. I haven't heard that before.
Just a thought...MG was the self proclaimed hot shot drug dealer and CP had no prior criminal history. Yet CP is selling weed to MG? Where did this young man with no priors get enough weed to sell that would have brought MG out in the dead of night to a location he was unfamiliar with? They (MG and SS) had to have used some sort of code when they advertised the sales and made the connections so I feel confident that LE knows who was buying and who was selling.

With the above in mind, I still believe this was an execution set up by someone else and that there is way more to this story than we may ever know. As to why this father and son confessed so readily, it may be that their instructions were to confess, and thus end any further inquiry into who may have ordered the hit.

I have many questions about the location of the killings and am waiting for something definitive to come from the investigators or the DA.

moo

When they say the car pinged at Charlie Chan Drive...are they talking about Savanah's phone, or the actual car?
I don't know for certain but I suspect it is phone information. I don't believe there has been enough time to obtain any information from the auto if there is any info to obtain. I have not seen where it's been released that they did or did not pull the auto electronics.

I’m not caught up today but I think the time outside the house was purely forward planning. I don’t think anything went down there. Ss and Mg and poor Fabian were deceased when cp rolled up in their car post event. RP said hell to the no I’ll help you but I’ll see this round the corner and not on my driveway thank you very much.

Just a thought...MG was the self proclaimed hot shot drug dealer and CP had no prior criminal history. Yet CP is selling weed to MG? Where did this young man with no priors get enough weed to sell that would have brought MG out in the dead of night to a location he was unfamiliar with? They (MG and SS) had to have used some sort of code when they advertised the sales and made the connections so I feel confident that LE knows who was buying and who was selling.

With the above in mind, I still believe this was an execution set up by someone else and that there is way more to this story than we may ever know. As to why this father and son confessed so readily, it may be that their instructions were to confess, and thus end any further inquiry into who may have ordered the hit.

I have many questions about the location of the killings and am waiting for something definitive to come from the investigators or the DA.

moo
CP didn't need to have the weed. He just needed MG to bring his $$.

When they say the car pinged at Charlie Chan Drive...are they talking about Savanah's phone, or the actual car?
The way the affidavit is written, it says the car pinged…
However, I also wondered if they meant the “phone inside the car” as they were able to match up “pings” of the vehicle moving from one location to the next .. (usually pings are used to describe mobile phone location from relevant towers .. )

JMO

I don't really buy the self defense so far. So this kid somehow "manipulated" the gun in MG's hand twice and shot both of them. I know MG's was a contact wound to the head, not sure about SS but seems implausible that a contact shot to the head would be done in this manner. I was initially under the impression CP had taken the gun away from MG when (IF) he pulled the gun on him, but even that doesn't seem like self defense to me. I mean, if he had gotten the gun away from MG, he wouldn't be threatened by the gun anymore, so why would he feel he needed to "defend" himself by shooting them both? Also, just because someone doesn't have a police record does not mean they haven't committed crimes it just means they haven't been caught.

The way the affidavit is written, it says the car pinged…
However, I also wondered if they meant the “phone inside the car” as they were able to match up “pings” of the vehicle moving from one location to the next .. (usually pings are used to describe mobile phone location from relevant towers .. )

I have been researching this a bit further … if the phone was sync-ed to the entertainment system In the Kia, then it could have been the car that pinged … (This is from a UK site but I am sure the US would have similar technology …)

Telematics is the digital connection of the car to the outside world, via an integrated network connection or using a connection made by either a tethered or non-tethered device, such as a paired smartphone.

These devices store a vast amount of data such as recent destinations, call logs, contact lists, SMS messages, social media feeds and the navigation history of everywhere the vehicle has been. Many systems also link to vehicle functions and can record events such as the opening and closing of doors, gear selection, lights on/off and connection to Wi-Fi sources.

TRL have access to forensic tools to enable the retrieval of data obtained within vehicle infotainment and telematic devices. This is new technology that is key in crime and fraud investigations, enabling retrieval of personal and location data. TRL support UK Law Enforcement agencies in accessing and interpreting this data.

I don't really buy the self defense so far. So this kid somehow "manipulated" the gun in MG's hand twice and shot both of them.
Police aren’t buying this version either and state that forensic evidence can prove otherwise ….

IF, for example CP and MG did “manipulate” the gun together, and SS was shot first, as CP seems to imply … then forensics should have found gun shot residue on MG’s hands, (or at least one of them) if they were both fighting over the gun and the trigger went off ….

If there was no gun shot residue found on MG’s hands at all, under forensic examination, then the scenario appears implausible … IMO
No need to go any further with the “story” … as that would prove right there, that CP’s account was not true ….

(Caveat: Unless the gun shot residue results are skewed by MG having recently fired a gun … ??? )

IMO

I have had a go at constructing a timeline from what we know of this case so far…..
Please advise if any additions or redactions are required …

11:50 pm 21st December, 2023.
Kia at Charlie Chan Drive . car is pinged at this location and time as per Affidavit
Nice work Slouth: Trimmed by me to focus....
The language of the affidavit is just as you indicate: And its misleading....

Most cars are equipped with GPS as locator and the device in the car does not ping anything: there is no handshaking required, the GPS unit is receiving only the pulsed signal transmitted by multiple satellites and deriving location from the offset of the time at which it receives each pulse. The car's unit only receives and interprets those signals; it does not transmit anything.
If the car is further equipped with an emulator (Blue Tooth or similar) then the signal can be tracked but only up to ranges of 120 to 160 feet....the device that can vector the broadcast signal is not very rare and is frequently employed by thieves to establish the presence of phones or playback devices in a car. The communication between Blue Tooth and a phone does involve initial communications that establish identity so the phone is recognized but that is not a "ping" as that term is normally applied.
On the road, a cell phone is establishing communications with a cell tower by "ping" but will typically ping more than one cell receiver within a short time interval. If 2-cell segments at different towers are pinged, the phone's location can be established within the intersect of 2-pie sections serviced by each segment. If 3-or more segments are pinned such that all 3 are within 3 miles of each other but the vectors are not near-parallel, the cell phone location can be established down to a reasonable radius. The actual contained area depends on proximity, angularity and cell receiver segment angle as well as count of cell towers.
So: barring an actual cellular device portion of the car, the car does not ping anything. Either a lap top or a cell phone or similar equipment can try to do a comm exchange with a WiFi router; closing that loop usually involves a password. Although routers can be set up for free/open access it means that every cell phone in every car going by a location is going to try to sign on. If the sign on exchange is not successful there will be no record kept of it at either end: an investigator would have to be "looking at" one of the devices when the handshake was initiated for it to be useful in establishing a proximity.
The only way I can rationalize the PCA Content: The cell phone has been proven to be in the car because the GPS on the car and the GPS on the phone were travelling together. The cell phone was also pinging cell towers...the car kept record of GPS location....and the cellular provider's data showed approximately where the phone was at any given time.

I have been researching this a bit further … if the phone was sync-ed to the entertainment system In the Kia, then it could have been the car that pinged … (This is from a UK site but I am sure the US would have similar technology …)

It's a 2013 Kia which doesn't have any kind of smartphone connectivity - Bluetooth, SiriusXM, sure. But it predates the introduction of Carplay and/or Android Auto.

- first Kia Optima to have both Android Audo and CarPlay was the 2016 model

Edit: sorry my bad it has Kia UVO infotainment. What is Kia UVO? | How does Kia UVO work? | Tom Kadlec Kia

It's a 2013 Kia which doesn't have any kind of smartphone connectivity - Bluetooth, SiriusXM, sure. But it predates the introduction of Carplay and/or Android Auto.

- first Kia Optima to have both Android Audo and CarPlay was the 2016 model

Edit: sorry my bad it has Kia UVO infotainment. What is Kia UVO? | How does Kia UVO work? | Tom Kadlec Kia

Surprisingly, KIA has proven fairly advanced with electronics. While the 2013 model may not have been OEM smartphone connect equipped, it might be the subsequent owners of the vehicle since 2013 installed after market system in that vehicle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back