Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saw the news.
They took her away in her Ozzy Osbourne tshirt and Christmas pajama pants.
Black Sabbath it is for MR and her gun.
Wow.
This case just gets curiouser and curiouser.….
0F52DB03-FBD4-45F9-8775-A84D6DDF4911.jpeg
This is the shirt she’s wearing. guess she didn’t have time to change before they took her. Ozzy’s bleeding decapitated head above the words “you can’t kill” was not a good look for her perp walk.

That was just a few months after the notorious bat incident. I'm from Des Moines, and while I was not there, I knew a lot of people who were, and they all have said the story is absolutely true.

And I see a 3rd arrest in the meantime. Keeping it in the family, I guess. What a disaster.

I know it's harder to turn your own child in but I do wonder if, as step mum, she will make a deal that seals CP's case
It's not hard at all, if one of my kids came to me and said he/she killed someone - we'd either go to LE together or I'd go alone. There is no way I would even think of being involved in a cover-up, EVER.

It's not hard at all, if one of my kids came to me and said he/she killed someone - we'd either go to LE together or I'd go alone. There is no way I would even think of being involved in a cover-up, EVER.
That would have to be almost as painful as losing them to murder yourself. This made me think of David Kaczynski realizing that his brother was the Unabomber.

There appears to be 2 separate Affidavits … this one states the charges and evidence involved with “concealing a corpse”

… and the video footage of them leaving and returning to residence in the Chevy Silverado …

IMG_1298.png

And this one relates specifically to finding the gun ….and the charge of “concealing evidence”

IMG_1296.png

Myrta Romanos Warrant | PDF

Meaning we have 2 lots of new information related to the case …

iMO

Last edited:
4th January 2024
Further Press Conference (No.3) with Chief Mc Manus and the DA

Police believe they have found the gun used in the shootings/murders and it was found at the Preciado Home.
Snipped and BBM

Interestingly, when the Chief stated he believed they had found the gun on the 4th of January, (in the 3rd Presser)….. They didn’t have the ballistics back at that time ….

As the Affidavit above states that it was on the 5th January that confirmation of the forensics came back matching shell casing to the gun

Post in thread 'TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*'
Found Deceased - TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

I thought they'd be four perps, and still have reservations, but LE says only these three perps. Most of us knew there definitely was a person in the backseat of the truck. That person handed a towel to the heavy set person standing outside the truck. (LE knew that, but were waiting.) Just my own questions here-- Why did the stepmother feel she had to go along in the truck? That made her an accomplice. She could've just said CP stole her gun, but going along in the truck was involvement.

1704957516503.png1704957450785.png

When police searched their home, Romanos’ bedroom door was locked. She told police she was the only person with a key. Police said they found the gun that they believe was used to shoot Soto and Guerra hidden in Romanos’ room. She told officers that the gun was hers and was given to her by a family member, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit also stated that surveillance video from her house showed her leaving the home with Ramon Preciado on the night of the incident. Video footage from later that night showed all three suspects returning to the home.

Myrta Romanos, who police say is the stepmother of the alleged killer, is accused of altering, destroying or concealing a human corpse, abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence, Lt. Michelle Ramos said.

Police said that detectives had been seeking a third suspect since the earlier arrests but that officials waited to make the third arrest until they could collect the proper evidence and present the best case to prosecutors, said Ramos, the police lieutenant.

Security video shows that Romanos was "involved the night of the murder," Ramos said.

[...]

Romanos admitted that the gun used in the slayings belonged to her, police said.

"We're confident that there are no more suspects," Ramos said.

Revisiting the video

Last edited:
Why did the stepmother feel she had to go along in the truck? That made her an accomplice. She could've just said CP stole her gun, but going along in the truck was involvement.
Nothing seems to have been very well thought through, with the alleged perpetrators, in this case ….. so many mistakes! (Which is great obviously, as they have been caught quickly)

I did wonder at one point if the “third person in the truck” was the most “savvy“ at the time ??? By reminding RP to wipe vehicle down with the towel etc … to erase prints or whatever ??? (“thinking” of handing the towel)

I had also wondered if the third person may have been “in charge” of the cover up at one point, but the charges do not reflect that, as yet …

It makes no sense, for MR to have gone with them, like a lot of this case .. IMO

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get a Police Incident Report for the 26th Dec, 2023, related to this case???

Police - Off the Cuff, mentioned having a copy of it, on their coverage of MR’s arrest …

I just thought one of you super sleuths may know how to access a copy of that report??

TIA

The phone pinging at 2350 doesn't necessarily mean that's when they arrived at the location, does it? They could have been there for a bit before the phone pinged I'm assuming. Imo

I have no clue how phone pings work but I assume they relate to the phone being switched on, network coverage, and then satellites, probably at intervals?

I imagine that if there were no 'pings' between the time that SS's phone searched for ChChan Dr, then anything is possible in terms of timeline leading up to the event, the ping could have happened at any point the car was adjacent RP's home in any direction and having already been at the house earlier but not pinged for whatever reason.

Although surely the Kia comings and goings are equally captured on the very same cameras as have already provided evidence? Also the route from MG and SS's apartment to ChChan, assuming they left from home, would be covered by various cameras and ring doorbells one would assume, thereby building some form of time line?

Did they arrive say 15 minutes earlier than the ping, pick up CP, drive round a few corners to a secluded area to do a deal, CP shot them dead, dragged MG to the rear seat unsighted by anyone, drove back past his own home where the car 'pinged', frantically calling R & P saying meet me round the back of the apartments?

JMO MOO

Nothing seems to have been very well thought through, with the alleged perpetrators, in this case ….. so many mistakes! (Which is great obviously, as they have been caught quickly)

I did wonder at one point if the “third person in the truck” was the most “savvy“ at the time ??? By reminding RP to wipe vehicle down with the towel etc … to erase prints or whatever ??? (“thinking” of handing the towel)

I had also wondered if the third person may have been “in charge” of the cover up at one point, but the charges do not reflect that, as yet …

It makes no sense, for MR to have gone with them, like a lot of this case .. IMO

I do wonder if there was a joint perp with CP at the time of the shooting but it seems unlikely now.

Even more unlikely is the idea that there's a third person in the truck, I think it was MR sitting rear armed with fresh towels as mothers do, with the passenger side vacated ready to pick up CP.

There is some small time where RP and CP have a conversation when they do the meet up and what baffles me is why RP immediately wipes his own dabs off the vehicle and then just instantaneously goes along with all this madness. For me, there would be a whole heck of conversation right there and I'd be asking a thousand questions of my son, not going straight into 'cover up' mode, wiping fingerprints and blood. Bearing in mind they did not believe they were on CCTV then the whole thing was very speedily conducted.

Also, RP and MR were maybe not to know the occupants were deceased so at the time they assisted this crime, for all they knew, they could have been abandoning viable life, leaving injured parties to pass away. That's what gets me the most about their actions.

JMO MOO

So if LE has footage of myrta and Ramon getting in the truck and all 3 getting out the truck, then they might have footage of the shootings if it took place at the préciado residence.

they may just be withholding that info from the public for now
BBM
Excellent Point !

I am wondering this as well …. Police seem to have Video Evidence, of all stages of this case so far, so they could well have footage of the murders as well …. But Police are just not revealing this information as yet …

The closest we have learned in regards to the actual location of murders, was that they were “very close to the Preciardo Residence“, from the press conference today at MR’ s arrest

IMO

Will be interesting to learn eventually one hopes, why the apparent murder weapon / gun was registered in her name, and not in the fathers - if I read the latest correctly? MOO

I seem to think that it states in the paperwork that MR said the gun was hers, having been given to her by a family member. Is it registered to anyone, even?

Will be interesting to learn eventually one hopes, why the apparent murder weapon / gun was registered in her name, and not in the fathers - if I read the latest correctly? MOO
I am not sure if the gun was actually registered to MR ??? The Affidavit states she said it was her gun, but also states she says she was given the gun by a relative …..
Wonder if the correct Gun Ownership Paperwork was ever completed ????

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back