Found Deceased TX - Sgt. Elder Fernandes, 23, Fort Hood, 17 August 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Our priority remains getting Sgt. Fernandes back with the people that care about him," said Justin Redfern, commander of the 553rd Combat Sustainment Support Battalion. "We are concerned for his well-being and want him to continue the care he was receiving before he went missing. Our unit and the Army have the resources to help him."

Fort Hood officials said in a news release Saturday evening that at this time, they do not believe that his disappearance is connected to any other ongoing case at Fort Hood.

(more at link)

SMH. No, this is a whole NEW case at Fort Hood. So he was "receiving care" for something done to him at Fort Hood by an institution that often prefers to brush sexual abuse under the rug if it impacts the careers of senior commanders. My concern is that the other person involved must have been very powerful, and it's concerning that the name of the person who drove him home hasn't been released, since obviously all eyes should be on that person and any conversation that took place in that car. :(

Thinking of Sgt. Fernandes and his family tonight and holding tight to hope for them.

I am so sad for him. Being close with some male victims of SA myself, there is a special kind of shame that comes with being a male victim (not worse than being a female victim, just different) because of toxic masculinity and social expectations etc.
BBM I agree! I am so sad for this young man. I’m also very angry that he obviously wasn’t safe there after being released from the hospital. MOO

This is unconscionable. My jaw is on the floor. In my opinion, the base should be shut down and an independent investigation should occur. The culture at this base is so toxic that it's deadly, whether this case is murder or self-harm as a result of sexual abuse and intimidation. This must not be allowed to go on. I sincerely hope someone in a position of power comes steps in before there is another senseless death.

Arrgh. Here we go, again . . .

JMVHO.

SBM BBM

This was exactly my first thought when i heard about EF's disappearance.

BBM I agree! I am so sad for this young man. I’m also very angry that he obviously wasn’t safe there after being released from the hospital. MOO

He should have been monitored 24/7 after being released from the hospital.
I hope Fort Hood is doing a better job this time monitoring the person who sexually abused SGT EF.

MOO JMOO

Search for Fort Hood soldier Elder Fernandes continues in Killeen | kcentv.com

Texas Equusearch began searching Saturday morning around 7:30 a.m. in an area near Cody Poe Road in Killeen, a place they were told he was dropped off at on Aug. 17.

"This could be an area he wandered into," Search Coordinator Mark Rodgers, said. "I don't know what state he was in when he was brought back from the hospital, I don't know who was bringing him back we don't even have confirmation on exactly where he was dropped off."

4d4e4706-27a6-4af5-84f4-3cf8a9af95d6_1920x1080.jpg

Was it Woodlands Drive or Cody Poe Road? The distance between these two roads is short but, the exact place can make a whole difference. Where was SGT EF dropped off??? His place? Someone else's place?

And Equusearch was not even given the exact location??? What is going on here???

MOO JMO and MYVERYANGRYOPINION!

Search for Fort Hood soldier Elder Fernandes continues in Killeen | kcentv.com

"Sgt. Fernandes has been missing since Aug. 17. According to Fort Hood, the 23-year-old was last seen by members of his unit at a residence in Killeen. "

Members of what unit? The same unit who sexually abused him? MOO JMO

Vanessa Guillen was last seen at 1pm wearing a black shirt, purple leggings and black Nike tennis shoes. But then we learned that, by 1pm, she was already dead!

Don't let this happen again!

MOO JMO

Do you know where he grew up? The article doesn't say.

This is an article from the official news agency of Cape Verde. It doesn't say where EF grew up but it states he was born in Cabo Verde.

The not allowed MSM and SM say he moved to the US 4 to 5 years ago. NOT CONFIRMED!

EUA: Jovem cabo-verdiano encontra-se desaparecido em Texas

" A mesma fonte informa ainda que o carro de Elder Fernandes, que nasceu em Cabo Verde, foi encontrado estacionado, com todos os seus pertences."

MOO JMO

US Army Seeks Soldier From Mass. Missing in Texas

The soldier is originally from Cape Verde in West Africa, according to Army officials. Massachusetts State Rep. Liz Miranda said he is from Brockton.(Ma)

His mother, Ailiana Fernandes, who lives in Massachusetts, told NBC News he had been in the hospital for four or five days prior to disappearing.

A person who has been sexually assaulted is at immediate risk of harm or death the second they are released from the hospital, unless the perpetrator is already in jail. It seems as if the military was doing nothing to protect him from being assaulted again or murdered.
Fort Hood has quite a lot of sexual harassment or assaults happening, and not all by the same person. Those who do get a kick out of raping men and women might tend to stick together. In other words, there may have been more than one person who wanted this man dead. Higher ranking officers who are aware of the criminal behavior and did nothing to stop it, or other serial predators. If the one, (or several) who assaulted Sgt. Fernandez is exposed and arrested the others are in danger of being found out.
MOO

This is an article from the official news agency of Cape Verde. It doesn't say where EF grew up but it states he was born in Cabo Verde.

The not allowed MSM and SM say he moved to the US 4 to 5 years ago. NOT CONFIRMED!

EUA: Jovem cabo-verdiano encontra-se desaparecido em Texas

" A mesma fonte informa ainda que o carro de Elder Fernandes, que nasceu em Cabo Verde, foi encontrado estacionado, com todos os seus pertences."

MOO JMO
MOO I had to look up Cape Verde. A ten island country in the Atlantic, west of Africa, just south of the Azores.
He was a legal resident of the US in order to join the US military. He may have completed citizenship already.

Last edited:
Brockton Soldier Elder Fernandes, Missing From Fort Hood, Reported Sexual Abuse
“The entire family’s trying to find out where he is,” his aunt Isabel Fernandes told The Boston Globe. “We all love him, we miss him, and we need him home with us.”
"I don't know where [Elder Fernandes] is at right now. I don't know what he's feeling, I don't know if he's hurt. I don't know what's going on. I just know he's a good kid. He would never disappear and not tell his family where he is at," Ailina Fernandes, the soldier's mother, told KXXV.
Official: Missing Texas soldier reported sexual abuse

This is unconscionable. My jaw is on the floor. In my opinion, the base should be shut down and an independent investigation should occur. The culture at this base is so toxic that it's deadly, whether this case is murder or self-harm as a result of sexual abuse and intimidation. This must not be allowed to go on. I sincerely hope someone in a position of power comes steps in before there is another senseless death.
RBBM

Not to drag any kind of politics into this discussion, but President Trump recently met with Vanessa Guillen's family to discuss conditions at the base. Hopefully he followed through with what he told them.
Vanessa Guillen's family meets with Trump, urges sexual assault reform
Snipped

“So we’re going to look into it very powerfully. We already have started, as you know, and we’ll get to the bottom of it. Maybe things can come out that will help other people in a situation like Vanessa. We’ll be in touch with you constantly.”

From the news conference with family that @PatLaurel linked above:

• Family just heartbroken and weeping, absolutely heartbroken. Family clearly standing together in this search and support of each other.
  • Asking public to come forward and begging for information since they have to return to Boston.
  • "Elder is somewhere...somebody knows something...I don't want Elder to become another Vanesse Gillen...Monday will be a week since somebody saw him last."
  • Demanding answers from Fort H ood about "everything that transpired prior to his disappearance." Fort Hood not telling the family anything except "ongoing investigation"--the sisters are meeting with Fort Hood after news conference. Aunt and mom have not received any callback from detective that army named as "point of contact" at Fort Hood since last Friday. Family sent emails and voicemails and got nothing back.
  • "Elder is not the first but we want him to be the last one... whatever it is that is happening at that base, we need to stop it," said the Mom.
  • "What made him suicidal? So you torture them and then you give them help?" asks the aunt, with respect to Army assurance that Elder was getting "help".
  • The family didn't know anything about sexual assault until they got here. Same attorney that represented Vanessa has been hired by family. Family begging Elder if he is alive to reach out, saying they will protect him and support him.
  • His mom: "Elder, the Army won't touch you. We promise we will take you. Whatever they told you will happen, we will move mountains so none of those things happen to you."
Absolutely devastating. Trying not to cry as I type this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back