TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Cats for sharing your insight! This must be very hard for all of you who worked with him! And especially for the woman he made these terrible remarks to. Did she share them with other co-workers before the murders happened?

Please let her know, if you want to, that I do not blame her at all for not alerting LE or management, she must have felt scared and intimidated by him. I don't believe the murders would have been prevented had she told anyone.

She must be so relieved that he's behind bars now. And as yllek says above, she contributed to LE being able to arrest him for the murders, and probably prevented more loss of life. He might have turned into a spree killer.

Btw, was CV ever married before he married Shanna? Does anyone know?

I believe this was his first marraige.
She never went into detail about what he said.

No that was a different co-worker all together.
Sorry I am just learning this thread and this was directed to yllek.

Thank you for confirming that, CITC1.

It's weird as hell to me that CV was texting an accusation involving stabbing and dead bodies to his manager, several hours after he slit his family's throats in their beds and only 3 hours before he called 911 to report they'd been murdered by an intruder.

As weird as this case is already, I have a feeling it's gonna get weirder when LE accesses CV's phone and computer records.

Catsinthecradle1, did he ever show any signs of mental illness such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, that you know of? What you you make of him claiming to hear voices?

Rayemonde - Not that I am aware of and to be fair I wouldn't have known how to diagnose something like that. The only things I found odd were the little bit that I have mentioned. I remember once when he was mumbling after a manager pulled him aside to correct him on something and I could tell he was mad. He was standing very near me and texting while talking under his breathe, I remember thinking uhhh is he talking to me because I can't really hear him and how weird I thought he was. I was at work though and busy so I didn't ask him if anything was wrong.

One last question, if you don't mind answering CITC1.

Do you know why it took co-worker 6 days after the murders to come forward about the deadly statements CV had made to her regarding his unborn baby and his wife?

I'm really curious if it took her a while to put 2 and 2 together, or if she felt threatened by CV, or if it was something else altogether.

Thank you, in advance.

Dang cats, my heart really goes out to you and your coworkers too. This guy sounds like a vindictive, low-life scum, piece of evil trash. I can't imagine how this has affected everyone who knew him, worked with him, was related to him....especially at this time of year. I have to agree with posters above - the phone/computer searches will probably be nauseating.

Give your sweet little one a huge hug from your friends here. You sound like such a good mom.

Maybe he wanted to isolate Shanna from her family that resides in CO, so he came to TX alone to find housing. If she stayed in CO the outcome might have been prevented

One last question, if you don't mind answering CITC1.

Do you know why it took co-worker 6 days after the murders to come forward about the deadly statements CV had made to her regarding his unborn baby and his wife?

I'm really curious if it took her a while to put 2 and 2 together, or if she felt threatened by CV, or if it was something else altogether.

Thank you, in advance.

That I can not answer I am sure it was a couple of things but I think she actually came forward quite quickly but I know that the staff wasn't interviewed until that Wednesday by the actual detectives. Maybe she was scared, maybe she was in denial that he did it, maybe it was getting the proper paperwork in order for LE to sit down with everyone separately. I am really not sure and I do not know how those things work. I am just glad she did.

He had facebooked me that Wednesday the 21st at 11am asking me to add him on messenger....because we are not friends on the social media site.
He said: Hey please add me and have everyone else add me too! I need as much help, prays, and strength as I can get!
I told him I was not sure what was going on but that I have been praying.
He said: Thanks I'm up in Colorado planning the service trying to keep all the good times on my mind and not what happened.
I am just so sick that he reached out to me after doing this, all I can think is he was hoping I would believe he was the victim in this. Just stomach rolling.

Thank you again, CITC1.

I'm very glad your co-worker came forward too.

I don't like to think about what could have happened if CV had been free to drive away from the jail in Garfield, CO and believe she is a major reason that did not happen.

That I can not answer I am sure it was a couple of things but I think she actually came forward quite quickly but I know that the staff wasn't interviewed until that Wednesday by the actual detectives. Maybe she was scared, maybe she was in denial that he did it, maybe it was getting the proper paperwork in order for LE to sit down with everyone separately. I am really not sure and I do not know how those things work. I am just glad she did.

He had facebooked me that Wednesday the 21st at 11am asking me to add him on messenger....because we are not friends on the social media site.
He said: Hey please add me and have everyone else add me too! I need as much help, prays, and strength as I can get!
I told him I was not sure what was going on but that I have been praying.
He said: Thanks I'm up in Colorado planning the service trying to keep all the good times on my mind and not what happened.
I am just so sick that he reached out to me after doing this, all I can think is he was hoping I would believe he was the victim in this. Just stomach rolling.

Wow..just wow. Sorry you were in any way interjected into any of this, can't imagine how your feeling right now. Sharing his communication or reaching out to you (or any others) to LE might be beneficial and being sick or scared about it all is completely understandable. Thank you so much for sharing with us here on WS!

I thank you too Cats for the insight and this guy can't hold a candle to Jody Arias who was much more clever and might have gotten away with her crime had it not been for Travis' friends and Juan the prosecutor who layed out the entire crime day by day.

I wonder why SV would marry a guy like this and try to build a family ? Surely she knew he was hot tempered ?

If moving to Ft Worth from Colorado was a promotion for him, I am sure he must have had the same behavior at the Colorado Costco. Curious to know this and if other people withheld strange remarks/actions he may have made about his wife etc. I am convinced this guy is suffering from some kind of psychosis and we just don't know how long he has been on meds etc for his condition. Could be the stress of a baby coming or actual baby triggered his psychopathy or made it worse.

Got some shades of Charles Stuart. One difference is Stuart tried to blame the murder on a Black man.

Got some shades of Charles Stuart. One difference is Stuart tried to blame the murder on a Black man.

I remember that crime. I lived in Boston at that time and he committed suicide by jumping off the Tobin bridge

It's scary that you can love someone, sleep with them nightly to have them snap and kill you. All these cases of men murdering their pregnant wives I'm reading about. Truly horrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thank you too Cats for the insight and this guy can't hold a candle to Jody Arias who was much more clever and might have gotten away with her crime had it not been for Travis' friends and Juan the prosecutor who layed out the entire crime day by day.

I wonder why SV would marry a guy like this and try to build a family ? Surely she knew he was hot tempered ?
Well you never expect THIS. Trust me on this one--you never expect your child's father is going to commit homicide. One small bright spot, I guess, is she'll never have to realize and spend the rest of her life blaming herself. Small comforts.

Thank you for confirming that, CITC1.

It's weird as hell to me that CV was texting an accusation involving stabbing and dead bodies to his manager, several hours after he slit his family's throats in their beds and only 3 hours before he called 911 to report they'd been murdered by an intruder.

As weird as this case is already, I have a feeling it's gonna get weirder when LE accesses CV's phone and computer records.

Narcissists often project their own behaviors onto others around them.

I remember that crime. I lived in Boston at that time and he committed suicide by jumping off the Tobin bridge

Charles Stuart is a coward. He could not face the music.

It's scary that you can love someone, sleep with them nightly to have them snap and kill you. All these cases of men murdering their pregnant wives I'm reading about. Truly horrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they have any profile. I suspect there is no clear profile, but share common characteristics like in school shooters and spree killers.

Narcissists often project their own behaviors onto others around them.

That's true and might be all there is to it. But, I think there may be more to the story behind those text allegations the day of the murders.

Anyway, If CV hadn't denied LE access to his phone at the station, gotta believe a detective would have been all over that text right away (assuming CV hadn't deleted it). He may have bought himself a few days of freedom by not turning the phone over.

I wonder if we'll hear much more about the evidence and backstory before trial, now that CV has been arrested. Hope so (as long as it doesn't jeopardize the case). Also very much hoping that the Riddle and Vandewege families are coming to terms with the shocking reality in front of them.

As far as we know he has not confessed to anything (yet), right?

Will he plead not guilty? Will they try an insanity defense? Or stick to the burglary story?

As far as we know he has not confessed to anything (yet), right?

Will he plead not guilty? Will they try an insanity defense? Or stick to the burglary story?

I bet he will want to stick to the 'intruder' story---but I am sure his attorney will convince him that it is impossible at this time. I think he will plead guilty , but use some kind of mental health defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back