Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cameras that are mounted at smaller intersections, I know are on live feeds. However the TXDOT operated cameras take still pictures and the most recent picture can be viewed here: http://its.txdot.gov/ITS_WEB/FrontEnd/default.html?r=DAL1&p=Dallas&t=cctv

I would be really surprised if those snapshots aren't stored somewhere, at least for a certain time period. It may be that the police also don't believe he got on a major highway and stayed on back roads.

Maybe, but why stop speaking to the very investigators doing their very best to find her? Why hire a lawyer? They say Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, that ain't nothing compared to a mother who's child is missing. That ******* would have to run to the investigators for safety if was me, and I too am a survivor of domestic abuse. But if he had pulled something like that the police would be the least of his worries he would have been turning himself in.

Legally, I would suppose that if she had knowledge of a crime--even one that was committed without her knowledge--and allowed the coverup to go forward, she could be charged with complicity.

IMO, I would worry about dad or his lawyer twisting things around on me if I didn’t have my own lawyer. I’d want someone who knows how this works to serve my best interests and help navigate me through the investigation and trial (fingers crossed)
I wouldn't worry about him twisting things around on me. His best,and only option would be to come clean. You think Mama Grizzly is fearsome when it comes to her kiddos. I feared my ex, still do. But if he ever crossed that Rubicon prison,and law enforcement would be the very least of his worries.

I don't think he buried her anywhere; takes too much time.
I don't think he weighted her down and dropped her in the water; too much preparation and time looking for things.
I don't think he dumped her remains out in the open; too much of a risk of being found quickly.
Rather, I think he has her "stashed" somewhere...hidden. A locker, storage, freezer, cabin, boat, RV, something like that.

All of his extended possessions, properties, leisure spots should be examined with a fine tooth comb. I speculate that is where she will be found.

All amateur opinion and speculation

OMG. He was punishing her for "not eating her meal" riiiiight. At 3 am while Mommy was sleeping. Ewwwww eewwwwwwwww. Good Lord what was he doing to that poor little angel?

Yes. I have been wondering what "not drinking her milk" meant as well, but decided it would only make me more upset. If her remains are found quickly we will know what type of abuse she suffered. Mute child. How convenient.

All speculation and opinion only.

EXCELLENT theory!! A very realistic and accessible possibility! Unfortunately, this is tough to search for without SCUBA gear. Maybe someone who has SCUBA gear and/or experience could see if they can check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's all the more reason to get Texas Equisearch involved in searching for this little girl. I can't understand why LE would dismiss the thought so quickly unless it's a pride thing.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I don't think he buried her anywhere; takes too much time.
I don't think he weighted her down and dropped her in the water; too much preparation and time looking for things.
I don't think he dumped her remains out in the open; too much of a risk of being found quickly.
Rather, I think he has her "stashed" somewhere...hidden. A locker, storage, freezer, cabin, boat, RV, something like that.

All of his extended possessions, properties, leisure spots should be examined with a fine tooth comb. I speculate that is where she will be found.

All amateur opinion and speculation

The 24-hr storage facility nearby was another consideration I had. (But I'd also think LE would be aware of it if he had a unit there, and would've checked it.)

That's all the more reason to get Texas Equisearch involved in searching for this little girl. I can't understand why LE would dismiss the thought so quickly unless it's a pride thing.

Complete speculation...his attorney is probably already working on a plea deal. He leads them to the body; gets tried for manslaughter or some less offense.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.

If they've dismissed the Equisearch idea, I'm more inclined to think it has something to do with some facts they know, rather than a pride issue. I believe LE wants to find her, no matter who discovers her--(and multiple agencies are involved.)

JMO, IMO, etc.

It might be worth a try to set up a perimeter for the amount of time the car was gone. I think LE said one hour and that allowed for 30 minutes max out of the neighborhood and 30 minutes back. So translate mph x circumference? Not a math major here sorry.Then look closely inside that area. Is there only one way out of his subdivision or more. There definitely has to be a contained area.

Yep, I think LE figured WM out pretty fast. If he hadn't lawyered up he'd probably would've already talked.
The fact that LE isn't leading search parties will work to his benefit. This is why is troubles me that more isn't being done. Poetry in motion touched on the fact that a lot of the potential search area falls in Dallas jurisdiction so maybe this plays a part.
Once she is found, there may not be a plea deal available.

OMG. He was punishing her for "not eating her meal" riiiiight. At 3 am while Mommy was sleeping. Ewwwww eewwwwwwwww. Good Lord what was he doing to that poor little angel?
Are you suggesting he was sexually abusing her? That's the vibe I get from this post but IMO we don't have any info that points to that.

If they've dismissed the Equisearch idea, I'm more inclined to think it has something to do with some facts they know, rather than a pride issue. I believe LE wants to find her, no matter who discovers her--(and multiple agencies are involved.)

JMO, IMO, etc.
I'm absolutely sure that LE wants to find her, no doubt about it. Are there organized searches going on with search dogs and proper equipment being used? Texas Equisearch has worked with many law enforcement agencies to help with search efforts. I don't think it would hinder the search but could help.

Yes it is, back in 2011 we had a pretty bad drought, the lakes in the area got scary low and they found a car at the bottom of a heavily used boat ramp off LRH in Rowlett with skeletal remains inside, it had possibly been there for years. And that was a busy section of the lake.

I'm in Ohio and I sometimes wonder if there are any ponds in the state that DON'T have missing automobiles at the bottom! Seems a common occurrence. A river near where I work was recently lowered as part of some park construction. At bottom were LOTs of shopping carts and bicycles. SMH.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I see no bruises and no bite mark in the white dress picture of Sherin linked upthread. I see a darling toddler with a little scab area on her left arm (reminds me of poison ivy) at her elbow crease. Also a dimple on her arm. I zoomed in to the photo and still didn't see any bites or bruises.

This is not to say I don't think she was abused...I just don't know. I think IF what the dad said about putting her out by the tree was true, THAT was abusive--but I'm not yet sold on his story, in whole or in part. I've seen the photo with her arm in a sling, too, but so far all that tells me is that she had an arm injury...her previous contact with CPS could've been due to the adoption process for all I know.

So while I think it's *possible* she was routinely abused, these 2 pics alone aren't proving that to me. That's all (at this point).

JMO, IMO, etc.

I agree with you.... the arm in a sling does not concern me for abuse - we couldn’t see if there was a cast on the arm under the sling. At her age, depending on the laxity of the elbow ligaments, nursemaids elbow is very common and wouldn’t require a cast, but a sling to remind the child to limit use would be commonplace. If the ligaments have reached their full strength, a supracondylar fracture of the elbow is commonly caused by falling on an outstretched arm (basically, the notch at the bottom of the upper arm bone buckles due to immaturity when the forearm bones push back on impact) and this would require surgical repair. Neither injury would have signified abuse or warranted CPS involvement.

Of course, this does not rule out prior abuse. Just offering other views of the previous injury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. I think LE knows way more than they're telling us, maybe even a specific search area. I guess we will wait and see. I hope they get something from the other two cars. If there was absolutely nothing there, would it take them this long to process?

Complete speculation...his attorney is probably already working on a plea deal. He leads them to the body; gets tried for manslaughter or some less offense.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.

Texas has the death penalty. I believe that this is useful in some cases to get a perp to reveal location of body(s) in exchange for taking it off the table. I would imagine that this might not come into play until LE has amassed sufficient evidence to convince an alleged murderer and their lawyer that they are likely to be convicted. LE took a lot ob boxes of stuff out of that house. I believe they are sifting through all kinds of things to find evidence of a murder having taken At the same time they are pursuing leads to where the body went.

From the obvious holes thus far, I don't see this as a carefully planned crime. Something happened and everything else is cover.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/301114800294380/

Am I seeing this correctly? This appears to be Sherin's left arm.
The arm that was in a sling was Sherin's right arm, correct?

*Left arm* https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210683947196688&set=gm.301849596887567&type=3&theater
*Right arm* https://www.facebook.com/missingcases/videos/1954419661245025/

I am inclined to say that the video of her with the sling is flipped. In every photo I have seen so far her hair parts the opposite way and it appears to be the natural way her hair falls. With the sling her hair appears to be parted the other direction and that's the first I've seen that with her. So if the video/image is reversed, or if others are, it could be the same arm. I have some apps that reverse things and it looks super weird to me because I am seeing myself the wrong way, I have other apps that don't reverse it and those look normal but as far as looking in the mirror goes, it keeps writing/images on my clothes backward. Just saying that the image mirroring could easily be a possibility even if the images all came from the same device (and different apps).

Lastly, it does look a little bit like a bite mark, in which case I am still not at all surprised. She goes to daycare with kids who are all likely around her age and she has a sister who is a year older than she is. Little kids often bite and it HURTS. Unfortunately, you don't know if your kid is a biter until they have done it and it can take awhile to teach them to stop, so if she is around 15-20 kids every day plus her own sister, there is bound to be one or two in the group who are biters or play super rough.

I'm absolutely sure that LE wants to find her, no doubt about it. Are there organized searches going on with search dogs and proper equipment being used? Texas Equisearch has worked with many law enforcement agencies to help with search efforts. I don't think it would hinder the search but could help.

I have great respect for Texas Equisearch, and also think it theoretically could be helpful in a situation like this. So my take on things as they stand (that LE is choosing not to use them while knowing their wonderful reputation), is that LE somehow knows that particular sort of search won't be helpful.

Which makes me wonder (among other things) if perhaps LE has reason to believe Sherin is not outside, but is 'stashed' somewhere, instead? In any case, I'm more inclined to make that sort of conclusion than question whether professional pride is keeping them from using TE. (That was my only point, if you backtrack our posts).

JMO, IMO...

JMO, IMO, etc.

What is Equisearch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members