Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Did I misunderstand, but hasn't CPS been involved with this "loving family"? What happens behind closed doors may often be very different than the public face. <modsnip>

Speculation and opinion only.

I believe we know that CPS has been involved with this family but not why. I think an earlier poster stated that it might be due to a home study required for Sherin's adoption. I wish we knew the reason.

<modsnip>

I think history has more than taught us that church goer, Sunday school teacher, loving dad (or mom) means nothing. People who fit that bill do horrible things all the time. To other people there probably is truth to it, but we never know what goes on in the home. It's been a cover for bad people, to do bad things, since time began. (I'm a church goer myself, and have seen it plenty of times.) I don't give either of them a pass on a personal level, but all we have is what little LE has shown. So far, they only seem focused on dad for this.

All JMO.

Potentially, I agree, but the poster wrote that he was named a suspect and LE has not named him as such.

It isn't giving me the option to edit it or I would change my phrasing from "named suspect" to something along the lines of "the only one charged for her endangerment". I am guessing that I can't edit it because it has been quoted? Still trying to figure out how the forum/posting works!

You are correct though, he hasn't been named as a suspect in her disappearance, but he has been charged and the alleged actions as confessed by himself are what have lead to her disappearance.

If his affidavit is really what did happen then I can't even imagine what sort of guilt would be going through his head right now knowing that his punishment of her caused her to disappear and also caused his other child to be taken, never mind the fact he has been arrested for endangerment.

I'm still thinking there could be some misinterpretation, as related to the SUV, please correct me if I'm wrong. We do not have confirmation as to when the vehicle was back home, only that it was not there sometime between 4 and 5 and was captured whizzing by during that time. Is this correct? Because if so this could mean he was out until 8amish. This is directly significant as to the search radius/distance possibly traveled.

It isn't giving me the option to edit it or I would change my phrasing from "named suspect" to something along the lines of "the only one charged for her endangerment". I am guessing that I can't edit it because it has been quoted? Still trying to figure out how the forum/posting works!

You are correct though, he hasn't been named as a suspect in her disappearance, but he has been charged and the alleged actions as confessed by himself are what have lead to her disappearance.

If his affidavit is really what did happen then I can't even imagine what sort of guilt would be going through his head right now knowing that his punishment of her caused her to disappear and also caused his other child to be taken, never mind the fact he has been arrested for endangerment.

The 'edit' function is only possible for a small period of time. I am not sure how long. But if you catch your error quickly, you can fix it. Otherwise it stands. lol

I'm still thinking there could be some misinterpretation, as related to the SUV, please correct me if I'm wrong. We do not have confirmation as to when the vehicle was back home, only that it was not there sometime between 4 and 5 and was captured whizzing by durin gthat time. Is this correct? Because if so this could mean he was out until 8amish. This is directly significant as to the search radius/distance possibly traveled.

I may be wrong, but I thought that if the neighbor had video of him leaving the home, they'd likely have him on tape returning as well.

And the police statement seemed to be saying that his car was gone from the home from 4am until 5 am. As in he left home at 4 and returned around 5.

Please, correct me if I am wrong because it is clear as mud.

I may be wrong, but I thought that if the neighbor had video of him leaving the home, they'd likely have him on tape returning as well.

And the police statement seemed to be saying that his car was gone from the home from 4am until 5 am. As in he left home at 4 and returned around 5.

This is how I interpreted the statement because they specifically asked for anyone with cameras within a 30 minute drive to review their footage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of the "loving family" type of comments we are seeing, even in MSM, really do mean absolutely nothing. If you saw someone who wasn't a "loving family" actively abusing their child in public or private wouldn't you call CPS and file a report? The privacy of your own home can be a very scary place. I am NOT saying that this family is or was abusive in any way. There is likely not a single person who is close to this family (unless they live with them) that would know for certain that they are anything other than loving.

It's a tragic truth that murderers really do live next door and walk amongst us, they don't tend to stick out in a crowd and even after a horrible event you almost always hear from neighbours and relatives that they are in absolute shock that the person was capable of such things because of how loving and kind they were. And, you can't arrest people for crimes they MIGHT commit even if they are unstable.

I hate to type this, but look for vulture activity...

I agree the police are being awfully vague with what they do know regarding this timeframe and it is confusing!

The way I interpreted it was that they have caught the vehicle on a camera leaving and heading home at 4 & 5 but it was likely a really poor angle and just enough to see the plate and not a driver or any passengers. This is pure speculation and interpretation though because they haven't clarified it. Initially I thought that maybe a neighbour like the brisket man said he saw that vehicle leave at 4 (when he was outside doing his grill) and return at 5, but again, it hasn't been confirmed if LE knows this time frame because of camera or human, and TBH in either case, the time stamp could be off -which the police know is possible or they wouldn't have asked for any footage even if it has the wrong time stamp!

According to this article, you are correct:

"But now, investigators said they are hoping someone has surveillance video after learning someone left in the family's SUV the morning the girl disappeared.

Police believe if such a video exists, it might shed light on Sherin's disappearance in Richardson.

"The SUV returned to the home an hour later. Richardson police said her father called 911 sometime thereafter."

No problem. I just wanted to clarify that LE has not named him a suspect as of now.

I don't believe for a second that what he said happened is what actually happened. It's my opinion that he played some role in whatever happened to Sherin, but I'm not yet convinced that he alone is responsible. There is so little information available. If LE even knows who was driving the Acura SUV that morning, they are not saying.

"Detectives and FBI agents searched Mathews&#8217;s house midweek, and subsequently announcedthat someone left in the family&#8217;s SUV about 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, and returned home within the hour."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...went-missing-at-3-a-m/?utm_term=.f4c54a81dd9f

She's got to be fairly close by then, 30 min distance max on a quick dump, account for possible time at the site, could be closer. 20 minutes out appox? 10 if he took time more time there?

Do we know if they've searched near the hospital yet?

I believe the timeframe 4-5am may have come from a neighbor's surveillance camera that saw a SUV "whizz" by during that time frame (see post upthread).

Also upthread was a news article (one interviewing his parents) stating he worked for Citicorp. Another poster volunteered Citicorp in Irving--but no confirmation of that, yet. But if not, there are numerous offices around the country (including NYC) that he might have been involved with.

In my personal opinion he was involved in private investing, whether or not he worked in a particular, local branch of Citicorp.

That would of been me. It was in reference to all the unnecessary information, such as where he was employed, Then I recalled someone saying he was an IT, and just was pointing out that even banks have IT people., because Citi was named, I used it as an example. I wasn't the one that listed the branch offices in Irving.

Most major corporations have IT techs. Call centers have IT people. Even Home Depot have IT people ie Ross Harris.

"Detectives and FBI agents searched Mathews&#8217;s house midweek, and subsequently announcedthat someone left in the family&#8217;s SUV about 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, and returned home within the hour."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...went-missing-at-3-a-m/?utm_term=.f4c54a81dd9f

She's got to be fairly close by then, 30 min distance max on a quick dump, account for possible time at the site, could be closer. 20 minutes out appox? 10 if he took time more time there?

Hi there my sweet friend! :)

I feel LE knows Sherin is deceased, but really with an hour leeway she could be anywhere. That is a tremendous amount of area to cover inch by inch. That is almost an impossible task. I think they are waiting to compile all of the video footage so that they will have at least some idea what area to look for her.

Without that the police searchers are really in the dark about where she could be. A tiny little body like Sherin's IS really like looking for a teeny tiny needle in a huge haystack, and at this time LE doesn't even know which haystack to start looking in. Hopefully, that will change very soon.

We have seen in many other cases where massive searches were being done by police and outsiders for weeks, months or even years yet the victim wasn't ever found. In many of the missing person cases another person not even connected to LE or the victim or searchers found the victim's remains purely by happenstance even though others had searched and searched to no avail.

Although it is 30 minutes each way LE has no way of knowing which way is the right way. Its like a dog chasing his tail. I think they are busy narrowing down the search grid area and doing other investigative work concerning this tragic case.

It isn't that uncommon for some police departments to not want searches done by outsiders because they know the average citizen doesn't know how to preserve evidence if they come upon it and can actually contaminate the evidence.

What I am so afraid of is even if LE finds the general area he went they may never locate her little body and she will become like so many others who remain missing.:( I pray that is not the case though.

I was thinking earlier that my youngest was just over 9lbs when he was born, he was 20lbs by the time he was a year old and still was so tiny. It would be so easy to hide a child that size :( You see parents wearing their babies and toddlers every day, someone that tiny could have been inside of a pillowcase, a small gym bag or even a grocery bag. It's so scary to think of all the places she could be hidden because of her size. She could be in high grass, next to a large tree (making the tree story real), and no one would see her. It's a solemn reminder that any nook or cranny could hold her.
I am still holding onto a glimmer of hope that she is alive and that is why the police aren't doing the ground or aerial searches for her, but I also can't help but wonder what sort of danger she is in if she is being stowed away by people who aren't willing to come forward and claim they found her or drop her off at a hospital/police/fire station and drive off...

Margarita, for what it's worth I searched the line of vegetation along the creek side of Medical City Hospital yesterday afternoon for about an hour. I barely made a dent, and it wasn't a professional search, but it was a start - thought you had a good idea about him maybe taking her to the emergency room that night.

(Also thought of you as I swung by the Walmart Supercenter at Central & Midpark and checked a dumpster there at the Murphy USA service station. Just white trash bags full of fast food remnants.)

I suspect they need to narrow the search field a bit before that would be useful.

Sorry, that was misconstrued due to my brevity (darn iPad). You asked what Equusearch was, and I both answered ('search teams on horseback') and advised that a Google search would give you more info about the group.

ETA: oh, THAT search field...lol. I'm sorry! :eek: Yes, they would need to pin things down geographically a bit more, I'd think, to make best use of that resource.

attachment.php
This is a crime map of the area around the residence from the Richardson Pd
http://www.cor.net/index.aspx?page=1550

Attachments

• 642F3536-F674-470D-A6F8-C23C562DBAF8.jpg
    642F3536-F674-470D-A6F8-C23C562DBAF8.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics