Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am furious the police did not conduct these searches immediately upon the disappearance of Sherin.

What searches? Of the field where they are today? How would they have known to do that??

This search area seems kind of 'public', especially if the guy was dumping her around 4-5 AM. There might start to be some people waking up, getting ready, going to work, especially for a school.

It could be a laundry bag , but it looks pretty clean to me. We work with homeless in Portland frequently and rarely do laundry bags or pillow cases appear clean .
Still watching , waiting and praying

This search area seems kind of 'public', especially if the guy was dumping her around 4-5 AM. There might start to be some people waking up, getting ready, going to work, especially for a school.

It does seem public, but the trees and the large fields etc appear to be pretty far away from any actual buildings for the most part. Perhaps one of the tips leading to this search was someone seeing headlights off in the field on their way to work? Just a guess but it would have been dark out and even if the vehicle was shut off, it would have had lights on while driving too and from the location.

In my amateur speculation and opinion only, I do not believe there was any milk. I do not believe they went outside for punishment. I speculate the child was deceased inside the home before being transported for disposal/hiding. I speculate the laundry cleaning was an attempt to hide blood and/other DNA substances.

All speculation and opinion only. How I wish I were wrong, but doubt I am.

You are probably right. But if this man is going to CONFESS to breaking a law, I bet LE is happy to accept his confession and lock him up while they investigate the rest. :jail:

I wouldn't call looking out by the tree to see if she was still there 'searching'. And that's all he did. He never did search for her--he called the police (or his wife did) 5 hours later and they searched for her.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought he said he went out in the car to search for her, too.

Any updates ? Saw a dog heading out with a handler ....
praying !

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought he said he went out in the car to search for her, too.

The police have since learned the car was in use from 4am to 5am but that did't come from him. It appears that he left that part out of his story.

Well, he did say that he intended to wait for her to come home rather than go back outside and look for her.

jmopinion

I think that the initial charge was just to put sufficient control on him to keep him in the country. Likely to be adjusted as evidence is turned up. IOW--broad brush.

Maybe I am the only one, but I am furious the police did not conduct these searches immediately upon the disappearance of Sherin.
Respectfully, I don't think it's fair to judge. We only have a small fraction of the information they have. I'm sure they aren't perfect, but I really think they have been methodically working on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have wondered this repeatedly and simply don't understand. The excuse given before was that they must know she's already deceased. Well 10 days later she's surely deceased even if she hadn't been a week ago. So I don't understand why 10 days to amass the manpower to do this.

It's not about manpower. It's about figuring out where to look.

I'm going to say this and I'm not trying to be harsh but when I first tuned in to the search live feed, there were two police officers walking along a creek "searching". I've seen guys search harder for a stray golf ball then these two were just giving a cursory eyeball along the dense wild brush that lined the side of the creek they were walking.
I know it would suck to have to get into that brush with snakes and who knows what in there, but I believe a person who might have hidden her would have made it a little hard to see by someone strolling by.
Since the incident we did have one night of storms and fairly high winds which could have covered up any disturbance fr hiding this precious girl.

Respectfully, I don't think it's fair to judge. We only have a small fraction of the information they have. I'm sure they aren't perfect, but I really think they have been methodically working on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree.

I believe when more information is released, there will be very good reasons for how they have approached this situation. They also have other LE agencies involved. I have lived in other areas of North Texas where I did not have confidence in LE. I am quote confident they are doing right by little Sherin.

How do they know where to look in any case of disappearance? I would assume they would start a grid search around the house and go outward.

They start with information as well. There was no information to lead them to that field until now.
jmo

How do they know where to look in any case of disappearance? I would assume they would start a grid search around the house and go outward.

That was my initial thought too 'how are they going to find her if they don't start looking'. But it appears that rather than look for a needle in a haystack when there are 500 haystacks, they spent their time methodically narrowing it down to one haystack. It appears that they're confident that they're in the right vicinity and are likely to find her soon.

I wouldn't call looking out by the tree to see if she was still there 'searching'. And that's all he did. He never did search for her--he called the police (or his wife did) 5 hours later and they searched for her.

So he could clean things up, rehearse his story, and calm down?
Speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member