Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say this and I'm not trying to be harsh but when I first tuned in to the search live feed, there were two police officers walking along a creek "searching". I've seen guys search harder for a stray golf ball then these two were just giving a cursory eyeball along the dense wild brush that lined the side of the creek they were walking.
I know it would suck to have to get into that brush with snakes and who knows what in there, but I believe a person who might have hidden her would have made it a little hard to see by someone strolling by.
Since the incident we did have one night of storms and fairly high winds which could have covered up any disturbance fr hiding this precious girl.

I thought the same thing while watching, then I heard that they were also searching other areas and thought maybe they were searching this area more as a decoy. I heard from several different feeds today that LE didn't want MSM to say where they were searching, and weren't giving exact locations out. Clearly MSM found them anyway, at least in some of the cases, but I really hope some of these scenes with people taking a good stroll with police jackets weren't supposed to be doing anything other than keeping choppers and film crews away from the important scenes

So he could clean things up, rehearse his story, and calm down?
Speculation only.

I don't think he rehearsed THAT story. If he had, he would have changed it during the first rehearsal. (Worst story in the history of crime--I'm still smh)

There had to be at some point. Otherwise we wouldn't of heard about Sherin gone missing.
There are other ways to report someone missing besides 911. Call a non emergency police number, walk into a police station, flag down an officer driving by, heck you can probably even just message them on fb. Not condoning that of course :) just saying I'm sure there isn't a 911 call for every MP.

I'd love to hear how he explained this to 911.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd love to hear the operator's response when he told him/her what happened. Probably something along the line of: "Whaaaaaat?????"

Unless you said "whilst," I'd likely not notice you are a Brit. That's always the dead giveaway. ;-)

For me dead giveaways are 'Mum' instead of Mom, and any reference to 'sort it out' or 'sort him out'. I ❤️ 🇬🇧

For me dead giveaways are 'Mum' instead of Mom, and any reference to 'sort it out' or 'sort him out'. I [emoji173]️ [emoji636]
Rubbish bin. We should start something in the game room called "dead giveaways you're a Brit."

For me dead giveaways are 'Mum' instead of Mom, and any reference to 'sort it out' or 'sort him out'. I ❤️ ����

And "maths." We Americans don't put the "s" at the end of the word, but simply say, "math."

Richardson Police Department
1 hour ago
"During the course of this investigation we have developed information that has lead us to more specific areas. We conducted multiple searches in those areas of interest today. These searches were done with numerous officers and the assistance of a law enforcement drone task force and K9's. Fields, creeks and wooded areas were some of the searched locations. Detectives will evaluate the results of today's efforts while the investigation continues. We encourage anyone who may have direct information concerning this case to contact us at 972-744-4800."
https://www.facebook.com/RichardsonPD/posts/1496483343768972:0

Rubbish bin. We should start something in the game room called "dead giveaways you're a Brit."

For me, it's the 'u' in some words---like flavour vs flavor or behaviour vs behavior

Richardson Police Department
1 hour ago
"During the course of this investigation we have developed information that has lead us to more specific areas. We conducted multiple searches in those areas of interest today. These searches were done with numerous officers and the assistance of a law enforcement drone task force and K9's. Fields, creeks and wooded areas were some of the searched locations. Detectives will evaluate the results of today's efforts while the investigation continues. We encourage anyone who may have direct information concerning this case to contact us at 972-744-4800."
https://www.facebook.com/RichardsonPD/posts/1496483343768972:0
I'm curious what the "results of today's efforts" will show. Also curious if they have additional searches planned that they didn't get to today. Anyone know? I know this has been discussed before but I may have missed the reply- has there been any confirmation from anyone regarding the last time someone other than Sherin's parents saw her?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know some of us feel anxious about the manner or effort put into the search for Sherin in the first critical 48 hours. If LE found a possible crime scene inside the house - either during the first cursory walk-through immediately after the 911 call, or during the more thorough warranted-search - like, say blood on a floor or wall, that had been cleaned up... might LE conclude that there was enough blood there at one point, that most certainly pointed to a death? And that's why they said to themselves, 'she's not alive.' And yet at that point there was still not enough to make an arrest for manslaughter or murder? So they've got to find her body? (Do I make sense?)

I'm curious what the "results of today's efforts" will show. Also curious if they have additional searches planned that they didn't get to today. Anyone know? I know this has been discussed before but I may have missed the reply- has there been any confirmation from anyone regarding the last time someone other than Sherin's parents saw her?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Maybe 'results of today's efforts' means if the items of interest they found today can be confirmed as coming from the Mathew's home?

Search Intensifies in Field Near Missing Girl's Home

Ten days after the disappearance of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews, police officers are scouring a field near Richland College.
Law enforcement officers from Johnson County and the Mansfield Police Department used a drone to assist Richardson police and fire in a search of a field near the intersection of S. Greenville Avenue and Walnut Street. Police would not confirm who or what they were looking for and would only say they were assisting another law enforcement agency.

At one point during the search, officers in a vehicle marked "Crime Scene Investigator" pulled up to a grove of trees being guarded by officers. The investigators put on gloves and removed something from beneath the trees and placed it in the back of their vehicle.

The officers left the scene a short time later and drove the evidence to the police station. Officials later said they found "objects of interest," though they didn't specify what the objects were or to which case they may be related.

~snip

More at link:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...ssing-Girls-Home-451283723.html#ixzz4vp6t3llN

I know some of us feel anxious about the manner or effort put into the search for Sherin in the first critical 48 hours. If LE found a possible crime scene inside the house - either during the first cursory walk-through immediately after the 911 call, or during the more thorough warranted-search - like, say blood on a floor or wall, that had been cleaned up... might LE conclude that there was enough blood there at one point, that most certainly pointed to a death? And that's why they said to themselves, 'she's not alive.' And yet at that point there was still not enough to make an arrest for manslaughter or murder? So they've got to find her body? (Do I make sense?)
I think this is exactly what happened and that is why they called off the Amber Alert. IMO they have assumed she is deceased from that time. Whether it was blood, or missing items that had been disposed of or maybe they found info that she has been missing from school or something and they concluded this. I have no clue what this "evidence" is but the amount of stuff they carried off and the fact the house was yellow taped and searched inside and out by FBI with crime scene tape, i think it's fair to assume that they found something that Sherin's life ceased :(

I don't think they have to find her body to press charges, I think that they are hoping that the dads GPS tracking will lead them to the body or to evidence though. He isn't on house arrest and therefore to my knowledge is free to try and cover things up and roam around, I think the police likely specifically requested the GPS ankle monitor in hopes that he would lead them directly to Sherin. Again speculation but it does seem likely. I had been under the impression that he was on some sort of house arrest with the ankle monitor but saw today on one of the MSM feeds, perhaps Maria Guererro? that it was a tracking monitor and not a house arrest type.

All of this is clearly speculation based on what I remember of the events so if anything needs corrected or if anyone has better information that would be most welcome!!

This search area seems kind of 'public', especially if the guy was dumping her around 4-5 AM. There might start to be some people waking up, getting ready, going to work, especially for a school.

It was a Saturday morning... would not have been a huge number of people around at 4am near the school - it’s a Community College... not a dorm-type campus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And "maths." We Americans don't put the "s" at the end of the word, but simply say, "math."

You know, we are probably in the wrong on that one... it’s mathematics, not mathematic... I JUST realized that [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do they know where to look in any case of disappearance? I would assume they would start a grid search around the house and go outward.

Perhaps if the evidence indicated that the missing person walked off. In this case the canines weren't finding any trail. And the later evidence showed that the SUV had left the house. So searching from the house outward wouldn't be appropriate. They began by looking for video to give clues about where the SUV went--along with whatever other forensics and analysis from the stuff they got at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE