Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what confused me as well about the Amber Alert. I've seen them go on for days/weeks, so I was SHOCKED when this one was removed so quickly. I saw the Amber Alert being shared on twitter, when it was taken down, Sherin stopped trending. People assume if the Amber Alert is removed that the child is found and they stop looking and sharing because it is "old news". The first thing I did was google to see if she was safe and when I saw she wasn't my next reaction was to assume they aren't looking for her because they have found out she is deceased and to my knowledge Amber Alerts are only for living people, again we don't have anything confirming this theory either and it is confusing for the public. Either she is missing and should be assumed to be alived and searched for, or she is missing and people should be told to search fields and outbuildings etc as they presume she has passed. This feels like such a big cover up because we have NO CLUE what to be looking for. I know LE likely has a ton of information, but it's just shocking that they aren't encouraging the public to find her.
BBM I can't help but think that they have a pretty good idea as to what happened. Either one of the parents confessed or ratted out the other. MOO

It was a Saturday morning... would not have been a huge number of people around at 4am near the school - it’s a Community College... not a dorm-type campus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If there are no dorms, I really can't imagine anyone being around at 4 am. Earliest classes probably start at 8 am.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another shot of the item retrieved today
attachment.php

Complete text of Texas penal code re: child abandonment
Sec. 22.041. ABANDONING OR ENDANGERING CHILD. [SUP](1569)[/SUP]

(a) In this section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult would leave a child of that age and ability. [SUP](1570)[/SUP]
(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm. [SUP](1571)[/SUP]
(c) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15 years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment. [SUP](1572)[/SUP]
(c-1) For purposes of Subsection (c), it is presumed that a person engaged in conduct that places a child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment if: [SUP](1573)
[/SUP]
(1) the person manufactured, possessed, or in any way introduced into the body of any person the controlled substance methamphetamine in the presence of the child; [SUP](1574)[/SUP]
(2) the person's conduct related to the proximity or accessibility of the controlled substance methamphetamine to the child and an analysis of a specimen of the child's blood, urine, or other bodily substance indicates the presence of methamphetamine in the child's body; or [SUP](1575)[/SUP]
(3) the person injected, ingested, inhaled, or otherwise introduced a controlled substance listed in Penalty Group 1, Section 481.102, Health and Safety Code, into the human body when the person was not in lawful possession of the substance as defined by Section 481.002(24) of that code. [SUP](1576)[/SUP]
(d) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an offense under Subsection (b) is: [SUP](1577)[/SUP]
(1) a state jail felony if the actor abandoned the child with intent to return for the child; or [SUP](1578)[/SUP]
(2) a felony of the third degree if the actor abandoned the child without intent to return for the child. [SUP](1579)[/SUP]
(e) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the second degree if the actor abandons the child under circumstances that a reasonable person would believe would place the child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment. [SUP](1580)[/SUP]
(f) An offense under Subsection (c) is a state jail felony. [SUP](1581)[/SUP]
(g) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (c) that the act or omission enables the child to practice for or participate in an organized athletic event and that appropriate safety equipment and procedures are employed in the event. [SUP](1582)[/SUP]
(h) It is an exception to the application of this section that the actor voluntarily delivered the child to a designated emergency infant care provider under Section 262.302, Family Code. [SUP](1583)[/SUP]
Added by Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 791, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1985. Amended by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 904, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 687, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1087, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1999; Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 809, Sec. 7, eff. Sept. 1, 2001. [SUP](1584)

red is is what the dad is currently charges with
blue is a simple upgrade possible to the charge

3rd degree felony is a sentence of 2 - 10 years
2nd degree is a sentence of 2 - 20 years

[/SUP]

Attachments

• D117369B-E3E3-47B2-BB44-CC9E95C3F191.jpeg
    D117369B-E3E3-47B2-BB44-CC9E95C3F191.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 429
attachment.php

(a) In this section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult would leave a child of that age and ability. [SUP](1570)[/SUP]
(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm. [SUP](1571)[/SUP]
(c) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15 years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment. [SUP](1572)[/SUP]
(c-1) For purposes of Subsection (c), it is presumed that a person engaged in conduct that places a child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment if: [SUP](1573)
[/SUP]
(1) the person manufactured, possessed, or in any way introduced into the body of any person the controlled substance methamphetamine in the presence of the child; [SUP](1574)[/SUP]
(2) the person's conduct related to the proximity or accessibility of the controlled substance methamphetamine to the child and an analysis of a specimen of the child's blood, urine, or other bodily substance indicates the presence of methamphetamine in the child's body; or [SUP](1575)[/SUP]
(3) the person injected, ingested, inhaled, or otherwise introduced a controlled substance listed in Penalty Group 1, Section 481.102, Health and Safety Code, into the human body when the person was not in lawful possession of the substance as defined by Section 481.002(24) of that code. [SUP](1576)[/SUP]
(d) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an offense under Subsection (b) is: [SUP](1577)[/SUP]
(1) a state jail felony if the actor abandoned the child with intent to return for the child; or [SUP](1578)[/SUP]
(2) a felony of the third degree if the actor abandoned the child without intent to return for the child. [SUP](1579)[/SUP]
(e) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the second degree if the actor abandons the child under circumstances that a reasonable person would believe would place the child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment. [SUP](1580)[/SUP]
(g) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (c) that the act or omission enables the child to practice for or participate in an organized athletic event and that appropriate safety equipment and procedures are employed in the event. [SUP](1582)[/SUP]
(h) It is an exception to the application of this section that the actor voluntarily delivered the child to a designated emergency infant care provider under Section 262.302, Family Code. [SUP](1583)[/SUP]
Added by Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 791, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1985. Amended by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 904, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 687, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1087, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1999; Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 809, Sec. 7, eff. Sept. 1, 2001. [SUP](1584)

[/SUP]
I can see why the lawyer said he could get up to 20 years. I believe the charge should be felony in the 2nd degree.

I can see why the lawyer said he could get up to 20 years. I believe the charge should be felony in the 2nd degree.

I mean, how would a "reasonable person" not realize that placing a 3 year old outside in the dark where coyotes have been seen could result in physical harm. (Not that I believe his story, but that's what he confessed to.) He may as well have placed her on the side of the interstate to get hit by a car.

attachment.php

[/SUP]

[/SUP]

Thanks for this... I would think just his admission that coyotes have been seen in the area would qualify him for a F2 - at a minimum, she was at risk of bodily harm!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM I can't help but think that they have a pretty good idea as to what happened. Either one of the parents confessed or ratted out the other. MOO

I think it was Maria Guererro (i can never spell her name right), said today that the mothers lawyer wouldn't confirm or deny what the mother thought happened (it may have been an officer wouldn't confirm what the mother said, tired brain), but I thought when I heard this that it was likely that one of the parents is co-operating and the public is being told otherwise knowing that they do not want to tip the other parent off via the media.

I think it was Maria Guererro (i can never spell her name right), said today that the mothers lawyer wouldn't confirm or deny what the mother thought happened (it may have been an officer wouldn't confirm what the mother said, tired brain), but I thought when I heard this that it was likely that one of the parents is co-operating and the public is being told otherwise knowing that they do not want to tip the other parent off via the media.

And apparently they're not both living in the house now. He's elsewhere. JMO

I'm going to say this and I'm not trying to be harsh but when I first tuned in to the search live feed, there were two police officers walking along a creek "searching". I've seen guys search harder for a stray golf ball then these two were just giving a cursory eyeball along the dense wild brush that lined the side of the creek they were walking.
I know it would suck to have to get into that brush with snakes and who knows what in there, but I believe a person who might have hidden her would have made it a little hard to see by someone strolling by.
Since the incident we did have one night of storms and fairly high winds which could have covered up any disturbance fr hiding this precious girl.

I believe they were using a search tactic called sign cutting. I know it might look like much searching is being done but it's much better not to disturb things that have not been disturbed to effectly clear out areas.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Today they said that the FBI was not part of the searches. Do we know why they were called in and why they searched the Mathews home?
Initially, I assumed because of possible child abduction and I *think* that is almost always FBI jurisdiction, but by the time they searched the Mathews home the Amber Alert was called off and the FBI still helped conduct that search. I wonder if it was behaviour analysis type agents, or if they had special equipment or maybe they have a faster process for possible blood analysis? Would love to know what role the FBI may have had here and I know a lot of you have been on WS for awhile and may have some insight into this! Thanks!!

Today they said that the FBI was not part of the searches. Do we know why they were called in and why they searched the Mathews home?
Initially, I assumed because of possible child abduction and I *think* that is almost always FBI jurisdiction, but by the time they searched the Mathews home the Amber Alert was called off and the FBI still helped conduct that search. I wonder if it was behaviour analysis type agents, or if they had special equipment or maybe they have a faster process for possible blood analysis? Would love to know what role the FBI may have had here and I know a lot of you have been on WS for awhile and may have some insight into this! Thanks!!
This link could further explain their operations process.
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2006/june/cardteam_061606

This link could further explain their operations process.
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2006/june/cardteam_061606

Thanks! It's good to know that they come in as routine procedure. I would hope that that would stop any local bias that may come esp in small towns where everyone knows everyone. As in the whole "they are a good person who would never hurt anyone" mindset being voided by the FBI investigators that local LE may have!

Praying that their team is making strides with everything they collected and we get Sherin home.

I was going to post a longer response regarding indian culture, dowries and the female condition including my own experiences being a pregnant woman subjected to Indian healthcare ..

But as i sit here cradling my 15 month old daughter. . Who weighs about 21 pounds.. and is about 2.5 feet tall give or take.. i cant help but marvel that this is what Sherin would have felt like.. looked like..

And how could anyone.. be so violently agressive as to cause grave bodily harm.. my faith in humanity wants to believe this was a horrific accident. . Followed by terrible decisions.

I am exhausted.. Please mom.. cooperate (or continue to cooperate..)

I'd love to hear the operator's response when he told him/her what happened. Probably something along the line of: "Whaaaaaat?????"
The operator was probably thinking "oh no, not another one".

I hope the FBI uses the Black Hawk Helecopters to help in the search.

If there are no dorms, I really can't imagine anyone being around at 4 am. Earliest classes probably start at 8 am.

Campus security? I would think plenty of cams around there?

This is an excellent Q&A with Maria Guerrero, answering questions of viewers. Well worth listening/watching. here are some things I thought was important:
Other notes from Maria answering questions posted during her live stream: 1 car has been returned. 2 cars are still being processed. LE took computers and cellphones. LE has not said why they know the vehicle was gone btw 4-5 am. LE is combing through video that has been given to them from the 15 mile radius of Sherin's home. Other daughter is not at the house/with parents. White Rock Lake is not part of the 15 mile radius. WM is an IT. No one else lived at the house except the parents and children. Man who opened door at the house for FBI is elderly man, a family member, thought to be the mom's father. LE had searched the field near the college before, and returned there today. Is the mother supportive of the father's account of events? Mother's attorney would not answer question with yes/no, just said she was cooperating with LE. LE is not saying if they have interviewed the 4 year old daughter or not. WM's attorney is not returning the reporters' calls. Maria said she will ask about life insurance. Neither parent has taken a polygraph. Maria repeated the info about the church NOT bonding WM out. Please pass that on.

BBM.

Was cooperating and is now not? Or was cooperating again today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat