Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that their family doctor will be able to illuminate the behavior of the parents towards Sherin.

I am curious as to whether they even discussed Sherin losing weight because she was unable to eat or drink enough, for whatever reasons.

maybe they were not feeding her?
i get bad vibes here.
there is no reason a 3 yr old should be in a garage at 3 am having milk poured down her throat.

Yeah my Tapatalk wasn't letting me edit and bold, snip or highlight what I was taking, lol...

I may be in the minority, but I think Sherin felt love every day she was with the Mathews. You can fake a smile, you can't fake the spark in the eye... Does that mean there wasn't also hurt? No... But IMO it shows the love seemed to outweigh any pain... Had she been missing that glimmer and spark in her eyes and her smile then I could see it as a forced photo... Sherin was loved, but for whatever reason, the evil side of humanity reared its head [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. People, and relationships, are complex. Children are sorta hard-wired to bond. And love is no inoculation from abuse. It would be simpler if we could just sort people into the good ones and the bad ones. But the reality is so different. Adult abuse survivors who reflect back on their childhood may well remember good times and bad times. And most never wanted their family to go away, they just wanted the hurting to stop. Many even internalized whatever was happening, going to great lengths to try to prevent the anger or beating or whatever it was. Even adults who experience abuse from a spouse may feel responsible for whatever is going on.

Not easy stuff.

It's not uncommon to get preliminary autopsy results. Any idea why we might not be getting a preliminary report? Aside from the fact that a preliminary autopsy report would give WM another opportunity to spin more of a 'story'.

Anyone fearing an autopsy would be inconclusive based on the autopsy mount of time she was in the elements?

I think it's an intensely active investigation and preliminary is not going tor released just yet. I think they'll keep things sealed pretty tight for a bit.

But, anything the lawyers say is privileged and it sounds like they're using the same law firm... Plus they speak other languages, they could get a story together before anyone knew and you can't get that info back once it's exchanged....

If attorneys were to be involved in any such collusion, it would be highly unethical.

Hmmmmmmm. I wonder why the other parental unit wasn't demanding answers as to why daughter was missing, and why the car mat purchase. No Gee Why does the Accura smell like vomit? No what's up with the sunroof? No where in the hell is our daughter?
I just Don't understand.
I would be flipping my lid, and calling 911 ASAP.
It does not compute.

We don't yet know what was purchased at Cosco, ìt hasn't been reported.

For some reason my little “cache” has gone away. It is not there on Google chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers for iPad and iPhone.Hmmmm make note to self to check go to App Store and look for new browsers.

Using Google chrome, if you open an incognito window/tab, you can view dallasnews.com without signing up and if you use an *********. Just open each new article with them in a new incognito tab and it start your "free" article count over.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 Yeah my Tapatalk wasn't letting me edit and bold, snip or highlight what I was taking, lol...

I may be in the minority, but I think Sherin felt love every day she was with the Mathews. You can fake a smile, you can't fake the spark in the eye... Does that mean there wasn't also hurt? No... But IMO it shows the love seemed to outweigh any pain... Had she been missing that glimmer and spark in her eyes and her smile then I could see it as a forced photo... Sherin was loved, but for whatever reason, the evil side of humanity reared its head
emoji17.png

Having worked with county advocacy center for years with child/minor victims of abuse and CPS and CASA... I'm sorry to be so frank...but that is simply not true. Plenty of severely abused children have a "spark" even while going through hell. It's amazing and devastating at the same time.

The best example that immediately came to my mind when I read the post above was Victoria Martens. I don’t think I personally have ever seen a child with more “spark”. Reading her autopsy made me ill. Yet every picture of her had a smile that could melt icebergs. Yet mom had been pimple that sweet angel out for quite some time before her final rape, murder and dismemberment.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 Yeah my Tapatalk wasn't letting me edit and bold, snip or highlight what I was taking, lol...

I may be in the minority, but I think Sherin felt love every day she was with the Mathews. You can fake a smile, you can't fake the spark in the eye... Does that mean there wasn't also hurt? No... But IMO it shows the love seemed to outweigh any pain... Had she been missing that glimmer and spark in her eyes and her smile then I could see it as a forced photo... Sherin was loved, but for whatever reason, the evil side of humanity reared its head
emoji17.png

Having worked with county advocacy center for years with child/minor victims of abuse and CPS and CASA... I'm sorry to be so frank...but that is simply not true. Plenty of severely abused children have a "spark" even while going through hell. It's amazing and devastating at the same time.

The best example that immediately came to my mind when I read the post above was Victoria Martens. I don’t think I personally have ever seen a child with more “spark”. Reading her autopsy made me ill. Yet every picture of her had a smile that could melt icebergs. Yet mom had been pimple that sweet angel out for quite some time before her final rape, murder and dismemberment.

Does anyone beside me think it is unlikely a toddler with an eating or drinking disorder would go undiagnosed while living with a nurse? I'm baffled on the disorder discussion when it appears her malnurishment while in the orphanage was a result of poverty. There simply wasn't enough money to properly feed the children in the orphanage. Once she arrived here she no longer looked gaunt and appeared well nurished.

I'm lost on the dual citizenship discussion as well. I don't understand how it pertains to Sherins death.

I don't mean to be snarky, I just really don't understand.

Aspirating, if thats the case can often go unnoticed or misconstrued if it isn't severe. Sometimes it takes getting pneumonia a few times before a swallow test is even considered.

Using Google chrome, if you open an incognito window/tab, you can view dallasnews.com without signing up and if you use an *********. Just open each new article with them in a new incognito tab and it start your "free" article count over.

Sometimes you can also just copy/paste the article title, then do a Google search for it. That's how our local newspaper site works anyway (not in Dallas).

You are correct in that children coming from international orphanages are given bottles in bed. But once they learn to sit up, they are noisy little ones and will sit to drink their bottle.

Malnourishment is often seen in these children. From the ones I've seen, the person feeding them only spends so much time with each child so they quickly learn to gobble their food down. The child cries when the carer moves to the next child as the one she just left learns early that that is all the food for that feeding. Teaching the child there was plenty of food, and not to gobble it down, has been a problem with all the adopted children I know. The ones that are on the plus side of two, want to hide food they are so afraid this luxury will disappear.

Different countries will say there is "something wrong with a child " to make them eligible for adoption out of the country. The ones I am aware of all got that declaration on their paperwork. Fortunately, upon their local pediatrician checking the baby out, nothing was wrong with the exception of malnourished and not meeting their milestones. How could they meet milestones when they are left in cribs or play pens all day long with no one working with them?

The five of them are developing wonderfully well and no one would guess how their little lives started.

All countries have different rules. One country would not let the child take the parents name until one year after the adoption and the child was in this country. The adoption was final, just the name change hold off.

kewl. Awesome thanks so much. I almost bought an online subscription this morning LOL

Yes!!!!! Then he said it!
ceeepy huh?

Do you have a link for that, where he said he "forced her to swallow and held her mouth and nose shut to do so?"
Because all I have seen is that he said he physically assisted her in drinking.
This case is bad enough without embellishment of the details.
Also, this is WS, remember. We pride ourselves on facts, not wanting rumors growing legs.
If there is indeed a LE or MSM link showing this statement, I truly apologize, and I would like to see it.

Hmmmmmmm. I wonder why the other parental unit wasn't demanding answers as to why daughter was missing, and why the car mat purchase. No Gee Why does the Accura smell like vomit? No what's up with the sunroof? No where in the hell is our daughter?
I just Don't understand.
It does not compute.

He didn’t purchase a car mat, but a car mat was listed on items seized from his vehicle.

And I hear you, none of us will ever understand.

Once I read yesterday that all of this happened in their garage, I had to step away. The nauseating emotions I felt at that time were just too much. For some reason it left me shaking like a leaf. It has taken me until now to even begin posting again on this thread. Most cases do not affect me like this.

I don't know what exactly happened to Sherin, but I cant control my own mind when thinking something very sinister was going on in that home. I am not even sure his definition of 'milk' is what most people think of when they hear it or say it. I question every word he has uttered and its true meaning.

So now we have him in the garage with his little daughter which would have been out of hearing range for those who were inside of the home. Why take her to the garage to force her to drink or assist her when she was already drinking according to him? But then he said she eventually did drink so why did he say he had to assist her at all? The word 'assisting' also gives me such an uneasiness. No three year old has to be assisted in drinking when according to him she finally was drinking. I do not believe Sherin was that handicapped that anyone had to assist her in such a simple task. He was 'assisting' her but it was not to help her drink her milk imo

None of it makes sense when taken at face value. Its like he is telling a story in code using code words that mean something else entirely to him, and the real story is not what others thinks he means and says.

I know Sini has every right not to speak with LE, but for the life of me I cant find a reasonable explanation why she wouldn't do so. She could have her lawyer in attendance. But the police have made it clear, with or without her cooperation the investigation will go forward. I cant help but wonder if she is trying to protect her child killing husband, herself, or both.

I want to know just what was happening in that home even before Sherin was killed?

Things do not add up, imo.

JMO

I am not saying that the victims understand what love is meant to be... I feel like I am a great example. I was "in love" when I was 15 and ended up becoming a victim of extreme abuse. Sometimes I refer to him as my "ex" other times I refer to him as my "captor". It is still confusing to me 12.5 years after I escaped, because yes, there was being raped, raped by others, physical abuse, torture etc, but there were also "good" memories. Stockholm syndrome is very real. The night I escaped it was live or die. And then, once I got to safety I actually sat down and PRAYED for HIM... People don't tend to understand the power dynamics unless they have been in something similar, but the only people whose stories I have encountered that made me feel like their were similarities were ones like Jaycee Duggard, Colleen Stan, Shawn Hornbeck... 12 years out and I can say I never really loved him, and that his love was twisted possessive and obsessive. I was told I was loved. I would associate being hit with being loved and so on.

Basically, in the case of Sherin or other abused kids and teens, I strongly feel that many of them, having no other reference to what love is, do feel loved because I was one of those teens for five years, there was absolutely bad every day, but every single day wasn't a bad day.

When I see the smiles and glimmer in Sherin and her OS's eyes, I feel like they really did feel happy and joyful and hopeful and even loved in that moment. Maybe they felt fear later in the day or not every day, but if it was ALWAYS fear it wouldn't be documented in glowing smiles...
JMO...
PS
Maybe it helps me to feel better thinking that Sherin wasn't adopted into anger and hate, and that there was a genuine bond and love between them, even though it may have been a twisted love... or maybe she knew love every single day and hadn't known fear since she left the orphanage, until the night her dad snapped and her life was ended. I want to believe they loved her, genuinely loved her, because if they adopted her without caring then a lot of people missed a lot of warning signs.

I am not saying that the victims understand what love is meant to be... I feel like I am a great example. I was "in love" when I was 15 and ended up becoming a victim of extreme abuse. Sometimes I refer to him as my "ex" other times I refer to him as my "captor". It is still confusing to me 12.5 years after I escaped, because yes, there was being raped, raped by others, physical abuse, torture etc, but there were also "good" memories. Stockholm syndrome is very real. The night I escaped it was live or die. And then, once I got to safety I actually sat down and PRAYED for HIM... People don't tend to understand the power dynamics unless they have been in something similar, but the only people whose stories I have encountered that made me feel like their were similarities were ones like Jaycee Duggard, Colleen Stan, Shawn Hornbeck... 12 years out and I can say I never really loved him, and that his love was twisted possessive and obsessive. I was told I was loved. I would associate being hit with being loved and so on.

Basically, in the case of Sherin or other abused kids and teens, I strongly feel that many of them, having no other reference to what love is, do feel loved because I was one of those teens for five years, there was absolutely bad every day, but every single day wasn't a bad day.

When I see the smiles and glimmer in Sherin and her OS's eyes, I feel like they really did feel happy and joyful and hopeful and even loved in that moment. Maybe they felt fear later in the day or not every day, but if it was ALWAYS fear it wouldn't be documented in glowing smiles...
JMO...
PS
Maybe it helps me to feel better thinking that Sherin wasn't adopted into anger and hate, and that there was a genuine bond and love between them, even though it may have been a twisted love... or maybe she knew love every single day and hadn't known fear since she left the orphanage, until the night her dad snapped and her life was ended. I want to believe they loved her, genuinely loved her, because if they adopted her without caring then a lot of people missed a lot of warning signs.

:grouphug:

You are correct in that children coming from international orphanages are given bottles in bed. But once they learn to sit up, they are noisy little ones and will sit to drink their bottle.

Malnourishment is often seen in these children. From the ones I've seen, the person feeding them only spends so much time with each child so they quickly learn to gobble their food down. The child cries when the carer moves to the next child as the one she just left learns early that that is all the food for that feeding. Teaching the child there was plenty of food, and not to gobble it down, has been a problem with all the adopted children I know. The ones that are on the plus side of two, want to hide food they are so afraid this luxury will disappear.

Different countries will say there is "something wrong with a child " to make them eligible for adoption out of the country. The ones I am aware of all got that declaration on their paperwork. Fortunately, upon their local pediatrician checking the baby out, nothing was wrong with the exception of malnourished and not meeting their milestones. How could they meet milestones when they are left in cribs or play pens all day long with no one working with them?

The five of them are developing wonderfully well and no one would guess how their little lives started.

All countries have different rules. One country would not let the child take the parents name until one year after the adoption and the child was in this country. The adoption was final, just the name change hold off.

Hi there, not sure if you were referring to my post? If not apologies. If so I was referring to those that are weak, ill or have disabilities and are left to lie whose muscles don't develop properly and begin aspirating without detection. And I totally agree with your comment on malnourishment, and gobbling/hiding food. At first you wonder if they will ever slow down and feel secure that food will always be there. Glad your five are doing so well! It's an amazing experience to see a child blossom with love and care! It breaks my heart that Sherin didn't get the same.

I just Don't understand.
It does not compute.

I dont see a floor mat purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads