Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And who was sitting at the kitchen table crying in the early morning hours of the 7th? Wesley--not Sini. Has this woman ever shed a tear over the death of her daughter? Still---I have to come back to the fact that Wesley left Sherin home alone on the evening of the 6th, right along with Sini. That makes him a cold, uncaring monster, right along with her.
I wonder if we will ever know what really happened, in terms of who did what.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So much invested in this case for this angel emotionally so I really hope to one know for real what happened in her too short life.

So much invested in this case for this angel emotionally so I really hope to one know for real what happened in her too short life.

IMO, the only way we will get the truth is if *WS* plea bargains and starts spilling the beans.

Just a side note that I can't hold in any longer: every time I read this ridiculous story about both parents grabbing her arms when she fell off the slide, I get angry. It's absolute BS, and I find it insulting that she would think anyone would believe it! I mean really?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s possible Sini believes she is smarter than everyone else. I hope the realization that’s not true is dawning on her in dramatic fashion.

Dad didn't know what?? He freaking dumped the body of a precious little girl in a culvert after watching her choke to death! OMG....he was just what?? Naive?? Mentally challenged? What other excuse will be made for him? SMH

So many theories , all with so much knowledge and fact to back them up . But so much more to this than we know at this time . I believe we will know the real facts in the end , but the " end " may not come in the time frame we would hope for . I can't wrap my head around Sini being more responsible than Wesley , in MHO, they both thought they could pull off the whole ordeal without fear of long term consequences . Of course I could be way off base . I know that all the hoops we jumped thru here to bring my grandson home despite all the prior alerts given to CPS, including the pictures found later on the parents camera , we were hounded by agencies trying to determine WHO to place blame on , as liars can be very convincing despite their station in life

I have had a difficult time getting caught up today and I have some info to share. I am sure that the Physician who testified at the most recent custody hearing was diligent in testing Sherin for any and all underlying medical conditions that would have affected Sherin’s bones. She stated on the stand that she ordered tests to eliminate any other cause and the only option remaining was abuse at the hands of another. That being said the autopsy will confirm much of what was included in that testimony and what is in Sherin’s medical records. The short time this Doctor testified did not begin to cover all off the information included in that stack of papers admitted into evidence. The information that trickled out to us wasn’t even the complete testimony by the Doctor.

All of that considered I wanted to share a little more info on Fractures in children. Maria Guerrero stated that the Doctor referred to a twisting involvement with one of the fractures and I have contacted her for further clarification so see if the Doctor actually used the term Spiral Facture in testimony and she said she would review the tape and let me know. As I have said before the spiral fracture is the Holy Grail of abuse injuries. It is always a prime indicator of abuse due to it’s cause and distinctive appearance. There are some other possible explanations but they are rare, as they would involve the hand or foot to remain absolutely stationary while the arm or leg twisted with great force. They leave a fracture that looks like a “spiral” line on the bone (see image below).

Snipped by me for brevity.

It will be interesting to see Maria's answer. From my memory Maria said that the humerus fracture was spiral, and the mom's explanation was that Sherin was going up steps and was in the process of slipping so the mom grabbed her by the arm to prevent a fall. And Maria said that according to the doc, that explanation did not fit with the actual fracture in their opinion.

But what I was thinking was that Sini, having nursing training and knowing about different types of breaks and their causality, might have tried to come up with an explanation that might just fit the type of fracture...so grabbing hold of Sherin's arm in a firm and slightly twisting scenario was the closest she could come up with, yet the doctor still didn't think it fit with what she was seeing on the x-rays?

I wasn't clear on whether the elbow fracture and the humerus fracture were one and the same? And Maria mentioned rib fracture but I don't think she explained anything about that one.

There seem to be so many fractures and so many explanations for their causes (grabbing Sherin to stop her slipping on the stairs, the one where both parents grabbed an arm each and caused bilateral fractures, being pushed off the sofa, upper leg fracture, lower leg fracture, rib fracture) that I can't keep track of each break and which cause goes with which!

It will be interesting to see Maria's answer. From my memory Maria said that the humerus fracture was spiral, and the mom's explanation was that Sherin was going up steps and was in the process of slipping so the mom grabbed her by the arm to prevent a fall. And Maria said that according to the doc, that explanation did not fit with the actual fracture in their opinion.

But what I was thinking was that Sini, having nursing training and knowing about different types of breaks and their causality, might have tried to come up with an explanation that might just fit the type of fracture...so grabbing hold of Sherin's arm in a firm and slightly twisting scenario was the closest she could come up with, yet the doctor still didn't think it fit with what she was seeing on the x-rays?

I wasn't clear on whether the elbow fracture and the humerus fracture were one and the same? And Maria mentioned rib fracture but I don't think she explained anything about that one.

There seem to be so many fractures and so many explanations for their causes (grabbing Sherin to stop her slipping on the stairs, the one where both parents grabbed an arm each and caused bilateral fractures, being pushed off the sofa, upper leg fracture, lower leg fracture, rib fracture) that I can't keep track of each break and which cause goes with which!

My mother has 4 children, 7 grandchildren, and 8 great-grandchildren. Put them all together and Sherin had many more broken bones in her 3 little years of life than all of us put together over a span of 60 years! I think that paints the picture.

Dad didn't know what?? He freaking dumped the body of a precious little girl in a culvert after watching her choke to death! OMG....he was just what?? Naive?? Mentally challenged? What other excuse will be made for him? SMH

As I said upthread, it is my opinion and speculation that SM is the "puppet master" and that she directs WS activities. I could be completely wrong, but I think he is taking the majority of the fall for her. With the little we know, I currently see her as the ringleader, head Perp. If there is sexual abuse discovered, that opinion will change.

All amateur opinion and speculation.

With all the sick depraved self serving people out there , just now reading the Mariah Woods case update , we need to all hug our littles and count our blessings
Another horrific act against an innocent child , many more tears .

And who was sitting at the kitchen table crying in the early morning hours of the 7th? Wesley--not Sini. Has this woman ever shed a tear over the death of her daughter? Still---I have to come back to the fact that Wesley left Sherin home alone on the evening of the 6th, right along with Sini. That makes him a cold, uncaring monster, right along with her.

BBM. Also I think it was in Maria's video, it was said that WM wanted to go back to the culvert to retrieve the body and 'bury' it.

I suppose that could be to hide the body better, but I am wondering if the initial dumping was a lot due to Sini's suggestion of what to do with the body, and maybe WM does feel more for Sherin and does deep down want to give her as close to a proper burial as he can, something closer to the Christian burial that she ought to have (in a Christian family), and maybe even have the work of digging with a shovel to do that burial, and then maybe put some crossed sticks over it...

Okay, a lot of that is probably my imagination working overtime, but psychologically men don't usually 'bury' children that they've abused, I believe? And wanting to 'bury' is, I believe, usually done where there was love for the deceased, and remorse for their death, from a psychological standpoint I mean. There are statistics/studies on the subject that should be available online.

I also think that if WM is the abused spouse that he's so far down the rabbit hole that not only could Sini say that Sherin fell off the couch and him believe it, but that his brain wouldn't allow himself to actually put 2 and 2 together and blame Sini. I'm not saying I find him to not have responsibility, but that look in the custody hearing makes me think he is just not fully with this world.

BBM. Also I think it was in Maria's video, it was said that WM wanted to go back to the culvert to retrieve the body and 'bury' it.

I suppose that could be to hide the body better, but I am wondering if the initial dumping was a lot due to Sini's suggestion of what to do with the body, and maybe WM does feel more for Sherin and does deep down want to give her as close to a proper burial as he can, something closer to the Christian burial that she ought to have (in a Christian family), and maybe even have the work of digging with a shovel to do that burial, and then maybe put some crossed sticks over it...

Okay, a lot of that is probably my imagination working overtime, but psychologically men don't usually 'bury' children that they've abused, I believe? And wanting to 'bury' is, I believe, usually done where there was love for the deceased, and remorse for their death, from a psychological standpoint I mean. There are statistics/studies on the subject that should be available online.

I also think that if WM is the abused spouse that he's so far down the rabbit hole that not only could Sini say that Sherin fell off the couch and him believe it, but that his brain wouldn't allow himself to actually put 2 and 2 together and blame Sini. I'm not saying I find him to not have responsibility, but that look in the custody hearing makes me think he is just not fully with this world.

If he had gotten the chance to bury her body, it would have been interesting to see if he included a blanket or plush toy in there with her. I've read that LE can always tell when a family member killed and buried a child because they often (if they have any feelings at all) put something comforting in with the body.

Amazing. I think that she thought she would get away with a lot, since she was an rn. People believed her. And the reality is that she did get away with a lot, and they did believe her. A real shame.

A new thought I had tonight... Perhaps WM also believed SM and followed her lead when it came to medical stuff about the kids. He comes home, Sherin is hurt, Sini tells a story using medical lingo, and he believes her. He believes her about injuries, about Sherin's failure to thrive, about a skin infection, about why Sherin doesn't eat, etc. Sini home alone with Sherin, twisting this narrative. Ugh. Not providing an excuse. I just saw a way to explain how Sini could have been the perpetrator, and Wesley the follower.

I think when something has gotten to the level of a doc trained in diagnosing abuse, then the perp loses the relative protection of being seen in a particular way based on education/income, etc. People who work regularly with abuse kinda get an edge--because they have seen so much. And the have experienced that it goes beyond crackheads and the poor and ignorant.

Hoping to provide some clarity for you with what I understand from watching the hearing until it was cut, and reading/watching everything Maria Guerrero posted:
Elbow fracture was Sept. 2016, medical care provided.
Humerus fractures (the DA asked about bi-lateral humerus fractures, so BOTH humerus-es (humeri?) were fractured) were discovered in Feb. 2017 when Sherin was hospitalized for cellulitis (skin infection) and possible joint/muscle infections.

It was only at that time, when x-rays were done, that the many other fractures (femur, ribs, tibia....) were discovered in a full series of x-rays performed Feb/Mar by the child abuse pediatrician expert.

I think when something has gotten to the level of a doc trained in diagnosing abuse, then the perp loses the relative protection of being seen in a particular way based on education/income, etc. People who work regularly with abuse kinda get an edge--because they have seen so much. And the have experienced that it goes beyond crackheads and the poor and ignorant.

I hear what you are saying. I would like to see other cases in Texas, where this level of abuse was occurring (multiple fractures, failure to thrive, skin infections, etc) and the children were not pulled from the home and no services were provided to the family to remedy the situation. I am curious how much Sini's occupation and status in her community and employment played into the lack of action. NOT on the doctor's part. The pediatric abuse doctor reported it to CPS in March, and followed up in July when no action had been taken by CPS. Curious as to why CPS didn't act, is all.

Posting randomly and not in response to any particular post. All MOO.

I saw no evidence early on that Wesley controlled or abused Sini and I don't see any evidence that Sini abused Wesley either.

The evidence implies that the parents were two peas in a pod and for whatever reason viewed Sherin as somehow "lesser" and mistreated her accordingly, right up to the night that they finally went too far.

Then they disposed of her little body as if it was yesterday's trash and both lied and lied in order to cover up their crime. Their goal was to protect themselves while they allowed Sherin's body to rot in a culvert for days rather than tell the truth. That's the evidence I see.

IMO there is zero evidence of either Wesley or Sini ever caring about Sherin or feeling remorse for what they did to her during her short time with them; all I see is a couple of selfish, lying criminals who need to be taken out of society. A pox on both of them.

JMO.

I tend to agree. While there is evidence suggesting that little girl was abused (multiple broken bones) there is no evidence either parent was abusing the other. Not sure why people are insisting that one of the parents had to be abused by the other.

I tend to agree. While there is evidence suggesting that little girl was abused (multiple broken bones) there is no evidence either parent was abusing the other. Not sure why people are insisting that one of the parents had to be abused by the other.

My suggestion was more that one was calling the shots, and the other the stooge. Regardless, they are both lower than earthworms.

And yes, a pox on both!
Haven’t heard that term in quite awhile. : )

I think there were control issues going on, but not sure who was in the driver's seat, so to speak. In dysfunctional families, there is often a ring leader and a follower. So my theorizing about how this could have happened, and who was controlling things, is stemming from that. I don't know that either adult was being abused by the other adult, but I believe that one of the adults was subservient in some way to the other. It doesn't absolve either one from responsibility--they are both murderers in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic