Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, you can imagine the traumatic stress of yelling and screaming that probably took place. No one could eat while in such pain and trauma.

I hope the jury’s blood will be boiling as much as mine is. Truly I hope they will receive the ultimate penalty for what this baby endured. That said, I believe in our system and lawful due process. Let it begin!

Do doctors really tell parents with underweight children to wake them up in the middle of the night and make them drink milk?

Rarely it is more likely they were told to replace all beverages with pediasure so if she woke up in the middle of the night thirsty they thought she should consume an entire bottle rather than a sip of water. I would also like to mention that during the healing process fractures require additional caloric intake to maintain current weight and multiple fractures as Sherin had could require 3 times the normal amount of calories so if she weighed 22 pounds she would require 20 -30 calories per pound to not lose weight.

Using 30 calories/pound to thrive that is 660 calories a day to thrive but with multiple fractures that number would increase to 1980 calories per day to heal and thrive. That is a huge increase when the child’s stomach is used to a volume of food that only provides 660 calories. So essentially adding 3 bottles of pediasure daily to replace the 8 ounces of milk she was drinking would compensate for the extra calories required by the healing fractures. That is a huge volume increase for such a little tummy.

Just for reference

An 8 oz glass of whole milk is 148 calories
Pediasure 8 oz bottle is 240 calories
1.5 oz KitKat candy bar is 218 calories
16 oz prime rib(outback herb roasted) is 1773 calories

JMHO

This just came to me
Is it possible that when the Dr said that Sherin DIDN'T suffer from malnutrition or a vitamin deficiency causing her bone fractures, that they started to starve her in a twisted hope of saying "see we feed her and now she is failing to thrive, she refuses to eat at home, she only drinks 8oz of milk a day and it takes her 5-6 hours to do so, you were all wrong in saying we abused her because now her blood work does in fact show that we weren't wrong!!"

Until, it went too far and Sherin died.

I know people are saying it's unlikely to be Munchausen by proxy, but these cases don't necessarily mean that the person wanted attention from a Dr. It could have been sympathy and help from family and friends and church that fueled the Mathews. They adopted this beautiful little girl, the orphanage lied, we are having so many problems, etc. Church and friends/family want to help and possibly prepare meals and offer to babysit as Sherin is healing and having surgeries and all of that... I see this garnering plenty of attention, even if its not the typical variety.

On Netflix, there is a docu-series called Nurses who kill. Some of them end up being considered to have this issue because they are the ones who cause the person to fall sicker and then come to the rescue, when the rescue doesn't work, they have killed, but the high that getting to rescue the patient gets, keeps them going.

Nursing is a very selfless job, as many of you who are nurses are well aware, you have to advocate for your patients, take flack from Dr's at all hours, and are generally under appreciated given all the dirty work you do. Most of you are wonderful people who really do impact someones life and experience of care, but at the end of the day, it's the Dr who "cured" the patient, meaning, very little "reward" considering IMO nurses often do almost all of the actual work.

I can see someone with narcissistic tendencies push things for the praise, even if it is at home where they are playing mom, nurse, Dr and even God.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/munchausen-syndrome-by-proxy-topic-overview#1

[FONT=&amp]The caregiver with MSBP may:[/FONT]
  • Lie about the child's symptoms.
  • Change test results to make a child appear to be ill.
  • Physically harm the child to produce symptoms.
[FONT=&amp]Victims are most often small children. They may get painful medical tests they don't need. They may even become seriously ill or injured or may die because of the actions of the caregiver.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Children who are victims of MSBP can have lifelong physical and emotional problems and may have Munchausen syndrome as adults. This is a disorder in which a person causes or falsely reports his or her own symptoms.[/FONT]
What causes Munchausen syndrome by proxy?

[FONT=&amp]Doctors aren't sure what causes it, but it may be linked to problems during the abuser's childhood. Abusers often feel like their life is out of control. They often have poor self-esteem and can't deal with stress or anxiety.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The attention that caregivers get from having a sick child may encourage their behavior. Caregivers may get attention not only from doctors and nurses but also from others in their community. For example, neighbors may try to help the family in many ways-such as by [/FONT]doing chores[FONT=&amp], bringing meals, or giving money.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A person with MSBP often:[/FONT]

• Has medical skills or experience.
  • Seems devoted to his or her child.
  • Looks for sympathy and attention.
  • Tries too hard to become close and friendly with medical staff.
  • Needs to feel powerful and in control.
  • Does not see his or her behavior as harmful.
What are the clues that a person may have Munchausen syndrome by proxy?

[FONT=&amp]Checking a child's medical records for past tests, treatments, and hospital stays may help a doctor or nurse find out if a health problem is real.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Doctors or nurses may suspect a problem when:[/FONT]

• A child has a repeated or unusual illness, and no reason can be found.
  • The child doesn't get better, even with treatments that should help. Symptoms only occur when the caregiver is with or has recently been with the child. But symptoms get better or go away when the caregiver is not there or is being closely watched.
  • The other parent (usually the father) is not involved in the child's treatment, even though the child's condition may be serious.
  • A caregiver suddenly changes doctors and lies about prior testing and treatment.
  • Normal test results don't reassure the caregiver. And he or she may be strangely calm or happy when the child's condition is getting worse.
  • The caregiver is seen (or videotaped or recorded) harming the child or causing symptoms.
  • Another child in the family has had unexplained illness or death.

MOO

ETA: The Dr did testify Sherin began to gain after starting pediasure. Though, I can't recall off hand if that continued.

Sini, as an RN, possibly thought she knew better than doctors. Or maybe they are just lying about these regular middle of the night feedings, period.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think you are correct... not really a truth telling couple are they??? SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry about the older daughter. I worry that her cold hearted mother is going to toxically poison her childhood for years to come. If the child lives with her aunt and uncle and grandparents, and her mother is released from jail, then her mother will be a daily concern in her life. JMO

I’ve got to vent a little. I don’t think SM is a nurse mother with Munchausen-by-proxy; I believe she’s a child abuser who happens to be a nurse. Worse in my eyes because as nurses, we are first TO DO NO HARM. As parents, we are to protect. That may be to protect from the other parent. So no matter what the story is, she committed, or allowed to be committed, abuse against Sherin.
As far as her nurses license, revocation is a legal process. SM can have legal representation and nothing would be confirmed until this mess is completed. Her license could be suspended pending outcome, but not necessarily. Again, a legal process. No one would hire her presently any way.
Let me say this...I’m a nurse to the core. With patients, families, my family, pets, kids. I’m proud of being a nurse. I’ve been an RN/BSN for 21 years. I’m from a family of nurses.
Yes, I’ve run into some bad apples over the years. Some stories you wouldn’t believe. I’ve been ashamed and I’ve been ashamed of the stories in the news of nurses killing patients mentioned in posts upstream. But basically, nurses awe me everyday.
But Sini...she just makes me sick, sick and angry. I held out hope at first that she WAS sleeping and that this was only Wesley. I now know by her leaving Sherin alone to go eat dinner, by the fractures, by the pleas to the 5th, she’s a child abuser. So I can only ask, did she become a nurse for the money? She’s definitely not a nurse to the core.
When I was 12, I had a tibial greenstick fracture from a trampoline accident. At the time, I could still walk on it. We didn’t think it was broken. Not even my mom. It ached, it was bruised, but it wasn’t swollen. We iced and elevated it. The next morning, when I woke up, it didn’t hurt. When I stood up, I fainted. I mean I literally fainted. It immediately swelled to a huge circumference, the pain was unbearable, I couldn’t stand or walk. Long story short, it bled in the night (hematoma), ended up infected, and I was hospitalized for 3 weeks.
Led me into orthopedic nursing...
Anyway, I can imagine the pain Sherin endured.
I am so ashamed of Sini.

I’ve got to vent a little. I don’t think SM is a nurse mother with Munchausen-by-proxy; I believe she’s a child abuser who happens to be a nurse. Worse in my eyes because as nurses, we are first TO DO NO HARM. As parents, we are to protect. That may be to protect from the other parent. So no matter what the story is, she committed, or allowed to be committed, abuse against Sherin.
As far as her nurses license, revocation is a legal process. SM can have legal representation and nothing would be confirmed until this mess is completed. Her license could be suspended pending outcome, but not necessarily. Again, a legal process. No one would hire her presently any way.
Let me say this...I’m a nurse to the core. With patients, families, my family, pets, kids. I’m proud of being a nurse. I carry myself with pride. I’ve been an RN/BSN for 21 years. Finishing my Masters now. I’m from a family of nurses.
Yes, I’ve run into some bad apples over the years. Some stories you wouldn’t believe. I’ve been ashamed and I’ve been ashamed of the stories in the news of nurses killing patients mentioned in posts upstream. But basically, nurses awe me everyday.
But Sini...she just makes me sick, sick and angry. I held out hope at first that she WAS sleeping and that this was only Wesley. I now know by her leaving Sherin alone to go eat dinner, by the fractures, by the pleas to the 5th, she’s a child abuser. So I can only ask, did she become a nurse for the money? She’s definitely not a nurse to the core.
When I was 12, I had a tibial greenstick fracture from a trampoline accident. At the time, I could still walk on it. We didn’t think it was broken. Not even my mom. It ached, it was bruised, but it wasn’t swollen. We iced and elevated it. The next morning, when I woke up, it didn’t hurt. When I stood up, I fainted. I mean I literally fainted. It immediately swelled to a huge circumference, the pain was unbearable, I couldn’t stand or walk. Long story short, it bled in the night (hematoma), ended up infected, and I was hospitalized for 3 weeks.
Led me into orthopedic nursing :) Anyway, I can imagine the pain Sherin endured. I am so ashamed of Sini.

As a professional in orthopedic nursing, what would a standard treatment be for a 3 year old with a femur fracture as far as pain medications etc go? I know kids seem to have an incredible pain threshold and seem to recover like nothing happened, but would LOVE to know in a general way, what types of medications would generally be given to someone with injuries similar to what Sherin had experienced and what those possible side effects may be? Example, lethargy, loss of appetite and so on. Thank you!!!

jmo

As a professional in orthopedic nursing, what would a standard treatment be for a 3 year old with a femur fracture as far as pain medications etc go? I know kids seem to have an incredible pain threshold and seem to recover like nothing happened, but would LOVE to know in a general way, what types of medications would generally be given to someone with injuries similar to what Sherin had experienced and what those possible side effects may be? Example, lethargy, loss of appetite and so on. Thank you!!!

jmo
At home, hydrocodone elixir and move on quickly to an nsaid liquid such as ibuprofen or Tylenol. Hydrocodone can act two ways in children and adults; some it speeds up, some it causes lethargy. It can also cause easy aggravation/irritation.
Treating a femur fracture in a child would be determined by the physician treating, by the location of the fracture, and the type of fracture. Some treat by cast, some by surgery (i.e. intramedullary nailing, screws and plates, rods, etc).
Sorry, edited to add: hydrocodone can cause nausea so could decrease the appetite, especially if taken on an empty stomach, but even if taken with food. If hydrocodone makes you hyper, it will decrease the appetite. Immobility itself can impair the appetite.

I knew it. The whole time. Now we all know why Sini was uncooperative, and not speaking to LE.

BBM.

If there is anyone that thinks they did not cause Sherin's death then I'm sorry but you are very mistaken. I don't need to wait for no COD to know that.

In reply to my post that you quoted, no one here including myself is saying that WM didn't cause Sherins death, he admitted to it. He also admitted to disposing of her body, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say?
If that changes which it might, we will have to wait and see. And knowing COD is important because it could give further information on how Sherin died considering WM changed his initial story. All IMO.

In reply to my post that you quoted, no one here including myself is saying that WM didn't cause Sherins death, he admitted to it. He also admitted to disposing of her body, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say?
If that changes which it might, we will have to wait and see. And knowing COD is important because it could give further information on how Sherin died considering WM changed his initial story. All IMO.

I thought I was being clear, I'm sorry if I'm not being clear...

IF there is anyone here who thinks that, then they are very mistaken. As I used if right at the start of that sentence, I am not saying there is anyone here who thinks that but anyone who does think that craziness, then I'm very sorry, but they are wrong. IF you don't think that, Karinna, then it was not aimed at you.

And yes, you're quite right, it's very important.... to know what exactly happened and how it happened but it is not vital to knowing they caused this death.

I thought I was being clear, I'm sorry if I'm not being clear...

IF there is anyone here who thinks that, then they are very mistaken. As I used if right at the start of that sentence, I am not saying there is anyone here who thinks that but anyone who does think that craziness, then I'm very sorry, but they are wrong. IF you don't think that, Karinna, then it was not aimed at you.

And yes, you're quite right, it's very important.... to know what exactly happened and how it happened but it is not vital to knowing they caused this death.

No problem, thanks for clarifying.

I can't remember what time the hearing is as I've been devoting a lot of attention to another 3 year old angel.

I can't remember what time the hearing is as I've been devoting a lot of attention to another 3 year old angel.
CPS hearing resumes tomorrow, 12/5 at 9am. Two more witnesses to testify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any news on Sherin Mathews case, ( while keeping up with Mariah Woods) I just looked it up and saw this.
So angry right now. Two cases back to back where CPS had the power to prevent these murders.

I don't think she died in a high chair, or from a high chair. I think there will be a defense based on the evidence the detectives and prosecutors find, and what they can piece together by themselves, because we know these loving parents of Sherin wouldn't want to just tell the truth. Why not admit this "accidental death" to the police, if that was the case? Why throw your daughter away in a drainage ditch? In hopes that evidence would be destroyed, no?

CPS hearing resumes tomorrow, 12/5 at 9am. Two more witnesses to testify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They better not send this child to her death.

Do you know if this will be televised? TIA! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt it. At the last hearing when the Judge found out it was being live streamed, the live stream went poof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic