Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it's tomorrow. I was thinking all along it was today!

I hope the autopsy results are in soon... this is such a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And still no court dates for Sherin's murder.....

Guys I am thinking tomorrow we will hear more disgusting things...This poor baby...

I have been thinking its a possibility Sherin was not dead, WM just thought she might of been, and put her in that culvert but she was not dead. Which is scary.

Guys I am thinking tomorrow we will hear more disgusting things...This poor baby...

I have been thinking its a possibility Sherin was not dead, WM just thought she might of been, and put her in that culvert but she was not dead. Which is scary.

Yeah me too. He even said he "believed" she was dead. Oh hell, it's awful to think about. Tomorrow has me feeling nervous for what we will find out.

I tend to agree. While there is evidence suggesting that little girl was abused (multiple broken bones) there is no evidence either parent was abusing the other. Not sure why people are insisting that one of the parents had to be abused by the other.

Well, there are lots of things we do not know. Prior to last week's hearing, we were really only speculating with regard to earlier abuse (of Sherin). The testimony from the pediatrician provided a good bit about the earlier history of abuse. The fact that it was always Sini and only sometimes Wesley at doc appts (and providing the cover stories) provides some information that moves my mind away from W as the abuser and more in the direction of S.

But, in thinking about family systems where there is abuse, I believe that it is more likely that one adult is the abuser and the other either victim or enabler. IOW, not co-abusers. Someone with more knowledge than myself might know how the scales might tip along gender lines. At this point, W presents as a slightly more sympathetic character, something his attorneys are reinforcing. He is the one who turned himself in--even though his stories have been conflicting. However, we should remember that some folks who do terrible things (particularly within their own homes) can be incredibly charming and misleading.

So--while I wouldn't yet eliminate the possibility of one spouse being wholly controlled by the other--that is not my current preference. But there are still many questions to be answered.

I just woke up from a horrible horrible dream. In order to tell you about my dream, I need to tell you something about myself that not many people know.

When I was in my mid 20's, my parents were forcing me to have an arranged marriage. They were abusive my whole life. When I refused to get married, they became so abusive I feared for my life. I walked out of the house one night with nothing but my handbag and have not seen or talked to any famiky member or family friend since. I constantly have nightmares about being in a similar scenario.

So back to my dream, I was telling my mother about Sherin and she didn't care. Instead, my family trick me into going to India so I can have an arranged marriage. I run away from them so I can get back to Australia. I end up in a slum and am barefoot, running through human and animal poop. I find a baby girl crying and alone. I somehow know she has nobody and decide to adopt her. In my dream, I kept telling myself that I'll never raise her like the Mathews did. I then see many many abandoned baby girls. I think back to all the posts I read here about adopted children and wonder how those babies will grow up. It was heartbreaking. A whole bunch of things happened after it and I woke up crying.

Poor little Sherin. I love her even though I don't know her. I wish I could have raised her. She would have been treated like a queen.

It also reminded me of the millions of abandoned babies and children in India. If you walk through any street, you are guaranteed to see atleast one child begging for money. I learned that many of these children have "pimps" that beat them up and torture them. When people with money see this child with broken bones, disabled etc. they feel sorry for them.and give them money. This money then goes back to the pimp.

I'm sorry for not talking about Sherin but I'm really really down right now and need to get this off my chest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm of the mind that Sherin was deceased before she was removed from the house. If what WM says is true, that he felt her spirit leave, and that she became cold and stiff, obviously some time went by. The language he used in his story, checking her pulse...who does that? Really? I might do it; I was a medical assistant years ago. Slowed and quit? Really? Sounds more like RN might have described it. I'd like to know if she was swaddled when they placed her, or not. I really believe wife has more to do with the worst of it, and husband tried to clean it up. Both guilty. One out of evilness, selfishness, jealousy, bitterness, depravity; the other out of misguided loyalty, codependency, fear, and probably loss of reality. After seeing his face, that long long stare, the fear and pain in that face before the video was cut, I feel positive that she was actively involved more than just leaving the baby home alone. I'm probably rambling here, for which I apologize; I just can't quit thinking about this horrid murder. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just woke up from a horrible horrible dream. In order to tell you about my dream, I need to tell you something about myself that not many people know.

When I was in my mid 20's, my parents were forcing me to have an arranged marriage. They were abusive my whole life. When I refused to get married, they became so abusive I feared for my life. I walked out of the house one night with nothing but my handbag and have not seen or talked to any famiky member or family friend since. I constantly have nightmares about being in a similar scenario.

So back to my dream, I was telling my mother about Sherin and she didn't care. Instead, my family trick me into going to India so I can have an arranged marriage. I run away from them so I can get back to Australia. I end up in a slum and am barefoot, running through human and animal poop. I find a baby girl crying and alone. I somehow know she has nobody and decide to adopt her. In my dream, I kept telling myself that I'll never raise her like the Mathews did. I then see many many abandoned baby girls. I think back to all the posts I read here about adopted children and wonder how those babies will grow up. It was heartbreaking. A whole bunch of things happened after it and I woke up crying.

Poor little Sherin. I love her even though I don't know her. I wish I could have raised her. She would have been treated like a queen.

It also reminded me of the millions of abandoned babies and children in India. If you walk through any street, you are guaranteed to see atleast one child begging for money. I learned that many of these children have "pimps" that beat them up and torture them. When people with money see this child with broken bones, disabled etc. they feel sorry for them.and give them money. This money then goes back to the pimp.

I'm sorry for not talking about Sherin but I'm really really down right now and need to get this off my chest.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you & the dream you had, edimmu.

You are amazing for what you did. Brave & courageous too. I hope things are better for you now.

BBM.

If there is anyone that thinks they did not cause Sherin's death then I'm sorry but you are very mistaken. I don't need to wait for no COD to know that.

I understood Karinna's comment to be saying that the earlier documented injuries were not the ones that caused her death. Not that WM and SM did not bring about her death--though other injuries.

I understood Karinna's comment to be saying that the earlier documented injuries were not the ones that caused her death. Not that WM and SM did not bring about her death--though other injuries.

That’s fine. My comment was directed at Karinna. It was directed at anyone who actually believes these people didn’t do it.

I’ve got to vent a little. I don’t think SM is a nurse mother with Munchausen-by-proxy; I believe she’s a child abuser who happens to be a nurse. Worse in my eyes because as nurses, we are first TO DO NO HARM. As parents, we are to protect. That may be to protect from the other parent. So no matter what the story is, she committed, or allowed to be committed, abuse against Sherin.
As far as her nurses license, revocation is a legal process. SM can have legal representation and nothing would be confirmed until this mess is completed. Her license could be suspended pending outcome, but not necessarily. Again, a legal process. No one would hire her presently any way.
Let me say this...I’m a nurse to the core. With patients, families, my family, pets, kids. I’m proud of being a nurse. I’ve been an RN/BSN for 21 years. I’m from a family of nurses.
Yes, I’ve run into some bad apples over the years. Some stories you wouldn’t believe. I’ve been ashamed and I’ve been ashamed of the stories in the news of nurses killing patients mentioned in posts upstream. But basically, nurses awe me everyday.
But Sini...she just makes me sick, sick and angry. I held out hope at first that she WAS sleeping and that this was only Wesley. I now know by her leaving Sherin alone to go eat dinner, by the fractures, by the pleas to the 5th, she’s a child abuser. So I can only ask, did she become a nurse for the money? She’s definitely not a nurse to the core.
When I was 12, I had a tibial greenstick fracture from a trampoline accident. At the time, I could still walk on it. We didn’t think it was broken. Not even my mom. It ached, it was bruised, but it wasn’t swollen. We iced and elevated it. The next morning, when I woke up, it didn’t hurt. When I stood up, I fainted. I mean I literally fainted. It immediately swelled to a huge circumference, the pain was unbearable, I couldn’t stand or walk. Long story short, it bled in the night (hematoma), ended up infected, and I was hospitalized for 3 weeks.
Led me into orthopedic nursing...
Anyway, I can imagine the pain Sherin endured.
I am so ashamed of Sini.

In occurs to me, one factor associated with abuse has to do with colicky infants, or infants that are difficult to soothe. Particularly in very young (inexperienced/poorly supported) parents. The normal cycle of cry--soothe--bond is interrupted, the parent never receives reinforcement. Child never comes to accept the parent as being the source of good stuff. Parent feels inadequate and lacking in any tools/understanding can shake the child (or worse).

I do not see this as being the pattern in this household (based on the age of the parents and Sini's medical background), however, I would think that a child in great pain from a broken bone could certainly play into an existing pattern of abuse. In the twisted logic of abuse, the abusing parent sees the child as choosing to mess things up for them, weirdly causing the parent to break bones and inflict pain, which said parent cannot get treatment for without arousing suspicion.

Well, there are lots of things we do not know. Prior to last week's hearing, we were really only speculating with regard to earlier abuse (of Sherin). The testimony from the pediatrician provided a good bit about the earlier history of abuse. The fact that it was always Sini and only sometimes Wesley at doc appts (and providing the cover stories) provides some information that moves my mind away from W as the abuser and more in the direction of S.

But, in thinking about family systems where there is abuse, I believe that it is more likely that one adult is the abuser and the other either victim or enabler. IOW, not co-abusers. Someone with more knowledge than myself might know how the scales might tip along gender lines. At this point, W presents as a slightly more sympathetic character, something his attorneys are reinforcing. He is the one who turned himself in--even though his stories have been conflicting. However, we should remember that some folks who do terrible things (particularly within their own homes) can be incredibly charming and misleading.

So--while I wouldn't yet eliminate the possibility of one spouse being wholly controlled by the other--that is not my current preference. But there are still many questions to be answered.

I see what you mean. When I see the way WM has behaved with LE (compliant) versus the way SM has behaved (stubborn, head-strong, self-important), I got a picture in my mind how their possible dynamics were in the home.

Another thought I had after we were all saying how the photos of Sherin were all smiles and she seemed happy how she smiled in the face of all this horror. The possibility I am thinking about is if she had a high pain tolerance. I've seen little ones with it who fall and just 'don't care'. Some bully parents might strike a child, and the child doesn't give the pain reaction the parent had hoped for. The parent sees this as defiant and hits harder and harder each time because they want to see the child suffer and be submissive. Just a thought that maybe that was happening. Poor Sherin couldn't even communicate verbally yet to say anything.

Just a thought....

I’ve been reading other cases of course and preliminary autopsy reports come out rather quickly... Sherin there was no mention of one... could this mean that maybe they believe Sherin was drugged or had been drugged for a long period of time? I know LE knows a whole heck of a lot more than we do... I just want to see some charges filed agains these “people” for her death.

Another thought I had after we were all saying how the photos of Sherin were all smiles and she seemed happy how she smiled in the face of all this horror. The possibility I am thinking about is if she had a high pain tolerance. I've seen little ones with it who fall and just 'don't care'. Some bully parents might strike a child, and the child doesn't give the pain reaction the parent had hoped for. The parent sees this as defiant and hits harder and harder each time because they want to see the child suffer and be submissive. Just a thought that maybe that was happening. Poor Sherin couldn't even communicate verbally yet to say anything.
I've been wondering this as well. I think she was used to being in pain. She didn't know or experience anything else.

[emoji20] Such a tragic story... no wonder you feel so connected to Sherin. There is beauty in this tragedy... it's weird how all the crap we survive sets us up to strive to really make a difference other people's lives.

I know I hardly ever comment, but I wanted to say I do appreciate your posts when I'm reading here. You have a unique voice and perspective.

Just a thought....

I’ve been reading other cases of course and preliminary autopsy reports come out rather quickly... Sherin there was no mention of one... could this mean that maybe they believe Sherin was drugged or had been drugged for a long period of time? I know LE knows a whole heck of a lot more than we do... I just want to see some charges filed agains these “people” for her death.

I think the toxicology results that can take a long time.

In occurs to me, one factor associated with abuse has to do with colicky infants, or infants that are difficult to soothe. Particularly in very young (inexperienced/poorly supported) parents. The normal cycle of cry--soothe--bond is interrupted, the parent never receives reinforcement. Child never comes to accept the parent as being the source of good stuff. Parent feels inadequate and lacking in any tools/understanding can shake the child (or worse).

I do not see this as being the pattern in this household (based on the age of the parents and Sini's medical background), however, I would think that a child in great pain from a broken bone could certainly play into an existing pattern of abuse. In the twisted logic of abuse, the abusing parent sees the child as choosing to mess things up for them, weirdly causing the parent to break bones and inflict pain, which said parent cannot get treatment for without arousing suspicion.

Yes, a “stop crying or I will give you something to cry about” scenario comes to mind. In my mind, I see “don’t care” slinging, shaking, dragging, and throwing of Sherin. I see not protecting Sherin from dangerous or precarious situations. I see not taking proper care of her injuries or medical conditions (such as not patching her strong eye to strengthen her “lazy” eye). It was just to much trouble for them. They resented her. She was their “whipping boy.” (great book by the way about an abused child written by that child).

Just a thought....

Sini did not have access to drugs in her role as a Case Manager working from home. Or even a Case Manager working on site in a facility. It would be interesting to learn where she was receiving a supply of drugs if the toxicology report is positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee