GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven’t posted here in a while. Things were getting crazy for a while 😬

I see association: Price
Now on the charges for WM... what does this mean? Anything?

Thinking about this from Maria Guerrero:

I reported two important nuggets in my 5pm report:
1. No one is charged with murder at this time. But it's worth noting the current charge against Wesley carries same the punishment as murder.
2. One of the Mathews' attorneys told me today they are trying to convince their client to give up custody of biological daughter to focus on impending criminal trial.

I am sure that charges will come as the prosecutor reviews evidence to determine exactly how strong a case they have.

But the second nugget interests me.

Family Court is not criminal court, different set of rules and procedures. Apparently the legal reps for CPS are free to call forth the testimony of both parents. Even though there was a lot of pleading the fifth, some information was admitted to and the public had the chance to see responses, and their testimony forms a record.

When it comes to criminal court, the accused cannot be put on the stand by the prosecution. It is up to the defendant (and their attorney) to decide whether or not to put them on the stand. And there are risks. A jury may wonder what they have to hide if they choose not to take the stand (even though a judge will explain that is their right and it is not to be taken as an indication of guilt). But if they take the stand, they are then open to cross examination by the prosecution regarding anything they may say. Whichever attorney Maria spoke to (and I am betting it was Sini's attorney) is clearly not eager to subject their client to any more questioning (unavoidable so long as they are still fighting in Family Court). And whatever chances they may see for whichever parent to ever see the light of day again, they see them as being diminished through the custody fight.

Based on earlier statements, it would seem that Wesley's team hopes to present him as a loving and caring father (IOW, just the piano player in this house of ill repute), so depending on how things shake out, they might be willing to put him on the stand. Popular opinion, however, has not been supportive of Sini, and nothing that has come out of Family Court to date has helped her cause, from her basic appearance (always difficult to control for better reactions) to the tone of her responses to the responses themselves, not to mention the doctor's testimony. I am betting that her team would prefer to keep her off the stand and away from view as much as possible.

Thinking about this from Maria Guerrero:

I reported two important nuggets in my 5pm report:
1. No one is charged with murder at this time. But it's worth noting the current charge against Wesley carries same the punishment as murder.
2. One of the Mathews' attorneys told me today they are trying to convince their client to give up custody of biological daughter to focus on impending criminal trial.

I am sure that charges will come as the prosecutor reviews evidence to determine exactly how strong a case they have.

But the second nugget interests me.

Family Court is not criminal court, different set of rules and procedures. Apparently the legal reps for CPS are free to call forth the testimony of both parents. Even though there was a lot of pleading the fifth, some information was admitted to and the public had the chance to see responses, and their testimony forms a record.

When it comes to criminal court, the accused cannot be put on the stand by the prosecution. It is up to the defendant (and their attorney) to decide whether or not to put them on the stand. And there are risks. A jury may wonder what they have to hide if they choose not to take the stand (even though a judge will explain that is their right and it is not to be taken as an indication of guilt). But if they take the stand, they are then open to cross examination by the prosecution regarding anything they may say. Whichever attorney Maria spoke to (and I am betting it was Sini's attorney) is clearly not eager to subject their client to any more questioning (unavoidable so long as they are still fighting in Family Court). And whatever chances they may see for whichever parent to ever see the light of day again, they see them as being diminished through the custody fight.

Based on earlier statements, it would seem that Wesley's team hopes to present him as a loving and caring father (IOW, just the piano player in this house of ill repute), so depending on how things shake out, they might be willing to put him on the stand. Popular opinion, however, has not been supportive of Sini, and nothing that has come out of Family Court to date has helped her cause, from her basic appearance (always difficult to control for better reactions) to the tone of her responses to the responses themselves, not to mention the doctor's testimony. I am betting that her team would prefer to keep her off the stand and away from view as much as possible.

I cant see her taking the stand.

The ONLY thing I can see is WM turning on SM once he is in jail long enough and realizes she is not worth it.

I am not looking for gruesome details, but can someone please summarize this case to date?

I had been dealing with my own personal life issues so unable to keep up, and I really want to know the current status in a nutshell. Thanks in advance.

I am not looking for gruesome details, but can someone please summarize this case to date?

I had been dealing with my own personal life issues so unable to keep up, and I really want to know the current status in a nutshell. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what all you know..

Sherin was ADOPTED last summer and age I think was 1.5

Parents are seen out to dinner w out Sherin night of Oct 6th

Her Father reported her missing to police Oct 7th around 8am (giving some BS story)

Father initially arrested on child abandonment and endangerment charges on the same day as Sherin’s disappearance but was later released on bail.

Oct 22 Found Sherins body in culvert less than a mile away from home.

Oct 23 Father turned himself into police with new version of events

Nov 16 the MOTHER Sini is arrested on Child Endangerment charges for leaving her home the night before she died (supposedly....some of us believe she was already dead)

Since then multiple court appearances to try not to lose custody of bio daughter (joke right.)

And now we are currently seeing toxicology results as "homicidal violence" and waiting for further charges possibly to be brought.

Hope this helped...I tried to keep it as simple as possible

Thank you. Perfect update. [emoji4]

Thank you. Perfect update. [emoji4]

Also a doc testified at one of the cps hearings that Sherin had multiple fractures in various states of healing and the only way she could account for them was through abuse.

Can someone post the photo of Sherin with her sister, with the sister's face blurred out? I found it extremely helpful to realize just how tiny Sherin was - and therefore how helpless.

Can someone post the photo of Sherin with her sister, with the sister's face blurred out? I found it extremely helpful to realize just how tiny Sherin was - and therefore how helpless.
Here you go. Sherin's sister is around 6 months older than her.
f338a72c34730c4a89922c39244f30e2.jpg
7fc29349745558cd37f106fa6f0799fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What a drastic difference for only six months difference in age!

It surprises me too, when I see this pic, of just how tiny the little one was. You don't realize, as much,with only the pic of her.

Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi took the decision to suspend Holt International, the authorised foreign adoption agency.

The Centre has suspended an American adoption agency for “negligence” in its assessment of adoptive parents of three-year-old India-born Sherin Mathews who died in the U.S., government sources said.

Sherin Mathews, who was adopted by an Indian-American couple in 2016, died in October 2017 allegedly from choking after her adoptive father “physically assisted” her with drinking milk.

Both the adoptive parents are in jail. An autopsy report recently ruled that Sherin Mathews died because of “homicidal violence”.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/...gency/article22390939.ece/amp/

Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi took the decision to suspend Holt International, the authorised foreign adoption agency.

The Centre has suspended an American adoption agency for “negligence” in its assessment of adoptive parents of three-year-old India-born Sherin Mathews who died in the U.S., government sources said.

Sherin Mathews, who was adopted by an Indian-American couple in 2016, died in October 2017 allegedly from choking after her adoptive father “physically assisted” her with drinking milk.

Both the adoptive parents are in jail. An autopsy report recently ruled that Sherin Mathews died because of “homicidal violence”.

Your link didn't work for me so here is another link to the same article.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...spends-us-adoption-agency/article22390939.ece

WOW That is all I can say just WOW

WOW That is all I can say just WOW

This is a really big move.

Two stand-outs from the article. One is that the move was delayed until after Ivanka Trump's visit, based on a desire not to damage India-US relations. Nothing free from politics.

The second was discussion of mental health screening of prospective parents. This always sounds good, but I'm not certain it would be very effective as a predictor of potential future abuse. My guess is that both Wesley and Sini would test well within the normal range on just about any psych screen available.

Now the follow-up is another story. Cannot say for certain that the reporting social worker "should have" detected the abuse issues, given the apparent lack of CPS follow up on the doctor's reporting. But the time following placement is where both services are warranted (and can prevent issues) and problems detectable.

Erica Parsons (NC) autopsy report also cited homicidal violence.

Can someone update me as to when the next court appearance is?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back