GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These lone nut types scare the $hit outta me. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi off topic - Is this a wealthy county?? I'm just struck by the resources this LE has ... But yet they don't seem like the kind of area where LE would need to be so hard, kwim?!

It's in Harris County, Texas which is the 3rd largest county in the United States. It encompasses the city of Houston and some surrounding area. So, yeah, lots of resources and ranges from poor inner-city neighborhoods to very affluent ones.

It does sound like revenge on his ex.. :(

My guess is going to be that he has children with some woman who wanted/ attempted to leave him and he went over there and killed her , the kids and any of her family that were ' helping ' her. ** speculative**

This ^^^

I don't understand how men can have so much rage. Why do we have to fear these situations? My ex-husband was a super decent guy but when things got bad I was still terrified he might "snap". Mostly from reading these stories.

Just in time for the news lol

LOL! When they had him on the ground, rifles pointed at him, it cut to commercials, and I was so tense I started screaming WTF!!! Now this has the rest of his miserable life to think about what he's done.

Sounds like he was after his ex wife, who happened to be watching her sisters' kids? Is that correct?

They said his ex was out of state. Sounds like he killed her sister and some nieces/nephews?

Was on his way to a second house to kill additional family members.

It's in Harris County, Texas which is the 3rd largest county in the United States. It encompasses the city of Houston and some surrounding area. So, yeah, lots of resources and ranges from poor inner-city neighborhoods to very affluent ones.

Also Houston was the most dangerous city i n US a few years running, some years back and they may have really had to improve/ invest in their LE equipment/training/personnel at that time. Its' not as dangerous as it was but these type of tactics may be why :)

I don't understand how men can have so much rage. Why do we have to fear these situations? My ex-husband was a super decent guy but when things got bad I was still terrified he might "snap". Mostly from reading these stories.

Yes. I know it feels unfair to some men, but as a survivor of domestic violence (and may I say thank you to the state of Texas - I hate your death penalty, but I applaud the fact that 20 years ago your LE were legally allowed to arrest the man who nearly strangled me even though I said I didn't want to press charges. Not all jurisdictions had that ability at the time) - the quote from Margaret Atwood is very true for many of uis - "men fear women will laugh at them; women fear men will kill them". :(

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/s...ng-shooting-leaves-5-dead-suspect-5610401.php

A woman who said she lives across the street from the house described the family as "close-knit."

"It was a Mormon family," she said. "They were very sweet and their kids were very shy. This is a sad, sad day."

The woman who asked not to be identified said five children and two adults lived in the house.

John Barros, a real estate agent, said he knew one of the residents of the home where the shootings occurred. Barros said the father was a real estate broker with whom he worked.

"It's a great family," Barros said. "They are very religious. They pray every day."

He said the children were between the ages of four and 14.

Also Houston was the most dangerous city i n US a few years running, some years back and they may have really had to improve/ invest in their LE equipment/training/personnel at that time. Its' not as dangerous as it was but these type of tactics may be why :)
At one time, Houston was one of the most dangerous cities for CRIMINALS..........Houston P.D. were .....shall I say 'proactive' to a fault?

Things change..........

I can't imagine what his ex-wife and surviving family members are going through now. Imagine getting this kinda news. When this realizes what all he's done, he'll be wishing he'd killed himself or let the cops do it for him. This is just so awful, I really have no words. God Bless the souls of the victims who died, and God Bless the victims who survived, as well as all their family and friends.

So a mixed jurisdiction then.

I am just often struck by what seems like a disparity in resources.

Where I grew up, it was high crime, and standard procedure was stop, frisk, beat or Shoot and then ask questions later.

This looked like a wealthy suburb (and this low crime) so it was odd to see the robot, the tank-like vehicles, etc.

Thank you for the background info!

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/s...ng-shooting-leaves-5-dead-suspect-5610401.php

A woman who said she lives across the street from the house described the family as "close-knit."

"It was a Mormon family," she said. "They were very sweet and their kids were very shy. This is a sad, sad day."

The woman who asked not to be identified said five children and two adults lived in the house.

John Barros, a real estate agent, said he knew one of the residents of the home where the shootings occurred. Barros said the father was a real estate broker with whom he worked.

"It's a great family," Barros said. "They are very religious. They pray every day."

He said the children were between the ages of four and 14.

A horror show. He was their family . I wonder when he came to the house if they trusted him and let him in or were already tipped off that he was dangerous ? :( :(

Rest in peace babies . You are with your Heavenly Father now.

Yes. I know it feels unfair to some men, but as a survivor of domestic violence (and may I say thank you to the state of Texas - I hate your death penalty, but I applaud the fact that 20 years ago your LE were legally allowed to arrest the man who nearly strangled me even though I said I didn't want to press charges. Not all jurisdictions had that ability at the time) - the quote from Margaret Atwood is very true for many of uis - "men fear women will laugh at them; women fear men will kill them". :(

I'm sorry you went through that. :(

The worst I can say happened is that, one of the last nights I was in the house, he got very drunk (not a drinker) and was stomping around all night and scaring the crap out of me, banging on things, etc. And he was 6'4" and 240lbs. I snuck out and slept on the couch in my office. :/ I know this is so very little compared to what so many women (and some men, yes) go through, but the knowledge of "I could end up being one of the stories WS reads about" was just so awful and so sad.

Yep, it's not as bad as it used to be. I have family there...some live in very nice areas, some in not so nice areas...and those not-so-nice areas are still quite dangerous. I lived there in Clear Lake City, near Johnson Space Center, I felt pretty safe in that area. But, even CLC has it's not-so-nice areas. Guess the same can be said about every big urban area...there's good and bad everywhere. Just glad they got this guy in custody. My heart breaks for that family.

Mormon family, lots of kids and a 16 yo mother in residence? I wonder how weird this one will get.

I have to turn in but I hope this thread will remain open and follow the case.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo
Back