TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone w/ any smarts or LE background drive into SWFA
knowing full well (Or probably does because of the turning off of the headlights) that this place is LOADED with surveillance cameras?! This makes no sense unless it's someone unfamiliar with the area or......the car cannot be identified or traced.

The driver looks mildly drunk, and confused. Driving very slowly, pulling off the road to try and figure out where they are, turning headlights on and off. I used to work late at night and would see drivers like that all the time around bar closing time. Anyway that was hours before the burglary/murder at the church. That car was heading away from the church and apparently there is no indication it came back, or they would release later video of it.

Unless it's smoke and mirrors by perp. Decoy, distraction? Perp might think he/ she more clever than other LE. JMO

Smoke and mirrors two hours before the crime? Wouldn't the distraction have to occur at the same time as the crime to work?

I believe it may be this

"There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says."

Which confirms what many of us have believed. That the POI is possibly either a LEO present or past or somehow connected to one.

Hold on to your hats it's my opinion, we may be in for quite a shocking ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This means the information is so sensitive because a lawsuit will immediately take place on the police department once it becomes clear that they dropped the ball somewhere before the murder. Idk

Ok...
IF [emoji6] perp was LE in tx, how STUPID and arrogant was he to go to the gun store parking lot where cameras were an obvious security feature of the store?

SMH
Pompous $!:;&$@ lol

Smoke and mirrors two hours before the crime? Wouldn't the distraction have to occur at the same time as the crime to work?
Maybe the Altima is just what it appears to be, a driver lost/confused in the rain. Maybe the whole request for info about the Altima, photos and then video release, was all a charade to message to the SP/accomplices "look how powerful the video from SWFA is" to rattle their cages, make them think they were on some other snippet of SWFA video. *shrug*

Ok...
IF [emoji6] perp was LE in tx, how STUPID and arrogant was he to go to the gun store parking lot where cameras were an obvious security feature of the store?

SMH
Pompous $!:;&$@ lol

I don't think he is right in the head. When it came to brains, he got the short end of the stick.

There was the time before the crime when the perp was breaking windows, screens and smashing up the door. It's not known how long the killer was inside the church before he appeared on camera.

Many here felt this was the case but this, as far as I know is the first time someone in the media has printed they have a source confirming this. Unless I missed it someplace else. Moo

Agree I never heard media or LE say this before.., so what is medias source of this info?!

There was the time before the crime when the perp was breaking windows, screens and smashing up the door. It's not known how long the killer was inside the church before he appeared on camera.

The SWFA video is from 1:58AM to 2:04AM. The church video shows the killer breaking into the church at 3:50AM. That is about 1 hour 45 minutes between the two videos. Investigators at the time, said they did not believe there was a link between the two. Only that that person is a POI who they would like to talk to.

I'm thinking the same thing. The serial number may be a match to evidence missing from LE Evidence Locker.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

JMHO it was an officers gun that probably had it drawn checking/clearing the building that number would be in the incident reports and those have not been released. Someone could use the number for different things.

The SWFA video is from 1:58AM to 2:04AM. The church video shows the killer breaking into the church at 3:50AM. That is about 1 hour 45 minutes between the two videos. Investigators at the time, said they did not believe there was a link between the two. Only that that person is a POI who they would like to talk to.

Not a POI.

(we all need to refresh our memories on so much! yikes!)

5-20-16 MPD presser, Chief Kevin Johnson speaking:

"...The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA sporting
goods parking lot [unintelligible 00:03:45] approximately 2:00 A.M. They're
seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later. We
believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nissan Altima. It's light in color, possibly
silver. It's hard to tell. As you remember, it was raining that morning. Let
me emphasize, though, we don't have any reason whatsoever to believe that
this car or its driver are in any way involved in the murder of Missy Bevers.
In the interest of following up on every possible lead, this is the last lead
that hasn't been exhausted from that video canvassing. We'd like to talk to
the driver of that car, and they can contact us at our established tip line or
our non–emergency number. But again, we don't believe this is the vehicle
of the killer; we don't believe that there's necessarily any connection to the
[unintelligible 00:04:30]. It's well over an hour before the killer is believed
to have come onto the scene at the church and it's arguable how visible the
church may have been seen from that business on the morning when it was
raining. It's simply just an unfinished lead that we'd like to talk to that
person and see if they have anything to add to the investigation. ..."

The perp was first seen on camera at 350. Who knows how long he or she was there before they were first seen on camera. There might be a link between the car and murder

I've been away from this case a while, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the people named in the original SW were LE or former LE were they? So this is someone not on our radar already? TIA

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

All we have been told is when the perp was first seen on camera at the COC. IMO the perp was at the COC prior to being seen on CCTV. It took time to get on the property, break windows, break in, spend time in the kitchen. So the crime most likely began earlier than when first seen on camera and before the murderous act. JMHO

I've been away from this case a while, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the people named in the original SW were LE or former LE were they? So this is someone not on our radar already? TIA

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Yes, that's correct. Some have been suspicious of a LE connection but to my knowledge this is the first seeing it in media.

All we have been told is when the perp was first seen on camera at the COC. IMO the perp was at the COC prior to being seen on CCTV. It took time to get on the property, break windows, break in, spend time in the kitchen. So the crime most likely began earlier than when first seen on camera and before the murderous act. JMHO

I completely agree, with this. Moo

So my question is now what? What can we do?? What do we do? Are we just waiting for a name? I'm new to all this... what do the more experienced think this new bit if news mean? Why aren't the LE talking? Why would they not respond to this media? So many questions...

The perp was first seen on camera at 350. Who knows how long he or she was there before they were first seen on camera. There might be a link between the car and murder

Yes, there is 1 hour 45 minutes between the two videos, and investigators do not believe there is a connection between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme