TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why you think that.
Did you read this letter from the publisher of the local paper?
http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20161226/brooks-2016-one-memorable-year
Given the fact that it is a smaller town and homicides are not common, it seems there is going to be some pressure from the local press and the public to solve the case.

For some reason locals are afraid to talk about it?? No one wants to upset MPD??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason locals are afraid to talk about it?? No one wants to upset MPD??

It's not that they don't talk about it, but they just don't post every rumor...JMO and also out of respect again JMO

The investigators stated that they do not believe that the car that stopped at SWFA was the supects car. So I'm pretty sure that was not the location where the camera picked up the supects's car.

PD Still Searching For Suspect In Murder Of Fitness Instructor Missy Bevers
CCoChrist SE Corner of parking lot; looking S toward SWFA on Chris Kyle Memorial Parkway 287
CoC Looking S at Church toward SWFA.jpg

View of SFWA from Landing at SE Corner CoC
CoC View of SFWA Shop from Landing at Bldg Far SE Corner 7 23 16.jpg
From the gun store, which is geographically situated slightly lower than the Highway and because the Church sits lower than the Highway, one can see the top of the hill where MB parks under the Porte Cochere and that's about it besides some of the Southern exterior wall.

I believe that it was the position of LE that the suspect was male. Then when people here and elsewhere started to propagate the theory that the suspect was female, they backtracked, and said they could not be sure of the gender of the suspect.

I find the idea that the suspect was female, to be highly unlikely. But if that is your opinion, I respect it.

Regardless, I'm not sure what difference it makes. It's kind of sad that after all this time, this thread is still where it was nine months ago, debating the gender of the suspect.

Even though I've tried placing the helmet onto the heads of many different females, it never fits quite right. SP holsters tools with experience and not lack thereof.

Batbrat's analysis and green man demo removed any doubt and convinced me that SP was male. The past 8 or 9 months measure SPs success. SP was guided by scriptural conviction. SP played the role of God by sitting in judgment of another. SP determined execution would be the punishment for MB, mother of three.

Ten Scriptural Convictions
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for my life. (Exodus 20:3; Psalm 138:2 Matthew 4:4; 2Timothy 3:16)
2. My purpose in life is to seek God with my whole heart and to build my goals around His priorities.
(Exodus 20:4, 5; Psalm 119:2; Matthew 6:33; Philippians 3:8; 2 Corinthians 5:9; 1 Corinthians 10:31)
3. My body is the living temple of God and must not be defiled by the lusts of the flesh.
(Exodus 20:7; 2 Samuel 12:14; Daniel 1:8; Mark 7:21-23; I Corinthians 3:16; 1 Peter 2:11; I Thessalonians 4: 3-8)
4. My church must teach the foundational truths of Scripture and reinforce my basic convictions.
(Exodus 20:8; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 29:2; Matthew 7:15, 16; 2 Corinthians 6:14-17; 1 Peter 4:17)
5. My children and grandchildren belong to God, and it is my responsibility to teach them Scriptural principles, godly character, and basic convictions. (Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:6, 7; 4:9; Psalm 127:3; Matthew 19:14; Galatians 4: l, 2; l Thess.2:11)
6. My activities must never weaken the Scriptural convictions of another Christian. (Exodus 20:13; Proverbs 28:10; Matthew 18:6; Romans 14:13)
7. My marriage is a lifelong commitment to God and to my marriage partner. (Exodus 20:14; Genesis 2:24; Proverbs 6:32; Matthew 19:6; Romans 7:2, 3)
8. My money is a trust from God and must be earned and managed according to Scriptural principles.
(Exodus 20:15: Deuteronomy 8:18; Proverbs 15:6; Malachi 3:8; Luke 16:11; I Timothy 6:10)
9. My words must be in harmony with Scripture, especially when reproving and restoring a Christian brother. (Exodus 20:16; Proverbs 15:28, 18:21, 25:9; Matthew 12:37, 18:15; Galatians 6: l)
10. My affections must be set on things above, not on things on the earth. (Exodus 20:17; Job 1:21; Matthew 6:20, 21; Colossians 3:2)
View attachment 39b.-Scriptural-Convictions-for-Parents.pdf

SP needs to turn themselves into law enforcement before the community learns who SP is and, most importantly, before SPs spouse discovers they've been sleeping with a killer. SPs children deserve to be told before an arrest. SP needs to come clean with their family before they hear the speculations from their friends on Social Media.

To that end, you can expect us to become far more aggressive in compelling something to happen in 2017 if for no other reason than the three young girls who lost their mom deserve it. http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20161226/brooks-2016-one-memorable-year

Team Missy is thrilled to have the local media promise to become involved in the case. :cow:

I'm local and trust me- the community is still talking about it. The majority of what is discussed on this thread, however, is just old information being discussed over and over again. I am not trying to denigrate the discussion in anyway with that comment- it is just that there is a lack of any new reliable information so of course what is already known will be discussed again and again. Locally, we do hear things and it does appear that people are still being questioned and re-questioned by LE. So no, I don't think the case is necessarily on the back-burner although the lack of information may make it appear that way.

Caught up a few days in my reading and a question popped into my head. Questions are good.

Local newspaper editor Scott Brooks reviewed the year and commented, “Either the Midlothian Police Department is closer to an arrest and just wants to remain quiet it or there is something terribly wrong with the investigation.” And he makes the promise, “To that end, you can expect us to become far more aggressive in compelling something to happen in 2017 if for no other reason than the three young girls who lost their mother deserve it.”

Also this week, a policeman in my original hometown was shot and I watched as an army(literally hundreds) of law enforcement from every agency in that area of the country IMMEDIATELY converged with every possible resource and maintained heavy pressure until the suspect and accomplices were flushed out.

And I was reminded earlier in this page, that law enforcement very quickly shut down the investigation of the crime scene and released it all back to the church; no POI or suspect had been identified (or even speculated, as far as we know).

And life soon went back to normal. And they tell us they have no POI, nosuspects, no gender, not sure of motive and a 5 inches height range (comprising about 30-40% of the human population) to go on. That’s it.

The capture rate on murder suspect in the general population has dropped from 90% in 1965 to 64% in 2012 (most recent year available).

While the capture for those that injure or kill law enforcement continues to climb well into the high 90’s.

So here is my question. If Missy Bevers was a deputy in the MPD. Or Ellis County. Would her killer be walking free today?

Not only was the scene cleared in record time, there was an article not that next weekend but the following one, talking about how the investigative team was "given the weekend off."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcd...or-Weekend-377662971.html?amp=y?client=safari

Interesting, huh? Do you think they would be taking weekends off if an officer had been murdered?

Then in October they actually said they were really surprised the murder hadn't been solved yet. Really?

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/midlothian-pd/337101390

Small town police forces it seems just don't have the sense of urgency that you find in a large city, unless it's something that makes it personal for them.

I'm local and trust me- the community is still talking about it. The majority of what is discussed on this thread, however, is just old information being discussed over and over again. I am not trying to denigrate the discussion in anyway with that comment- it is just that there is a lack of any new reliable information so of course what is already known will be discussed again and again. Locally, we do hear things and it does appear that people are still being questioned and re-questioned by LE. So no, I don't think the case is necessarily on the back-burner although the lack of information may make it appear that way.

Thanks for your perspective

I can't understand why you think that.
Did you read this letter from the publisher of the local paper?
http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20161226/brooks-2016-one-memorable-year
Given the fact that it is a smaller town and homicides are not common, it seems there is going to be some pressure from the local press and the public to solve the case.

The pressure needs to come from the Dallas media because they are the ones with the financial resources to apply pressure. I have said for months now that all the media in this case have been passive and meek with regard to LE.

MPD has withheld items that should be public record in this case such as 911 calls and the complete video. It's time for the public to hold this public agency accountable rather than just taking their word that they're doing all they can. If that's true, then great. But prove it.

Thanks for your perspective
Is it possible to get a more...direct and detailed perspective?

I have noticed a change in what people are thinking these days. I feel it's way off the mark and I'm wondering why.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Within site terms, is there any information you can provide as a local regarding the questioning? Even just the direction they are looking or what they have been taking another look at. Thanks!

One of my POI(s) has since moved out of state which makes me wonder if this has slowed the investigation if LE is looking at the same POI(s). Anyone else have similar thoughts? I've also been looking at past corruption/firings within Midlo LE. Wondering if they've had to be cautious because they are dealing with individual(s) with insider experience. All JMOO

Most locals suspect CT, RB or BB. Only a few locals seem to know the intricacies of the case enough to look further than those people.

From my understanding, the person who was supposedly questioned again last week has been questioned multiple times since the murder, although I personally feel that they are a red-herring.

Most locals suspect CT, RB or BB. Only a few locals seem to know the intricacies of the case enough to look further than those people.

From my understanding, the person who was supposedly questioned again last week has been questioned multiple times since the murder, although I personally feel that they are a red-herring.
What then would be the reason for murdering a mother of 3 if the above are red herrings?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just heard a military guy say in a news story "we're trained and conditioned to kill and not feel a thing." Obviously not related to MB, but interesting perspective if SP has military background..JMO

For the locals who are more aware of the intricacies of the case do they believe the perpetrator is still close by or gone from the area?

For the locals who are more aware of the intricacies of the case do they believe the perpetrator is still close by or gone from the area?

Many think SwatPerp is still very close by and a few believe he/she have left the area.

My intuition says it's on a back burner.
Small town and no real motive to solve it. :(

Two things, and not necessarily in order:

1--Lack of expertise at MPD.

2--Protection for real murderer. MPD trying to stall, protect someone (or two or three)....

I apologize in advance for the format of this post my reply option is not working on Tapatalk :-( in response to the post below:

[quote name="Oregonmama" post=13025737]Looked at the pic again and with out saying anything to my other teen, she noticed a shadow kneeling with with two white hands. She also noticed a liitle shadow on the floor in front of that image. She said it Looked like it was a marker that she sees on CSI. JMO[/QUOTE]

"And the reason I posted the ATF K9 going through that front entrance, JMHO I still feel strong that they were clearing the church of any possible bomb or something since Church had been released on Monday by noon, cleaned and the prayer service was that night (Wed April 20). (one of that K9 expertise) Autopsy was completed day prior and they would have JMHO been there day before if had something to do with looking for a shell as some have opined. JMHO"

Why do you get the impression that they would have been there the day before to look for a gun shell or casing, yet wait an extra day to bring the ATF dog for something more dangerous to the church, property, or community such as a bomb?
Looking forward to your answer :)
I believe that I'm responding to ArkMimi's reply to the comment.

Two things, and not necessarily in order:

1--Lack of expertise at MPD.

2--Protection for real murderer. MPD trying to stall, protect someone (or two or three)....

Scary! It's been way too long to have SP on video and not solve this. RIP Missy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member