TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As many indoor cameras as the church had, I'm surprised LE did not show the perp darting into a room as Missy came in the building, or for that matter, LE has not said that I can recall anything about what was on the cmeras when Missy 1st walked in the building. Does anyone know about this?

As many indoor cameras as the church had, I'm surprised LE did not show the perp darting into a room as Missy came in the building, or for that matter, LE has not said that I can recall anything about what was on the cmeras when Missy 1st walked in the building. Does anyone know about this?

Just guessing, LE won't give those specifics because there will be things only the Perp knows that they want to hear in an interview/confession to secure a conviction.

Didn’t it say in a SW they saw her walking in direction where perp was, but neither were seen again on camera? I could be misquoting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t it say in a SW they saw here walking in direction where perp was, but neither were seen again on camera? I could be misquoting.

Yes they did. And to me that is a huge thing to state. What are the odds that a person surprises the sp in the right spot at the right time.

Yes they did. And to me that is a huge thing to state. What are the odds that a person surprises the sp in the right spot at the right time.

In this case, the odds are pretty good. When MB walked in the entrance, she could have gone right down the hallway where the dutch door room is and the offices beyond that. Or she could have gone N up the other hallway, which is what she did.

SP, we know from a portion of the video that was timestamped, went S past Holy Grounds and the entrance, and then around to the dutch door room around 3:58. We don't know how much time he spent from there as he may have broken into the offices. But 20 mins is a long time, so I think the odds are good that he had explored down that hallway all that he could, then came back and we see him go thru a door to the sanctuary area (the last part that is shown to us). I think MPD intentionally didn't want us to see his last known location as the last section on the video - they didn't want us to make that connection. So the fact that the sanctuary area is last on video tells me that it wasn't really last.

I think by the time that 20 mins elapsed, SP had finished up in the sanctuary and had made his way back to the main hallway. It's a long hallway - a straight shot S to N. He was either at the alcove or in the bathroom, IMO. If not, he was heading back up the hallway. He wouldn't still be going into any rooms because he had already come from there and done that.

So chances are excellent that at 4:20 when she enters, he's either going to be right there near the entrance or the bathrooms or further up the hallway.

In this case, the odds are pretty good. When MB walked in the entrance, she could have gone right down the hallway where the dutch door room is and the offices beyond that. Or she could have gone N up the other hallway, which is what she did.

SP, we know from a portion of the video that was timestamped, went S past Holy Grounds and the entrance, and then around to the dutch door room around 3:58. We don't know how much time he spent from there as he may have broken into the offices. But 20 mins is a long time, so I think the odds are good that he had explored down that hallway all that he could, then came back and we see him go thru a door to the sanctuary area (the last part that is shown to us). I think MPD intentionally didn't want us to see his last known location as the last section on the video - they didn't want us to make that connection. So the fact that the sanctuary area is last on video tells me that it wasn't really last.

I think by the time that 20 mins elapsed, SP had finished up in the sanctuary and had made his way back to the main hallway. It's a long hallway - a straight shot S to N. He was either at the alcove or in the bathroom, IMO. If not, he was heading back up the hallway. He wouldn't still be going into any rooms because he had already come from there and done that.

So chances are excellent that at 4:20 when she enters, he's either going to be right there near the entrance or the bathrooms or further up the hallway.

If I remember correctly they said she was found in the SW corner of the church. Maybe she had went to the restroom and surprised him when she came out.

I don’t think there were any surprises for the perp. They were there for one reason, and in their mind they were successful. Nothing about this seems random to me. JMO

First seen on video at 3:50 and spent a lot of time in the kitchen doing stuff we don't get. (Paraphrased, I don't recall the exact quote)

I agree 100%. I think he is a small time burglar, and not all mentally there. Though the SWAT gear was not a bad disguise, it could well be part of some cop fantasy that he has.
Though I lean targeted, these posts were a well-articulated defense of the random position. BUT You are saying that this mentally not all there guy inadvertently outsmarted the FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF and about 30 law enforcement officers from Midlothian, Arlington, Ellis County, Tarrant County Austin, etc. interesting final twist of this sordid tale, but as they say go where the evidence leads you.

Though I lean targeted, these post were a well-articulated defense of the random position. You are saying that this mentally not all there guy inadvertently outsmarted the FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF and about 30 law enforcement officers from Midlothian, Arlington, Ellis County, Tarrant County Austin, etc. interesting final twist of this sordid tale, but as they say go where the evidence leads you.

Or perhaps hiding in plain sight.

I wonder if that is a costume seat vest, or if it is a cops vest or was stolen from an officer.. has anyone looked into stolen police vests? Considering they believe this is a burglar you would think the gear quite possibly could also be stolen? Maybe during a B and E in Midlothean or another Texas city nearby? Just a guess. Love reading through all of these comments. A lot of good stuff in here and I'm new to web sleuths, always scared to post but you guys will never know I'm here if i dont. So I tried to post something somewhat valuable to the case hopefully.

Though I lean targeted, these posts were a well-articulated defense of the random position. BUT You are saying that this mentally not all there guy inadvertently outsmarted the FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF and about 30 law enforcement officers from Midlothian, Arlington, Ellis County, Tarrant County Austin, etc. interesting final twist of this sordid tale, but as they say go where the evidence leads you.

That is not that remarkable. The homicide clearance rate in the US is only about 61%. So four out of ten murderers get away. Plus just because someone has mental issues that cause them to commit a crime, doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid.

If the perp was suitably equipped and disguised to not get caught for breaking and entering, this would make finding the person more difficult even if the murder was unplanned.

The time frame is very tight from Missy entering the church to when the sp left. JMO, but the sp knew where Missy was heading and what time to expect her to arrive since the class info was online prior to that morning.

That is not that remarkable. The homicide clearance rate in the US is only about 61%. So four out of ten murderers get away. Plus just because someone has mental issues that cause them to commit a crime, doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid.

Not just that. The fact that SP had zero connection to MB (in my opinion) makes it even harder. If there isn't a clue at the scene (or in her life) to lead them to SP they might never find him directly.

We have to wait for SP to commit another crime and hopefully evidence from that crime could link to the murder of MB.

That being said, we know LE has investigated everyone in MBs circle, even to the point of issuing SWs on phones to corroborate their stories and fully rule them out. I just don't believe that there is some secret person or conflict in her life that LE hasn't already investigated. For those that believe that this was a targeted hit - I assume you believe that LE knows who did this but is just building a case or do you think LE still has no idea who would target her?

Going back through early threads recently, I was reminded that in that first week Chief Smith referred to the outfit as something an actor might wear on a B-rated TV cop show.

With that in mind, Traders Village is a yuuuge swap meet venue in the DFW area with hundreds of temporary, permanent and semi permanent vendors selling a lot of well, everything. This includes genuine products and knock offs that range in quality from awful to very good.

Though I have not looked for semi SWAT or semi Military gear for sale, I would not be surprised if there are vendors selling it. I have seen at least two permanent vendors selling somewhat martial arts and psuedo survival type gear. "Semi SWAT" and pseudo survival / martial arts things can go hand in hand.

In short, I hope the investigators check into Traders Village and see if a vendor remembers say, a person with a distinctive gait selecting and buying semi SWAT gear haphazardly. Likewise, some surplus stores tend to carry the genuine articles, whereas others tend to stock a lot of knock off gear. There are a finite number of surplus stores in DFW.

The time frame is very tight from Missy entering the church to when the sp left. JMO, but the sp knew where Missy was heading and what time to expect her to arrive since the class info was online prior to that morning.
Yes, she said inside but not where inside.

I believe MB walked through the Port cochere entrance and walked down the hall North (No turns) to at least the main entrance on the Left (West side).

We haven't seen any video of SP there, but we have seen SP coming from that direction just after passing that big front entrance. It is not known if there was a working camera at the main entrance (West side) or in that particular alcove) but I would say no, that that particular camera was not working.

I believe SP knew exactly where she would be setting up and..
that there was no working camera there.

Who gets lucky enough to commit a murder off camera and escape off camera? (I believe SP exited right there at the West entryway as he was not seen again. It would have been the easiest and most efficient way.)

No one is that lucky. SP knew the details of exactly where MB would come to as well as knowing that camera didn't work. That equals 1st hand knowledge or heard from someone in the last 18 hours who
had 1st hand knowledge.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not just that. The fact that SP had zero connection to MB (in my opinion) makes it even harder. If there isn't a clue at the scene (or in her life) to lead them to SP they might never find him directly.

We have to wait for SP to commit another crime and hopefully evidence from that crime could link to the murder of MB.

That being said, we know LE has investigated everyone in MBs circle, even to the point of issuing SWs on phones to corroborate their stories and fully rule them out. I just don't believe that there is some secret person or conflict in her life that LE hasn't already investigated. For those that believe that this was a targeted hit - I assume you believe that LE knows who did this but is just building a case or do you think LE still has no idea who would target her?

Thoughts on the zero connection please. I figured that was your opinion but how did you come up to that conclusion? Missy had some extreme over kill injuries from a LE wannabe imposter. To me that does not make sense. Spending tons of time in the kitchen and playing peek a boo with security cameras doesn't make sense. A seasoned burgler would break in, take stuff that he or she wants and leave. JMO

Yes, she said inside but not where inside.

I believe MB walked through the Port cochere entrance and walked down the hall North (No turns) to at least the main entrance on the Left (West side).

We haven't seen any video of SP there, but we have seen SP coming from that direction just after passing that big front entrance. It is not known if there was a working camera at the main entrance (West side) or in that particular alcove) but I would say no, that that particular camera was not working.

I believe SP knew exactly where she would be setting up and..
that there was no working camera there.

Who gets lucky enough to commit a murder off camera and escape off camera? (I believe SP exited right there at the West entryway as he was not seen again. It would have been the easiest and most efficient way.)

No one is that lucky. SP knew the details of exactly where MB would come to as well as knowing that camera didn't work. That equals 1st hand knowledge or heard from someone in the last 18 hours who
had 1st hand knowledge.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

When did she say inside? Her FB the night before said "we have cover under the awning". Nothing at all about moving indoors.

Thoughts on the zero connection please. I figured that was your opinion but how did you come up to that conclusion? Missy had some extreme over kill injuries from a LE wannabe imposter. To me that does not make sense. Spending tons of time in the kitchen and playing peek a boo with security cameras doesn't make sense. A seasoned burgler would break in, take stuff that he or she wants and leave. JMO

I believe the SP wasn’t looking for anything else but cash. He was also Cosplay being the good guy looking for the bad guy, LE want to be. He went into the kitchen thinking the church may have hidden Sunday’s offerings there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member