TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been going back and forth between targeted and not targeted and still have not reached a conclusion. But what points me to the not targeted side are a few things. If this was targeted, SP would have had to have known she was going to be alone and not have brought her child with her. Otherwise, would we be looking at 2 murders and not just one, IF she had brought the child along like she had done in the past?? OR, if she had showed up with her child, would SP have gave up the plan and then tried to slip back out of the church without harming her and risked being seen by her/child and having cops called? With her bringing the child before to these workouts, it just don't make sense to me that it was planned, UNLESS he/she KNEW that she would be alone. And for me, only way to have known that, was thru her/husband directly telling the SP.

Second thing that makes me think not targeted is: Why inside the church?? Obviously I don't know the layout of the EXTERIOR of the church but if I'm there just to kill my target, why go inside the church at all? I could wait until she gets there, and surely know that she's got to get equipment out of her vehicle to take inside the church since she's the instructor, and just ambush her then and there in the parking lot. Why go inside and put myself in a position to be "out of place" and possible alert her to my presence and give her a chance to get away or alert authorities before I could get to her. Especially if I don't know if she's alone or not. If I'm outside hiding, that takes all those possibilities out of play. If she shows up with her child, I can just sneak away and try later.

I'm leaning toward not targeted.
Key phrase from LE is that on the video not released SP is just doing more of what he’s shown doing on the released video. And I see zero evidence of theft or burgulaly in what we see. Meandering. Killingtime is what I see

Even though I am pushing the non targeted theory, I’m still in two minds.

There are two minor aspects I think speaks volumes:

1). The use of a headlamp is a big flag to me that the perp was there to look around or find something not murder someone.

But

2). If the perp was holding Saran Wrap it would suggest they were there for murder, to prevent blood spatter or help in cleaning.

Incidentally it looks a little like this brand:

https://i.warosu.org/data/ck/img/0050/76/1388983214563.jpg

I thought I read that too. Off to hunt that statement down. It was raining hard that morning when she arrived that early am. Door needed to be unlocked anyways for bathrm use for campers

I have heard that numerous times, of course it could just be speculation. I do find it interesting that Missy had a business page that she would use to communicate posts with cg campers but that page has been taken down. Perhaps she had posted it on there about class being held inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how many different rooms that church has but if the perp and Missy were not seen again after she walked into the church that would tell me the perp knew exactly which room she would use for the work out session. How odd what luck that perp had? Hummm. just wondering if anyone else knew which room or was it listed on her FB page. ?? I did n't get to read her post about the indoor meeting.

Cannonball3804 - how did you get copies of the more recent SWs and arrest record for BWH?

Yes, this is all public record and I have the documentation. I've held a lot of it back because BWH had not granted any interviews and police had not publicly named him. With him giving this interview however, I think it opens him up to scrutiny.

1996 - allegedly went over to his wife's sister's house (he was married and the sister-in-law was also married). Allegedly pulled out a gun and handcuffs and lingerie and made her put on the lingerie. Allegedly sexually assaulted her. The case went to jury trial. BWH's father's wife (his stepmother) testified for the prosecution stating that BWH had done the same thing to her. BWH was acquitted and resumed his job as a police officer.

2003 - This time it was the mother of his wife at that time (not the same wife as 1996). She had been getting strange phone calls that had made her fearful. He showed up one day and said he was checking to see if she was still getting those calls. During the course of the visit he suddenly pulled his gun and started to pull her pants down. She protested, he eventually stopped and confided in her that he felt like he had failed everybody. He was charged, and tried to give the police an alibi that didn't hold up when they confronted him with cell tower data. They offered him a deferred adjudication deal that required him to make a donation to the victim's charity and to surrender his peace officer license. He complied and the charge was dropped in early 2005 at which time he had to leave Lancaster PD.

In the MB case, we've all seen the video showing his gait. A number of tips were called in to MPD about him, and they interviewed him on May 6, 2016. He stated that on the morning of April 18 he woke up several times during the night and then got up at around 3 am to feed the baby while his wife got ready for work. He admitted that he walked like the church video perp and that he owned gear similar to the perp, although he said his tac vest didn't fit him anymore. Nothing more happened after that May interview until December, when MPD executed a SW and seized his SUV, some hammers, a screwdriver, DVD camera, legal documents and clothing items such as gloves, boots, etc. They also seized a dozen electronic devices and gave them to the FBI. It was the FBI who found evidence of child *advertiser censored* and reported that to MPD around March of April of this year. He was arrested at the end of June.

I have no idea how many different rooms that church has but if the perp and Missy were not seen again after she walked into the church that would tell me the perp knew exactly which room she would use for the work out session. How odd what luck that perp had? Hummm. just wondering if anyone else knew which room or was it listed on her FB page. ?? I did n't get to read her post about the indoor meeting.

JMO
Thats what makes me lean towards a targeted attack.

The odds of him not being seen by her and her just running out the door screaming and getting away seems to me that he was purposely being quiet right before she came in and he had to have been hiding in the room she was likely to enter.

I suppose he could have just gotten extremely lucky to be close to her when she first noticed him but it seems to me that he had to have been sneaky and hiding in a certain spot waiting for her.

Even though I am pushing the non targeted theory, I’m still in two minds.

There are two minor aspects I think speaks volumes:

1). The use of a headlamp is a big flag to me that the perp was there to look around or find something not murder someone.

But

2). If the perp was holding Saran Wrap it would suggest they were there for murder, to prevent blood spatter or help in cleaning.

Incidentally it looks a little like this brand:

https://i.warosu.org/data/ck/img/0050/76/1388983214563.jpg

This is a close up SS of the box in the MPD video. It doesn’t look like food wrap to me.
91408b3b596dfe30520b6f3aedfa94b5.jpg

They arrested him in June after he filed a complaint with the city because of the way he was treated and those charges were DROPPED because the photographs he had on that computer did not belong to him and the ownerS of those photographs were identified, spoken to and proven to be the owners of those photographs.

You have to remember computers - especially laptops - can change many hands over the course of it's lifetime. As for his past history, I sure hope I'm never judged for something that I did 18-20 years ago.

Cannonball - are you able to tell us how you were able to get copies of those reports?

Strangulation sounds more personal than using the breaching tools that the perp has on hand.

In the US, sadly there are on average over 20 people murdered a week during a robbery or burglary, I’m sure there will be various types of attacks or weapons used.

Just my two cents worth but Missy was a very strong woman and it would be extremely difficult to strangle her, IMO. I believe that the SP knew that they had to use an "equalizer" in order to quickly put her down. Having a spiked hammer slammed into your skull will render you unable to defend yourself very quickly. Sorry for being so graphic.

Just my two cents worth but Missy was a very strong woman and it would be extremely difficult to strangle her, IMO. I believe that the SP knew that they had to use an "equalizer" in order to quickly put her down. Having a spiked hammer slammed into your skull will render you unable to defend yourself very quickly. Sorry for being so graphic.

To touch a bit further on this, I tend to believe the SP had full knowledge of Missy’s strength and training, IMO. Thus, they knew they needed weapons that could and would over power and disable her from being able to run or save herself. Just my opinion.

The tools came from the Altima - you can see them in the back dash. Am I allowed to post them here?

Ppl need to start demanding for more coverage in this case over there. The sp needs to be rattled and get stressed out so he or she makes a mistake in their present behavior to raise a suspicion. MPD needs to do another presser. I don't care if they release the same info they
discussed before.

The tools came from the Altima - you can see them in the back dash. Am I allowed to post them here?

Respectfully, it is very hard to see anything in that car. Monkeys, dogs, etc etc were observed in that car. The weather won that night.

Respectfully, I’ve seen the pictures you’re referring to and myself along with most people have a very hard time seeing anything in those pics but blur and blobs. They’re zoomed in pics of grainy surveillance that’s been filtered by secondary sources. They are not photos that came from the police or media.

You have to remember computers - especially laptops - can change many hands over the course of it's lifetime. As for his past history, I sure hope I'm never judged for something that I did 18-20 years ago. <snipped>

Canonball said:
1996 - allegedly went over to his wife's sister's house (he was married and the sister-in-law was also married). Allegedly pulled out a gun and handcuffs and lingerie and made her put on the lingerie. Allegedly sexually assaulted her. The case went to jury trial. BWH's father's wife (his stepmother) testified for the prosecution stating that BWH had done the same thing to her. BWH was acquitted and resumed his job as a police officer.
<snipped>

RSBM & BBM. Respectfully, sexual assault is a serious crime and I will judge someone for committing it whether it be days or decades later. I realize he was acquitted in this case. Your comments seem to minimize what the charges were for this and the following charges, both of which may have been handled in ways we would consider unacceptable today.

It was not *advertiser censored* - this poor guy is getting railroaded and I think it's awful. It's no one's fault here but it's awful that this is happening.

I'm sure that's what he told you, TA.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/internet-sleuths-muddy-waters-and-wreck-lives-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation-9129736

If we believe that a witness saw a car leaving the parking lot, does it seem odd that MB wasn't concerned or curious about who was there so early?

If we believe that a witness saw a car leaving the parking lot, does it seem odd that MB wasn't concerned or curious about who was there so early?

If that car was parked behind the church, which IMO that’s where the SP would have parked at the church, MB would never have seen that car when she pulled in. Or if she did, maybe she assumed someone had left their car at the church on the previous day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member