TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a little confused. I'm going to include in this post an edit to Jethro's map. I've noted as "Room 6" the room he has as K1, and "Room 7" as the kitchen - that's if I'm understanding you correctly. So just to make sure I understand, and using Jethro's map for reference, the room that he has labeled as K1 is actually room 6? And which door are you saying SP first came out of - the last kitchen door, or the first door of Room 8?

attachment.php

I know the cameras have been discussed over and over again, BUT I just want to verify that as far as we know here on ws there were working cameras in the south hall by S1/S2, correct? Forgive me for not remembering off the top of my head.

I know the cameras have been discussed over and over again, BUT I just want to verify that as far as we know here on ws there were working cameras in the south hall by S1/S2, correct? Forgive me for not remembering off the top of my head.

Disregard that. I should have read posts I missed in past few hours.

We positively have no idea where MB and Suspect were. We do know because of clarifications from MPD and SWs that MB entered the doors nearest her truck. And located in SW corner of interior. Jmho only from what we know from MPD and MB FB my personal opinion is around room 2 on this graphic from Jethro. While I don't fully agree with it lots of work went into it. By many. And again jmho I don't believe she was found as some by the restrooms near where she entered and walked down main hallway. I just don't believe would be worded like that by multiple people or SW probable cause affidavit. And with appearing limited cameras I don't see one pointing towards restrooms and would be out of range for other down hall. I am speak at time April 18, 2016. Newer photos you see added cameras that weren't there prior.

BBM

100% agree.

Jmho I take the SW of interior as vague as if you cut the building into 1/4. SW, NW, NE and SE. By that theory it can be in any area down main hallway not so much down Dutch door hallway or alcove. Again if had been in the restroom area I just can't reconcile them blocking off West/front entrance and walking through the crime scene as we see them on video in an out door by MB truck.

I am not expert on camera placement either, but we do see views from camera above door MB entered. 1- when Suspect walking towards it and goes into one room an try breach another. And another view from same area different view of Suspect walking down and back down South hallway (Dutch door hall). Same with Suspect walking from room then walking touching wall. Last portion of MPD video is doomed and then zoomed more as Suspect hits glass. Jmho

Edit to add, we are told MB was out of range and camera turned off (paraphrase but media thread has transcript and video link). If I am understanding DeDee correctly the restrooms placement are not correct on Jethro layout graphic. Jmho if was in that area, would be close to camera if she were to be walking there and any movement I would think from an assault would cause camera to re activate, and yet per SW Suspect nor MB seen on video again. Wouldn't video from campers coming in also activate camera. If so then Suspect if in that same area same should have happened, yet we are told different. Now Spann does make confusing because of his verbiage saying seeing Suspect walking down hallway and believed to left thru busted metal door. I don't believe Suspect went inside Worship Center either as there are locks on those doors (seen in Father's day video) . MB CG class per her FB held class right in area I say think was found in rather basic area. In main hallway in front of Worship Center doors and by where we saw Suspect . Jmho

BBM

Again I 100% agree.

The only other thing that I wanted to comment on was in reference to MB's arrival time as well as the reference to SP spending time in the kitchen. We know that the cameras at SWFA were able to capture a vehicle in the distance at CCoC. However, they could not make out any details about the vehicle. Based on that information, it is my opinion that the SWFA cameras were able to track vehicles as they entered and exited CCoC. I don't think that the cameras were able to pick up anything other than headlight movement. Having said that, I think that LE knows what time SP arrived at CCoC. However, they don't know exactly what happened between SP's arrival and the time that he first appeared on camera around 3:50. SP obviously spent some time breaching CCoC, and after that, he spent time in the kitchen and any adjoining rooms before entering the hallway.

I also think the SWFA cameras are how LE knows that MB arrived around 4:18. They picked up her headlights. Based on her being picked up on camera inside CCoC a few minutes later, they could safely assume that was her vehicle entering the church. I do not think that lights outside CCoC would have triggered the inside cameras. The cameras weren't even sensitive enough to keep track of a woman walking down the hall. If MB was out of range when she was in the church, I don't believe that her headlights would have been in range or powerful enough to activate the motion sensor of the camera.

I'm still a little confused. I'm going to include in this post an edit to Jethro's map. I've noted as "Room 6" the room he has as K1, and "Room 7" as the kitchen - that's if I'm understanding you correctly. So just to make sure I understand, and using Jethro's map for reference, the room that he has labeled as K1 is actually room 6? And which door are you saying SP first came out of - the last kitchen door, or the first door of Room 8?

attachment.php

That seems the right thing to do as far as labeling Room 6 and Room 7 is the kitchen and Room 8 is where small special parties, baby showers, congratulatory greetings following a Christening and activities such as that, are held.

Also, regarding the Library, it is very small. There are two upholstered chairs facing a wall of shelves that hold the books. It is the most elegant room in the Church. It was very brightly lit. I would place it on this map in the South Corridor marked 01 due to the fact that it is not a deep room at all.

In speaking of broken glass, there was one table inside the alcove area where the two upholstered chairs were placed facing the restrooms. Perhaps, prior to the murder, there were two tables in the alcove.

This image shows the single metal door the SP breached to enter the Church.
We agree it leads to Room 7. There is an interior door between Room 7 and Room 8.
Damaged CCoC Door.jpg

CoC N exterior.jpg

I also want to show the Porte Cochere from a different vantage point. Missy pulled her vehicle into the covered area facing West so we would see her tail lights if her vehicle was parked there in this image.

Porte Cochere CCoC Side View.jpg

These trees hiding the Porte Cochere, or the covered awning area, are evergreens, as they don't lose their foliage.

Porte Cochere CCoC.jpg

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

There has been discussion about a person with the initials BWH.

BWH HAS BEEN CLEARED. LET ME REPEAT BWH HAS BEEN CLEARED IN THE MURDER OF MISSY BEVERS.

There is no need to bring up his name again.

You all are doing amazing work here. Please keep it up. I love the work on the hammer.

I think it is a woman too.

Thanks, everyone. Tricia

If you look for Camp Gladiator customer and employee reviews online, you can find, among the five-star notices, complaints about pushy sales tactics, cliquishness, favoritism, having to socialize with other campers in class, competition between leaders, difficulty making money and difficulty canceling memberships.

Perhaps none of the claims are true.

I can imagine that with Camp Gladiator consisting of thousands of participants, there are a certain number of dissatisfied customers.

That being said, I don't think there are any red flags with the type of complaints. Ie, Camp Gladiator does not not appear to require people to make cash investments (just sweat equity and a membership fee), payments to more senior participants / leaders, nor does it seem to have the possibility of arbitrary profit sharing.

Though a extremely dissatisfied participant can't be ruled, out I don't think it is a strong possibility like it would be with say, a TV infomercial real estate club or the proverbial "secret gold mine in Namibia" mail order investment group.

BBM

100% agree.

BBM

Again I 100% agree.

The only other thing that I wanted to comment on was in reference to MB's arrival time as well as the reference to SP spending time in the kitchen. We know that the cameras at SWFA were able to capture a vehicle in the distance at CCoC. However, they could not make out any details about the vehicle. Based on that information, it is my opinion that the SWFA cameras were able to track vehicles as they entered and exited CCoC. I don't think that the cameras were able to pick up anything other than headlight movement. Having said that, I think that LE knows what time SP arrived at CCoC. However, they don't know exactly what happened between SP's arrival and the time that he first appeared on camera around 3:50. SP obviously spent some time breaching CCoC, and after that, he spent time in the kitchen and any adjoining rooms before entering the hallway.

I also think the SWFA cameras are how LE knows that MB arrived around 4:18. They picked up her headlights. Based on her being picked up on camera inside CCoC a few minutes later, they could safely assume that was her vehicle entering the church. I do not think that lights outside CCoC would have triggered the inside cameras. The cameras weren't even sensitive enough to keep track of a woman walking down the hall. If MB was out of range when she was in the church, I don't believe that her headlights would have been in range or powerful enough to activate the motion sensor of the camera.

Agree I don't believe inside cameras picked up anything from outside. Vehicles or people for that matter, going by what we are told.
One correction MB truck is seen driving into parking lot at 4:16a.m. per the timeline provided by MPD. I totally agree that they could and mostly use headlight and taillight for CCoC. My thoughts though if the Suspect turned off lights to turn in and also drive out that wouldn't show up if pouring rain or may not. The reason for unable to get tag number on Altima was due to heavy rain obstruction.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

There has been discussion about a person with the initials BWH.

BWH HAS BEEN CLEARED. LET ME REPEAT BWH HAS BEEN CLEARED IN THE MURDER OF MISSY BEVERS.

There is no need to bring up his name again.

You all are doing amazing work here. Please keep it up. I love the work on the hammer.

I think it is a woman too.

Thanks, everyone. Tricia
I am confused as we went through this earlier with others prior listed in SW. While this individual was not arrested in the case of MB murder, there was a SW and it was sealed just as the ones for MB and BB were. There were bits of new information we got from new SW. Like a passerby allegedly saw a certain type vehicle, the looking for tools (which if tools analysis from those prior mentioned evidently were not murder weapon. And no firearms listed in SW or anything collected from SW execution).

And then the gentleman listed put himself on news telling about it. It's spoken about in media that is approved here. I have not seen MPD state anywhere that BWH has been cleared of MB murder. I will have to refresh myself on that. But I do know that on SW probable cause affidavit BWH was only person of gait sent (along either poi) that could NOT be excluded.

This case has been strange from get go on many levels and rule changes. I just confused as seems same as the prior SW individuals. Not trying to be difficult and I understand concerns just confused on this SW vs others as in rules on this particular case. (Especially given the new bits if facts we now have from PC Affidavit).

Thanks again for keeping it factual as always! :loveyou: Mimi

I am confused as we went through this earlier with others prior listed in SW. While this individual was not arrested in the case of MB murder, there was a SW and it was sealed just as the ones for MB and BB were. There were bits of new information we got from new SW. Like a passerby allegedly saw a certain type vehicle, the looking for tools (which if tools analysis from those prior mentioned evidently were not murder weapon. And no firearms listed in SW or anything collected from SW execution).

And then the gentleman listed put himself on news telling about it. It's spoken about in media that is approved here. I have not seen MPD state anywhere that BWH has been cleared of MB murder. I will have to refresh myself on that. But I do know that on SW probable cause affidavit BWH was only person of gait sent (along either poi) that could NOT be excluded.

This case has been strange from get go on many levels and rule changes. I just confused as seems same as the prior SW individuals. Not trying to be difficult and I understand concerns just confused on this SW vs others as in rules on this particular case. (Especially given the new bits if facts we now have from PC Affidavit).

Thanks again for keeping it factual as always! :loveyou: Mimi

Cease and desist letter?

They didn't use the term "cleared". In my own communication with them, they stated "no longer a focus of the investigation." If that is factually correct, then you have to wonder who their POIs right now are. They have said that they have some. But they have told the media that BWH and also everyone on the initial "target list" were no longer focuses of the investigation.

LE, according to that WFAA TV report, stated that his alibi had checked out. But that isn't a direct quote, it's just the words of the reporter.

This so far is all I have found re cleared (looking for something from MPD reference to saying cleared) not trying to be difficult just want to keep my notes factual.

I can imagine that with Camp Gladiator consisting of thousands of participants, there are a certain number of dissatisfied customers.

That being said, I don't think there are any red flags with the type of complaints. Ie, Camp Gladiator does not not appear to require people to make cash investments (just sweat equity and a membership fee), payments to more senior participants / leaders, nor does it seem to have the possibility of arbitrary profit sharing.

Though a extremely dissatisfied participant can't be ruled, out I don't think it is a strong possibility like it would be with say, a TV infomercial real estate club or the proverbial "secret gold mine in Namibia" mail order investment group.

I don't mean to dump on CG. I have no connection to them positive or negative, and I realize that many people seem to enjoy their experiences with the company. I'm saying that I found some angry/disappointed/frustrated/bitter reviews from customers and employees/ex-employees, including scam accusations and complaints about favoritism. It takes only one unbalanced person to feel wronged, right or wrong, to make a horrible choice. It's unlikely that that's what happened with Missy Bevers. I would hope, however, that the police would at least take a look there and anywhere else Missy worked if they need leads.

What leads? They started cutting back the investigation a couple of weeks after the murder, because they didn't have enough leads to investigate. The last reports were that only one investigator was still assigned to the case, and that was almost a year ago. If they had volumes of leads they would have kept more investigators working on the case.

Assistant police chief stated they had 1300 leads.
Quote found by googling.

Assistant police chief stated they had 1300 leads.
Quote found by googling.

1300 tips, only a handful of leads. A handful of leads for six months of work, and that was when they still had a team of investigators working on the case. There has been no additional leads reported. That is about as cold as a case can get.

In the six-month investigation, Johnson says they have received approximately 1,300 tips, but fewer than a handful have produced productive leads.

Midlothian PD surprised Missy Bevers' murderer remains unidentified _ WFAA.com.html

1300 tips, only a handful of leads. A handful of leads for six months of work, and that was when they still had a team of investigators working on the case. There has been no additional leads reported. That is about as cold as a case can get.

Midlothian PD surprised Missy Bevers' murderer remains unidentified _ WFAA.com.html

Highly doubtful LE will disclose anything they don’t have to by law. Interference from social media groups is hindering the investigation IMHO. Delphi IN case is the same. Very little info from LE now. Hopefully MBs case is being worked on out of sight of “especially aggressive” sleuthers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, good catch.
I still believe this case will be solved. The size, deameanor and gait of the Perp has such a signature. If forced to guess, i’d Say this is a outdoor maintenance person of some variety.

I have no criminal investigative or profiling experience, so what I have is only my gut feelings about this individual. I tend to think this individual is in their late teens to early 20's. This is partially because I believe this may have been a vandalism that went bad. Also partially because the person just looks like someone just doesn't have any particular purpose once inside the church. The biggest thrill for them may have just been getting in to start with and once in just going about looking for someway to leave a sign they were there. I'd love to know what this person did in the kitchen - if they did anything at all. In fact, in my opinion, vandalism may have not even been an objective. Had Missy not entered the church they may have just walked all through the church and waved at the security camera on the way out. The thrill was just getting in, just like some computer system hackers don't really plan any theft but rather enjoy the challenge of getting into a system.

Of course, if this was a planned murder then the above is all out the window. In that case it could be anyone from the early 20's to mid 40's. I don't rule out a planned murder, I just tend to believe it is less likely than a vandalism or simple break in. If it was a planned murder, I could see a small caliber gun being used. If that is well planned such as the murderer picking up their empty casings before leaving the scene there is nothing to trace back to the gun except the bullet(s) in the victim. There is no guarantee the bullet will be in good enough condition to ID a particular barrel and if the killer disposes of the gun or changes the barrel there is nothing left to trace anyway.

I have no criminal investigative or profiling experience, so what I have is only my gut feelings about this individual. I tend to think this individual is in their late teens to early 20's. This is partially because I believe this may have been a vandalism that went bad. Also partially because the person just looks like someone just doesn't have any particular purpose once inside the church. The biggest thrill for them may have just been getting in to start with and once in just going about looking for someway to leave a sign they were there. I'd love to know what this person did in the kitchen - if they did anything at all. In fact, in my opinion, vandalism may have not even been an objective. Had Missy not entered the church they may have just walked all through the church and waved at the security camera on the way out. The thrill was just getting in, just like some computer system hackers don't really plan any theft but rather enjoy the challenge of getting into a system.

Of course, if this was a planned murder then the above is all out the window. In that case it could be anyone from the early 20's to mid 40's. I don't rule out a planned murder, I just tend to believe it is less likely than a vandalism or simple break in. If it was a planned murder, I could see a small caliber gun being used. If that is well planned such as the murderer picking up their empty casings before leaving the scene there is nothing to trace back to the gun except the bullet(s) in the victim. There is no guarantee the bullet will be in good enough condition to ID a particular barrel and if the killer disposes of the gun or changes the barrel there is nothing left to trace anyway.

I completely agree with the first half of your post. I think this was an aimless individual meandering and enjoying rambling around and being destructive in the church. A step up from graffiti, but similar mind set. Then we have the added psychological wrinkle of the combat gear.

Everything about this Perp's affect, their movements, and aimlessness suggest someone with limited acuity.

Aside from what has already been dissected and discussed, I find two other aspects of this Perp very intriguing, and will dwell on more:

1. They didn't use a gun (at least that I have heard reported). That is notable. Why not?
2. They were seen on video reorganizing the "tools" they were using from part of their get up. What other profession would commonly do something similar? Have tools on them in this manner, and reorganize them?

I completely agree with the first half of your post. I think this was an aimless individual meandering and enjoying rambling around and being destructive in the church. A step up from graffiti, but similar mind set. Then we have the added psychological wrinkle of the combat gear.

Everything about this Perp's affect, their movements, and aimlessness suggest someone with limited acuity.

Aside from what has already been dissected and discussed, I find two other aspects of this Perp very intriguing, and will dwell on more:

1. They didn't use a gun (at least that I have heard reported). That is notable. Why not?
2. They were seen on video reorganizing the "tools" they were using from part of their get up. What other profession would commonly do something similar? Have tools on them in this manner, and reorganize them?

Can you elaborate on the perp reorganizing the tools? tia

Can you elaborate on the perp reorganizing the tools? tia

In one of the articles, and I've read so many please don't ask me to go find it... ; ) - it stated that the Perp used tools carried in part of his get up, and that after half-heartedly trying to open a door with one of the tools, they would stop and "organize" those tools. From what I gathered, (but can't confirm), they were being carried in a pouch or pocket of some sort in the front of the combat attire.

I tried to really see what this pocket might be, but the video is too grainy. I can only imagine it might be similar to how a work person has overalls with tool pockets etc.

Thus, I was wondering if we studied those "tool movements" over and over, could we tell what type of profession might use those similar movements? Is it a technician? A handyman? An air condition technician, or?

This is what I'm hung up on at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark