TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8-9 minutes is simple math, and knowing conclusively know s/he dawdled for 8-9 minutes is simple logic.
1 3:50 ....Per LE, the perp was first seen on video at 3:50. That would be when he first entered the hall, since that's where the cams were, and it would be a kitchen-to-hall door, since the exterior kitchen door is where he broke into the building. So we can place the perp's location at 3:50 with some certainty.
2 3:59/9 ...Perp is seen on timestamped video available to us at the SW corner area of the church.
3 Math ...that means there was 8-9 minutes between when the perp was first seen by LE entering the halls from the kitchen, and when he was seen in the SW corner
4 Fact ...it's not that far from pt A to pt B to take anywhere near 8-9 minutes in an empty building ... it's a stroll of perhaps a minute
5 Logic ... in getting from pt A to when we see him at pt B, he couldn't have done so in a beeline or even a purposeful walk, so instead must have dawdled, backtracked, detoured, or somesuch

Respectfully, I understand all of that. I think my point was more towards the fact that he actually could have went straight to the sw corner just to scope it out, went somewhere else and then was back in the sw corner at 358. As we all know, there’s about 28 more minutes of video we have not seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say anything about the cops being corrupt, or about bad cops. But since you brought it up, the police in this country are not doing a great job of solving cases.

Percenrage_of_homicides_solved.jpg

iv'e often wondered how many cases cops solved themselves from good ole nose to the grindstone vs. how many were solved by hanging around waiting for the phone to ring. I know this may offend some LE and I do not mean to offend anyone, this may just be how cases are resolved. I was just thinking out loud.

Respectfully, I understand all of that. I think my point was more towards the fact that he actually could have went straight to the sw corner just to scope it out, went somewhere else and then was back in the sw corner at 358. As we all know, there’s about 28 more minutes of video we have not seen.

28 mins of time. Not 28 mins of additional video. Motion-activated cameras. No cameras in rooms. Basically only cameras in hallways and entrances. JMHO but I bet we're missing no more than 5 mins of additional video.

Respectfully,All you need to do is look at photos from the church Facebook page to see that is fact. And the fact that Spann stated about metal door. I do agree we don't know how long Suspect was in kitchen. But we have to go by what MPD have stated, keeping in mind what was said and most importantly when. It was still early, that day of murder. But we have never been told anything different. Also we do not know for fact how long inside building and very little"evidence". Very little.

I immediately knew what he was doing, I suspect he ate all the cookies and that is where I would have spent a lot of time gathering any crumbs I could find for DNA

If you look for Camp Gladiator customer and employee reviews online, you can find, among the five-star notices, complaints about pushy sales tactics, cliquishness, favoritism, having to socialize with other campers in class, competition between leaders, difficulty making money and difficulty canceling memberships. I'm not saying that any of that applied to Missy's classes or experiences; perhaps none of it did. Perhaps none of the claims are true. If any of it did apply, however, perhaps someone got angry enough to lose perspective and commit this crime.

28 mins of time. Not 28 mins of additional video. Motion-activated cameras. No cameras in rooms. Basically only cameras in hallways and entrances. JMHO but I bet we're missing no more than 5 mins of additional video.

That’s true. And I think it will be interesting to know for certain when this case is solved. IMO, LE selectively only released certain portions of video for a reason.

I watched the video of the suspect over about 10 times. The gait in his/her walk it almost reminds me of my neighbor who's leg was blown off in war. From the knee down he has a prosthetic metal leg. He somewhat walks exactly like this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I believe that the killer was deliberately imitating the father-in-law's walk. Trying to frame him.

Actually, per some church bulletins that you posted in thread 4, room 6 is beside the kitchen.

I didn't take KaaBoom's post to be about where the kitchen is. I took it as KaaBoom thinking it was speculation that it was the kitchen that SP first broke into.

Sorry if I misunderstood but again Spann stated they believed at time came through metal door , which does lead into kitchen. Kitchen is room 7. Room 6 at time is beside kitchen but on the other side. Here is link showing room 6. It also has Dutch doors but not the ones we saw on SW side, these are NW corner same placement opposite side of building. https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10153593170717343/?type=3&theater Room 8 https://m.facebook.com/creeksideDTO...345102342/10150972020967343/?type=3&source=54 which if you look at photos in these series you will see that it is room that comes off the kitchen. The other door of this room is ones Suspect came out of. Disclaimer they have remodeled church and use rooms for multi use rooms but these rooms appear to be same. Jmho.

So where the heck is room 6? An early thread has a pic of a bulletin that refers to room 6 being "near the kitchen".

6 is first room on hallway - if came in thru covered area NW corner - then door 7 first kitchen door then roll up Connection Corner window - then 2nd kitchen door - then door Suspect came out of, first door of room 8 then 2 and door of room 8.

Rooms ran 6,7,8 on that hall.

That’s true. And I think it will be interesting to know for certain when this case is solved. IMO, LE selectively only released certain portions of video for a reason.

Not only is it your correct opinion, it is stated by MPD that they released what they did for reason - in hopes someone would recognize the gait and/or mannerisms if the person in video. And only that reason.

Not only is it your correct opinion, it is stated by MPD that they released what they did for reason - in hopes someone would recognize the gait and/or mannerisms if the person in video. And only that reason.

Yes, that’s true as well. I was thinking outside of the MPD’s statement though. I believe that the other portions of the video holds evidence that only the SP knows, hence the another reason to hold the rest of the video back. I understand/respect holding the portion of the video back of missy walking in and honestly I don’t want to see that poor woman walking to her death. But I believe the rest of what we have not seen is also very telling. JMO

I do not think this murder will ever be solved. jmo
I reluctantly even check this site anymore.

This case *will* be solved. It’s taking a protracted amount of time because of the volume of leads LE has had to sort through. Unfortunately, many false leads. There should be stiff financial penalties and even jail time for disrupting investigations in this manner. In my OPINION, it appears there have been lots of axes to grind against the cast in this sad drama, and it has disrupted progress. None the less, LE will solve this case. It is a matter of time.

Speculation and opinion only

Look at threads for JBR that was murdered Dec 1995 iirc. Personally I don't think we or rather I will solve any murder. I follow and look at any case As a puzzle. Maybe someone who truly knows something will come forth, that would be only way we could help solve jmho. We don't have all of what MPD does have. Strange case for sure all around.

I understand about checking in I read but don't post much as most has been gone over dozens of times. But it does help to ever so often to try to keep facts straight as most of us do. Since truly we only have a minimum of real facts. Social media has had so many rumors spread and continue. Thankfully WS has rules and standards.

Keep checking in, maybe next time will be that time we all are awaiting! An arrest and long road to Justice. But I expect DA to be able to prove to jury their charges beyond a reasonable doubt. I just think people like listed in Observer article has helped create so much reasonable doubt. Some lawyer will come out and maybe pro bono with do much of garbage that's been thrown out to try make name for self. Jmho

Respectfully,All you need to do is look at photos from the church Facebook page to see that is fact. And the fact that Spann stated about metal door. I do agree we don't know how long Suspect was in kitchen. But we have to go by what MPD have stated, keeping in mind what was said and most importantly when. It was still early, that day of murder. But we have never been told anything different. Also we do not know for fact how long inside building and very little"evidence". Very little.
If he spent a bit of time in the kitchen or the room next door, it only makes sense. SP had to dry off, maybe change shoes, put on helmet etc. There is no indication in the videos that he was wet
at the time he was roaming the halls.
(And we do know it was rainy and muddy.)

Did he have a bag with all that stuff in it? I would say he had to go back to the kitchen area after he murdered MB. But I think he escaped out the West main doors and ran around outside to the broken door, grabbed his "stuff" from the kitchen or room next to kitchen and left. He barely missed getting caught as a small dark SUV was spotted coming out of the church's long driveway.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

iv'e often wondered how many cases cops solved themselves from good ole nose to the grindstone vs. how many were solved by hanging around waiting for the phone to ring. I know this may offend some LE and I do not mean to offend anyone, this may just be how cases are resolved. I was just thinking out loud.

Most cops today are hired out of the military. They are trained how to shoot guns, not how to solve crimes. When the clearance rate for homicide investigations drops from 90% to 60%, something is wrong.

You have to keep checking, because you never know. But I agree, it's hard to imagine how this case could get solved at this point. Unless they arrest the suspect for some other crime, and then link him to the case by DNA or some other evidence.

Most cops today are hired out of the military. They are trained how to shoot guns, not how to solve crimes. When the clearance rate for homicide investigations drops from 90% to 60%, something is wrong.

19% of police officers are military vets, according to this recent article.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2017/03/30/when-warriors-put-on-the-badge

You're right, though, that the clearance rate used to be 90%. That's circa 1965. The good news is that the current 60-ish percent figure hasn't changed since 1995.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...t-and-property-crimes-in-the-u-s-go-unsolved/

This case *will* be solved. It’s taking a protracted amount of time because of the volume of leads LE has had to sort through. Unfortunately, many false leads. There should be stiff financial penalties and even jail time for disrupting investigations in this manner. In my OPINION, it appears there have been lots of axes to grind against the cast in this sad drama, and it has disrupted progress. None the less, LE will solve this case. It is a matter of time.

Speculation and opinion only

What leads? They started cutting back the investigation a couple of weeks after the murder, because they didn't have enough leads to investigate. The last reports were that only one investigator was still assigned to the case, and that was almost a year ago. If they had volumes of leads they would have kept more investigators working on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark