TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judt wondering what others think about SP's path through the church. He came out of the kitchen and turned which way?

Judt wondering what others think about SP's path through the church. He came out of the kitchen and turned which way?
I thought he turned West and once he got to the corner where he'd turn left to go down the big hallway, he was out of sight of the camera until he got past the main entry and the camera picked him up. That is why I think the camera on the NW corner was not working, nor was the main camera for the main West entrance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Purely speculation on my part, but I believe when he came out of the kitchen, he went to his right, heading west down the east to west hallway. I believe by going that direction, that would be a shorter route to the main hallway of the church, which would have given him a better view of any cars that were pulling in the church parking lot. I feel like it’s more of a prime location for him to be than say the hallway by room 10 and 12. Again, jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's important to understand that there were 8-9 minutes of elapsed time from when SP first emerged from the kitchen room into the hall, until the point at which he was picked up on camera in the SW corner of the building. Even at a slow stroll, it's a walk that would only take about a minute, so we know he didn't walk out that door and go straight to the SW corner.

He could have dawdled, fiddled with doors, and so on. He could have detoured, backtracked, etc. The video we've seen tells us none of that, so we can only guess. But we do know it took him a while to get from that kitchen-to-hall door to the SW corner area where he's seen on cam.

It's important to understand that there were 8-9 minutes of elapsed time from when SP first emerged from the kitchen room into the hall, until the point at which he was picked up on camera in the SW corner of the building. Even at a slow stroll, it's a walk that would only take about a minute, so we know he didn't walk out that door and go straight to the SW corner.

He could have dawdled, fiddled with doors, and so on. He could have detoured, backtracked, etc. The video we've seen tells us none of that, so we can only guess. But we do know it took him a while to get from that kitchen-to-hall door to the SW corner area where he's seen on cam.

Are you saying 8-9 minutes because the first video released was time stamped at 3:58? If so, how do we conclusively know s/he dawdled for 8-9 minutes? The 2nd presser stated the first surveillance of the SP was about 10 minutes before 4 am. That leads me to believe that there is video of him quite close to when he entered. The problem is, we don’t know what time frame of video we have seen, only that it’s video between the time of 3:50 am and 4:18 am. If I’m wrong, please break it down for me because honestly the video, maps, etc can sometimes make my head spin:)

As you can see, the thread has been downsized considerably. Apologies if some responses / good information got lost in the process, but it is pretty hard to sort the wheat from the chaff (good word, huh?).

If the removal of numerous posts has caused confusion in the flow of discussion, please Alert on posts that you think still need attention and we'll do our best to remedy it.

Thank you to all our valuable members who try so hard to keep the posts in accordance with TOS and who value the importance of sticking to The Rules. You are appreciated.

:tyou:

Bumping

I have some money.
I have a lot of money.

No difference?

In logic, there can often be no difference in the core concept.

Rather, "some money" and "alot of money" have the same value in the equation unless say, "some" or "alot" is further defined in it. In short, in everyday human speak, there is a difference between the two. In college logic classes, probably not.

Please stop misquoting the investigators. "The suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m." according to Midlothian Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson. That was the words of the Assistant Chief. Nothing was said about where he was seen. The location of the kitchen is 100% your speculation. Please stop discussing the kitchen location as a fact. Because it does not agree with what the police have said.

Respectfully, where the kitchen is, is a fact. Many church photos were gone over by myself and many others.
The room Suspect is seen coming out of, that is propped open, is room 8 which is next to the kitchen and has a door that opens from kitchen into room 8. I know from looking that it is not kitchen walking out of, as kitchen doors open into room, and room 8 opens out into hallway.

I truly hope you are right. Does anyone know, has it ever been confirmed how long the crime scene was blocked off and what time the scene was released? I’ve heard very conflicting stories and Id prefer to know the facts regarding this if they are available.

If you look in media thread there are links to press conference and transcript by a fellow WS member. Captain Spann and Chief Smith both I believe but for sure Spann said crime scene was released at noon on April 18, the presser was at about 330 pm same date. So roughly 7 hours from 911 calls. We don't know what time crime scene began being worked or when JP arrived, or body removed. Sorry if that sounds insensitive.

Well since we don't know for fact the sequence of video released as fact as in time, we know for fact time walked up to the room at 3:58 coming from north to south. But when walking out of room an touched wall, talked out of room and to right. Can tell by door opening. Jmho

If you look in media thread there are links to press conference and transcript by a fellow WS member. Captain Spann and Chief Smith both I believe but for sure Spann said crime scene was released at noon on April 18, the presser was at about 330 pm same date. So roughly 7 hours from 911 calls. We don't know what time crime scene began being worked or when JP arrived, or body removed. Sorry if that sounds insensitive.

Thank you! I’m gonna do some sleuthing to see If I can find protocol on when a crime scene investigation begins, specifically for when it pertains to a deceased individual being part of the crime scene. I’m not sure anything would have been touched after EMTS we’re unable to revive her up until after the Justice of The Peace pronounced her deceased.

I believe it may vary by state, but from my own personal experience with my father’s (suspicious at the time) death, detectives and police officers only spoke with myself and family outside of the suspected crime scene, after we arrived. Then they had had to await the medical examiner’s (similar to a justice of the peace) arrival, pronouncement of death, and examination/photographs of his body BEFORE any other investigating was done.

I could very well be incorrect as I’m not sure about the laws/protocol regarding these circumstances in TX.

Edited for clarity.

I thought he turned West and once he got to the corner where he'd turn left to go down the big hallway, he was out of sight of the camera until he got past the main entry and the camera picked him up. That is why I think the camera on the NW corner was not working, nor was the main camera for the main West entrance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That's kinda my thoughts too. But 8 min approximately after being first seen on camera until that area in front of Holy Ground. Possible went through other rooms between kitchen and rooms in NW corner then headed towards where we first seen jmho

I wonder if Missy's involvement with multi-level-marketing businesses had any connection to her murder. These businesses can create financial hardship for and sow resentment/grievances among the people participating in them. I hope the police have at least explored that avenue.

I think this possibility is worth pursuing. In my general experience with some distant relatives, some of the people drawn into these businesses are not very mature and are expecting to "get rich quick". When that does not happen, resentment (as you indicated) can grow- perhaps quickly.

It could be worthwhile to study this particular multi level business to see if it had specific elements or clauses that could cause resentment to grow quickly. Such elements could be possible financial losses among participants that amount to more than they invested, large mandatory payments to earlier participants, leaders able to reward favored participants with more shares from the group "pie" etc.

Thank you! I’m gonna do some sleuthing to see If I can find protocol on when a crime scene investigation begins, specifically for when it pertains to a deceased individual being part of the crime scene. I’m not sure anything would have been touched after EMTS we’re unable to revive her up until after the Justice of The Peace pronounced her deceased.

I believe it may vary by state, but from my own personal experience with my father’s (suspicious at the time) death, detectives and police officers only spoke with me outside of the crime scene and had to await the medical examiner’s (similar to a justice of the peace) arrival, pronouncement of death, and examination/photographs of his body BEFORE any other investigating was done.

I could very well be incorrect as I’m not sure about the laws/protocol regarding these circumstances in TX.

If you look Ellis county crime scene tech helped out. There is only 1 per the EC website. And honestly not knowing when the JP arrived and the CS Tech time, it would be hard to say how long the actual crime scene work took them. The whole crime scene stuff has been discussed at length may can use search feature on that. Some interesting stuff was found. Jmho

Respectfully, where the kitchen is, is a fact. Many church photos were gone over by myself and many others.
The room Suspect is seen coming out of, that is propped open, is room 8 which is next to the kitchen and has a door that opens from kitchen into room 8. I know from looking that it is not kitchen walking out of, as kitchen doors open into room, and room 8 opens out into hallway.

4337280f26d833bade75179f6f3b18af.jpg

MAYBE, this is how LE got the time of 3:50. The cameras would have started recording when that door was propped open. That is of course assuming that all of the doors in the church were closed when the building was closed up the day before. IF that door was propped open by the SP and alerted cameras at 3:50, that would make sense how LE came up with the approximate time of entry. IMO.

If you look Ellis county crime scene tech helped out. There is only 1 per the EC website. And honestly not knowing when the JP arrived and the CS Tech time, it would be hard to say how long the actual crime scene work took them. The whole crime scene stuff has been discussed at length may can use search feature on that. Some interesting stuff was found. Jmho

Thank you very much. I’ve followed from the beginning. I am guilty of missing some discussions here and there but I’ve seen/read about 90% of threads as they’ve played out over the last 21 months. My ws handle is new (for a couple reasons) but I’m what would have been called a lurker (lol) with my old handle. I mostly read and didn’t participate much in commenting.

4337280f26d833bade75179f6f3b18af.jpg

MAYBE, this is how LE got the time of 3:50. The cameras would have started recording when that door was propped open. That is of course assuming that all of the doors in the church were closed when the building was closed up the day before. IF that door was propped open by the SP and alerted cameras at 3:50, that would make sense how LE came up with the approximate time of entry. IMO.
They haven't stated what time the possible entered through the metal kitchen door. Door was already propped open when Suspect walked out. At the end of video the room suspect walked out of to the right in distance can see another door propped open. Jmho classrooms were not locked.
So much speculation because we only have 2 min or so and for reason of someone possibly recognizing mannerisms

They haven't stated what time the possible entered through the metal kitchen door. Door was already propped open when Suspect walked out. At the end of video the room suspect walked out of to the right in distance can see another door propped open. Jmho classrooms were not locked.
So much speculation because we only have 2 min or so and for reason of someone possibly recognizing mannerisms

I personally don’t see other doors propped open in the opening “scene” of the video, but I very well may have missed that. My thought was since this door is the door next to the kitchen, that the sp initially propped this door open at or around 350 alerting cameras, hence the approximate time given by police as the minutes before 4.

I personally don’t see other doors propped open in the opening “scene” of the video, but I very well may have missed that. My thought was since this door is the door next to the kitchen, that the sp initially propped this door open at or around 350 alerting cameras, hence the approximate time given by police as the minutes before 4.

Sorry the other door I was meaning is at the end of MPD video where Suspect comes out door prior to video zoom and hitting the door across hallway. Look to the left of suspect same side hall. Door propped open, can see the shiny part of bottom of door open.

Have to go refresh memory but this door in the our post was already open when comes out IIRC

Edit just watched MPD video and in video door already propped open and suspect walks out. At beginning of MPD video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678