TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was in an early presser that they said he spent "some time" in the kitchen. I don't believe "a lot" was ever used.

MPD was clear that they have no way of knowing when he broke in. They only know when he came out of the kitchen and appeared on camera. So there is no way of knowing exactly how much time he spent in the kitchen. Although, I guess it's possible they're holding back. Perhaps they were able on SWFA's cameras to pick up the headlights of the vehicle turning into the church. But then they still wouldn't know exactly when he breached the building.

Respectfully, to me and perhaps others, "some time" and "a lot of time" is pretty much the same. JMO

bbm
One other thing, darring, regarding your item 1 - taken alone, you're right, it isn't fair to emphasize a person being charged with a crime they are ultimately found not guilty of.

But... what if something occurs later that follows the same pattern of behavior? How much smoke does it take to believe there is actually a fire?

You can look thru the 1996 trial record and see a lot of smoke, especially when combined with 2003. BWH may indeed turn out not to be the guy in the MB case, and I have said that in previous posts. But at a minimum, one should be able to look at his background and his work history and at least see why MPD became very interested in him.

And in all honesty - they never arrested him on the MB case. They executed a SW. They let the FBI look at devices, and the FBI found child *advertiser censored*. Not anybody else's fault but BWH that the *advertiser censored* was there because he was ultimately responsible for the devices.

MPD never said a word about him in the media. They could have identified him publicly, but they didn't. They released documents only when requested - which was many months after those documents became unsealed.

The real kicker for me was BWH agreeing to do an interview with a TV station while in jail. In that interview, he acts perplexed that officers showed up at his door in December 2016, like he had no idea what it was about. But he was first interviewed in May 2016. He knew people had tipped MPD about him. He had to know that they would look into his background, and he knew what they would find. So IMHO, it was disingenuous that he would act incredulous in a TV interview, like he can't understand why a SW would need to be executed with a high degree of security. After all, they were serving that warrant on a man who had not only been a police officer in the past, but a tactical officer. They had no idea what they were facing, so they had to be prepared for anything.

As a former LE tactical officer, he should have understood that completely. So why act like he didn't in that TV interview?

Finally, we all know that police corruption can and does exist, as does the "thin blue line" and cops looking out for and protecting one another. BWH has had multiple officers - his own kind - testify or swear affidavits against him in these incidents. Lancaster PD, MPD, Texas Rangers, the Texas State Guard, the FBI. All are law enforcement, and yet they did not cover up for BWH. What does that tell us?

Well stated. There may be numerous sketchy characters here.

I don't want to be critical because I appreciate that you have kept this thread focused on facts. What exactly are the other sources, though?

Work history can be gained via sources such as LinkedIn if a person posts his resume. Other info could be gained by looking at Facebook posts, if they keep their FB public for anyone to see, and by background checks.

I have some money.
I have a lot of money.

No difference?

Honestly with all the backtracking LE has said re the height, the sp's gender and other contradictions with wording, anything is possible. They hold more of the church video than we have seen so all we have is to keep chewing their words and trying to swallow.

JMO
I havent followed this case as closely as others but one thing I feel comfortable about is the perp likely had owned and worn garments before like we see in the video.

Not many perps would rush out to the store and buy garments like that just for the purpose of wearing it to this crime or other crimes.

If a perp was going to wear a disguise they would likely buy or acquire other things like a ski mask or other garments.

This is the only case I have ever heard of where a criminal wore that type of getup.

So this tells me they either already owned the garments or someone very close to them owned them.

That right there is a huge hint for LE because it limits the possible candidates of who could have done this crime.
Which is why I am really surprised LE has not charged someone yet for the crime.

Unfortunately, I do not believe this case will ever be solved ... nor do I believe it was ever meant to be solved.

It’s possible. The interference of some citizens have very possibly botched the case. Most likely the very same citizens who’ve caused LE to become so tight-lipped. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well chit, I'm even more confused than I was the day this crime took place.

would someone please post the interview of BWH with the reporter at WFAA?

As you can see, the thread has been downsized considerably. Apologies if some responses / good information got lost in the process, but it is pretty hard to sort the wheat from the chaff (good word, huh?).

If the removal of numerous posts has caused confusion in the flow of discussion, please Alert on posts that you think still need attention and we'll do our best to remedy it.

Thank you to all our valuable members who try so hard to keep the posts in accordance with TOS and who value the importance of sticking to The Rules. You are appreciated.

:tyou:

When I saw so many new pages posted since yesterday, I was hopeful that we may have a break in this case. After reading through the most recent posts it seems as if some type of bickering had popped up between a few people.
That was unfortunate.

Right. They said first seen on video at 3:50 - that's SP coming OUT of the kitchen. I'm just saying we really have no way of knowing just how long he was in the kitchen, because all that MPD has said is that he spent "some time", whatever that means. Could be a little time, could be a lot. There may be clues that they found in the kitchen that they haven't mentioned. Maybe he found a frozen dinner and heated it and ate it, and MPD found the empty box. Who knows.

Please stop misquoting the investigators. "The suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m." according to Midlothian Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson. That was the words of the Assistant Chief. Nothing was said about where he was seen. The location of the kitchen is 100% your speculation. Please stop discussing the kitchen location as a fact. Because it does not agree with what the police have said.

Please stop misquoting the investigators. "The suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m." according to Midlothian Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson. That was the words of the Assistant Chief. Nothing was said about where he was seen. The location of the kitchen is 100% your speculation. Please stop discussing the kitchen location as a fact. Because it does not agree with what the police have said.
Im deleting what I first wrote because I misread what your issue was. I thought it was about when the perp was first seen but your issue is with where, not when. So starting over. I'll update this post shortly

As you can see, the thread has been downsized considerably. Apologies if some responses / good information got lost in the process, but it is pretty hard to sort the wheat from the chaff (good word, huh?).

If the removal of numerous posts has caused confusion in the flow of discussion, please Alert on posts that you think still need attention and we'll do our best to remedy it.

Thank you to all our valuable members who try so hard to keep the posts in accordance with TOS and who value the importance of sticking to The Rules. You are appreciated.

:tyou:

THANK YOU. This thread, which has wandered off from time to time, has really cemented in my mind how incredibly special WS is, and how incredibly valuable our Mods are. Contributing in a productive, respectful manner (even when we disagree!) is what we are all about. Thank you to our Mods!

Im deleting what I first wrote because I misread what your issue was. I thought it was about when the perp was first seen but your issue is with where, not when. So starting over. I'll update this post shortly

Spann at around the 13:15 mark of this presser:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be
"Presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door with a glass window."

Brandon Bevers at about the 13:40 mark of this interview:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lnBJ17dtx48
"The perpetrator came through the back door..."

Conclusion: While "back door" as mentioned by BB is generic, Spann is much more specific. There is only one metal door with a glass window unless you know different, KaaBoom. It's the door to the kitchen, and so that's the door where he came in per Spann.

Spann at around the 13:15 mark of this presser:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be
"Presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door with a glass window."

Brandon Bevers at about the 13:40 mark of this interview:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lnBJ17dtx48
"The perpetrator came through the back door..."

Conclusion: While "back door" as mentioned by BB is generic, Spann is much more specific. There is only one metal door with a glass window unless you know different, KaaBoom. It's the door to the kitchen, and so that's the door where he came in per Spann.

Do you personally think the sp broke in around the time he/she was first seen or earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67