TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the post that asked why MB was't alerted by a car being there so early, many believe he was parked on the NE side of the building where there is a wall which could hide most normal sized cars and you would not see it unless you were looking for it.

Not to mention that it's a church parking lot, and if Missy saw a car she would most likely think it was either a very early camp participant, or someone from the church had left their car overnight. I don't think it would have even crossed her mind to be concerned about it.

Somewhere along the way I missed this search warrant. I have the others saved in OneNote. Where can I find this one?

It’s upthread somewhere.
1ba91c9812f92468afe5a564bfc3c43c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the perp was waiting for Missy in an ambush, why would he at 1 minute 20 secs, leave the Dutch doors open right out in the corridor like that.

As they open out into the corridor, for anyone arriving it just gives a big red flag that someone has been here or is here.

Interesting that former police chief thinks it’s targeted when seeing the foorage

[video]https://youtu.be/fQ30KUXAh_c[/video]

Better yet, why would he even break into the church at all, if he just wanted to wait and ambush MB? He could have just hidden outside and jumped her as soon as she got out of her car. He would have never even been on video tape that way. That way he would have left zero evidence, unless he accidentally drop something on the ground, or something. No video evidence, nothing.

If this was a highly planned hit on MB, why in the heck would SP make a mess of the main hallways if what he needed was for MB to come far enough into the building to assault her? All that business in the main hallways was incredibly stupid.

Perhaps MB was on auto-pilot when arriving at the church and didn't notice anything. I've been a victim of a home invasion and burglary (where i confronted the burglar) and on that night I walked over my threshold covered in broken glass and a shattered back door with my dog going crazy in his kennel without registering that my house was broken into. It wasn't until I came face to face with the burglar (who swung his break in tool at me several times before i turned and ran out of the house) that i realized that I was in danger. Had I not been positioned in my house where I could turn and run out the back door, he would have hit me "about my head and chest" several times, no doubt, to get past me and out of the house. I was screaming at the top of my lungs-- had he hit me once or twice I imagine he may have hit me again a few times to shut me up so he could get away.

About a week later, another woman in my city also encountered burglars in her home -- and the situation turned out different. The burglar did beat her with a baseball bat to within an inch of her life. Thankfully she was able to get medical attention immediately and survived.

Now-i ALWAYS look around before entering a building/home alone. I check my security cameras before I enter my house and if anything looks fishy i retreat and make a decision on seeking help (a neighbor or 911).

Respectfully, I believe it was Missy who was fighting for her life.

Only because he had a weapon, and she didn't. If not for the weapon, it would have been a physical fitness trainer against a man with a serious walking disability. She would have taken him down in two seconds.

This is an important thread, an important discussion. I fear we are getting dangerously close to having this thread shut down. Please guys, I am really appreciating the great thinking, but please please stick to TOS. And please call me out if I make a mistake. We are in this together!

She was very physically fit. He had trouble walking. More than likely he was fighting for his life and using everything he had, including the only weapon he had. As for how long he spent in the kitchen, I think that is 100% speculation on your part. Unless you have a link that says how much time he spent in the kitchen, and I don't believe that information has been reported.

LE stated in one of their early pressers that the sp spent a lot of time in the kitchen.

two old articles that have some good info it.....

"Bevers was scheduled to lead a Camp Gladiator fitness class inside the church at 5:00 a.m., on April 18. Someone snuck into the church a little before 4:00 a.m. the same morning, wearing SWAT tactical gear."

"The day prior to the murder, Missy had posted on her Facebook page that she was going to be hosting the class the next morning at 5 AM, rain or shine. It happened to be raining that morning, meaning that she would have hosted the class indoors."

<modsnip>

http://courtjunkie.com/missy-bevers-case-know/

Exactly. The argument on targeted vs untargeted cuts both ways. If he targeted her, why arrive so early and increase the risk of his car being spotted on a patrol? Why not get there 20 mins later and just go directly to a lying in wait spot?

Staging the scene. Obviously the sp is not stupid and planned it out to his personal expectations. The church is a lot bigger than a house. The Sievers case in FL had two men break in a day before their target arrived and they came back earlier than she did on the day of the murder.

LE stated in one of their early pressers that the sp spent a lot of time in the kitchen.

You will have to refresh my memory with a link. I just went back and reread about a dozen early articles on the case and can't even find one mention of the kitchen. There may have been some mention at the news conferences of him going into the kitchen. But unless my memory is completely wrong, I don't believe they ever said that he spent a "lot" of time in the kitchen. As a matter of fact, they didn't say a lot of anything he did. Just that he was dressed in SWAT gear and walked around the halls and was breaking glass doors.

You will have to refresh my memory with a link. I just went back and reread about a dozen early articles on the case and can't even find one mention of the kitchen. There may have been some mention at the news conferences of him going into the kitchen. But unless my memory is completely wrong, I don't believe they ever said that he spent a "lot" of time in the kitchen. As a matter of fact, they didn't say a lot of anything he did. Just that he was dressed in SWAT gear and walked around the halls and was breaking glass doors.

I believe it was in an early presser that they said he spent "some time" in the kitchen. I don't believe "a lot" was ever used.

MPD was clear that they have no way of knowing when he broke in. They only know when he came out of the kitchen and appeared on camera. So there is no way of knowing exactly how much time he spent in the kitchen. Although, I guess it's possible they're holding back. Perhaps they were able on SWFA's cameras to pick up the headlights of the vehicle turning into the church. But then they still wouldn't know exactly when he breached the building.

I believe it was in an early presser that they said he spent "some time" in the kitchen. I don't believe "a lot" was ever used.

MPD was clear that they have no way of knowing when he broke in. They only know when he came out of the kitchen and appeared on camera. So there is no way of knowing exactly how much time he spent in the kitchen. Although, I guess it's possible they're holding back. Perhaps they were able on SWFA's cameras to pick up the headlights of the vehicle turning into the church. But then they still wouldn't know exactly when he breached the building.

Well they have the timestamps on the videos. So they know what he was doing while he was on camera, and they have more video then what we have seen. I'm sure that they have put together a timeline based on that. But they have certainly not released that information. Except for the general timeline of when he arrived, when she arrived, and when the campers arrived. So anything else is pretty much speculation.

Well they have the timestamps on the videos. So they know what he was doing while he was on camera, and they have more video then what we have seen. I'm sure that they have put together a timeline based on that. But they have certainly not released that information. Except for the general timeline of when he arrived, when she arrived, and when the campers arrived. So anything else is pretty much speculation.

Right. They said first seen on video at 3:50 - that's SP coming OUT of the kitchen. I'm just saying we really have no way of knowing just how long he was in the kitchen, because all that MPD has said is that he spent "some time", whatever that means. Could be a little time, could be a lot. There may be clues that they found in the kitchen that they haven't mentioned. Maybe he found a frozen dinner and heated it and ate it, and MPD found the empty box. Who knows.

Some of these posts are crazy but some are fair questions.
1. People are found not guilty for reasons and it is not fair to emphasize a person being charged with a crime they are ultimately found not guilty of.
2. The use of a podiatrist is a big reach to get a search warrant. It suggests they used other means and failed.
3. Where are you getting all of your information, Cannonball? If you're getting it from MPD, why are they giving it to you? What is their agenda?

<modsnip>

"He is not only a podiatric physician and surgeon, but also an educator, writer, researcher and one of a handful of forensic podiatrists in the world. His long career of dedicated public service in the Chicago area has seen him assist law enforcement in criminal investigations that involved foot-related evidence at crime scenes."

1. People are found not guilty for reasons and it is not fair to emphasize a person being charged with a crime they are ultimately found not guilty of.
2. The use of a podiatrist is a big reach to get a search warrant. It suggests they used other means and failed.
3. Where are you getting all of your information, Cannonball? If you're getting it from MPD, why are they giving it to you? What is their agenda?

The Texas Public Information Act determines what is public record and what isn't. And most information IS public, unless the governmental entity can prove that it qualifies for exception under Texas statutes. Some things like the 911 calls in the MB case have been determined to be exceptions and are still being withheld. But MPD doesn't have an "agenda" as far as records go. If public records are requested, they have to provide them - to anyone.

As far as saying that the use of a podiatrist is a reach in getting a SW, you can look at the affidavit and see that it wasn't the only criteria. They also had information obtained from the interview, his background, and the dark SUV. It was enough for a judge to determine there was probable cause.

http://www.nwitimes.com/niche/get-h...icle_14d39113-30bd-5ebc-851d-b8347654b06d.htm

That&#8217;s just one article of MANY. This physician has numerous documented cases as well as numerous articles and recognitions for his services.

If this link is not allowed, please delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a racket that nobody has ever tested to see if there is any validity. Put 50 people in a room and have them walk by this guy - change their clothes and send 1 in and he wouldn't be able to determine who it was. He gets paid by prosecutors and he will give whatever they want. The defense then hires a different expert podiatrist to counter the claims. If he doesn't give prosecutors what they want, nobody will use him. His opinion is influenced by who is paying him and how much.

bbm
One other thing, darring, regarding your item 1 - taken alone, you're right, it isn't fair to emphasize a person being charged with a crime they are ultimately found not guilty of.

But... what if something occurs later that follows the same pattern of behavior? How much smoke does it take to believe there is actually a fire?

You can look thru the 1996 trial record and see a lot of smoke, especially when combined with 2003. BWH may indeed turn out not to be the guy in the MB case, and I have said that in previous posts. But at a minimum, one should be able to look at his background and his work history and at least see why MPD became very interested in him.

And in all honesty - they never arrested him on the MB case. They executed a SW. They let the FBI look at devices, and the FBI found child *advertiser censored*. Not anybody else's fault but BWH that the *advertiser censored* was there because he was ultimately responsible for the devices.

MPD never said a word about him in the media. They could have identified him publicly, but they didn't. They released documents only when requested - which was many months after those documents became unsealed.

The real kicker for me was BWH agreeing to do an interview with a TV station while in jail. In that interview, he acts perplexed that officers showed up at his door in December 2016, like he had no idea what it was about. But he was first interviewed in May 2016. He knew people had tipped MPD about him. He had to know that they would look into his background, and he knew what they would find. So IMHO, it was disingenuous that he would act incredulous in a TV interview, like he can't understand why a SW would need to be executed with a high degree of security. After all, they were serving that warrant on a man who had not only been a police officer in the past, but a tactical officer. They had no idea what they were facing, so they had to be prepared for anything.

As a former LE tactical officer, he should have understood that completely. So why act like he didn't in that TV interview?

Finally, we all know that police corruption can and does exist, as does the "thin blue line" and cops looking out for and protecting one another. BWH has had multiple officers - his own kind - testify or swear affidavits against him in these incidents. Lancaster PD, MPD, Texas Rangers, the Texas State Guard, the FBI. All are law enforcement, and yet they did not cover up for BWH, one of their own. What does that suggest to us?

The Texas Public Information Act determines what is public record and what isn't. And most information IS public, unless the governmental entity can prove that it qualifies for exception under Texas statutes. Some things like the 911 calls in the MB case have been determined to be exceptions and are still being withheld. But MPD doesn't have an "agenda" as far as records go. If public records are requested, they have to provide them - to anyone.

As far as saying that the use of a podiatrist is a reach in getting a SW, you can look at the affidavit and see that it wasn't the only criteria. They also had information obtained from the interview, his background, and the dark SUV. It was enough for a judge to determine there was probable cause.

The information you receive is biased, though. LE isn't going to include the fact that they hired 4 other expert witnesses that failed to identify the suspect (I just made that up but it could be true, we wouldn't know). That won't be in the warrant (and that is fine). You also don't have any defense information. Some of the information is information LE selected to paint the best picture for themselves. It creates a biased picture and should be taken with a grain of salt.

With that said, LE generally focus on those they suspect and they're usually correct. Although, the track record in that area isn't so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67